Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 14, 2008, 09:56 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cosmonaut_Roger
Radeon Evergreen

Cosmonaut_Roger is still being judged by the masses

Default 10 Golden Rules of online gaming..

I thought this was hilarious, and some of it seems unfortunately true:

http://www.destructoid.com/ten-golde...ng-64474.phtml

Hopefully not OFN

*edit*
I just have to say my own personal favorite annoying this I've seen online was on a TF2 server. Some ******* was exploiting the door bug, wherein you can jump into exit door of the spawning areas and block it from rising up, so everyone is stuck in the spawning area. He would jump into the door and then began singing along to Michael Jackson. Everyone was so pissed, I've never heard so many adolescent profanities flowing out of my speakers. I just laughed and laughed, I thought it was funny. I watched it for a while and then went to another server, and I applauded that ******* for being such a douchebag and going online just to annoy people.
3.5" Floppy Disk Drive
24x CD-ROM Drive
1mg Integrated Video Card by Cirrus Logic
Sound Blaster 16 Sound Card
One 9-pin Serial (Comm) Port
One Parallel LTP Printer Port
Dos 6.22

Last edited by Cosmonaut_Roger : Jan 14, 2008 at 10:04 AM.
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:16 AM   #2
Clavain
Radeon R420

Clavain is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
7: Everyone is gay:
Before the Internet was invented, gay people were those in society who were attracted physically and emotionally to members of the same gender. Since the Internet, everyone and everything is gay. From the gun they use to kill you, to the voice they use to communicate with you, it is all gay, gay, gay. Lag is gay, snipers are gay, noobs are gay, people from other countries are gay, the countries they come from are gay, the ocean the country is surrounded by is gay, the fish in the ocean are gay, all sealife is gay, life is gay, gays are gay, gay gay gay. Gay.
Using the same one-syllable word to describe everything you don't like might not be an indicator of a varied vocabulary, but who cares? Words are gay.
So true...
Clavain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 12:12 PM   #3
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

that was

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 14, 2008, 02:35 PM   #4
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

When they frag you, do you not bleed?

3: If a feature in a game is popular/effective, it is cheap:

Be it the chainsaw in Gears of War, or snipers in any FPS ever made, there are a number of cool features and tactics in games that people not only find enjoyable to use, but are often highly effective methods of securing victory -- never use them. If you do so, you are cheap and will become a noob.

Hahah.. so true. To this day I will NOT use an AWP.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 02:51 PM   #5
GRimm862
Banned

GRimm862 is still being judged by the masses

I follow every single one of those rules every time I step foot in an online game.

Rules to live by, rules to die by.
GRimm862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 03:04 PM   #6
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Talking

Quote:
Just remember, of course, that you are not a kill stealer. You are merely an opportunist. Besides which, since all the enemies are your personal fodder anyway, you're taking nothing away from the meat puppets who are only there to be noobs and bring down your score by sucking.
Damn straight.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 03:45 PM   #7
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

gay cheap awpers
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 03:46 PM   #8
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

ukHazard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmonaut_Roger View Post
I just laughed and laughed, I thought it was funny. I watched it for a while and then went to another server, and I applauded that ******* for being such a douchebag and going online just to annoy people.
Ever thought of joining myg0t? Because you seem to condone some jerk ruining others' online experience.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 05:46 PM   #9
Cosmonaut_Roger
Radeon Evergreen

Cosmonaut_Roger is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukHazard View Post
Ever thought of joining myg0t? Because you seem to condone some jerk ruining others' online experience.
Don't get me wrong, I don't condone it. I didn't verbally or by typing encourage him at all. I just laughed to myself at the utter hysteria and slew of swear words he elicited from the other players. I feel bad for the people who maybe frequent that server, but for everyone else what's so difficult about jumping into one of the other 100 servers that have good ping times with your map? It's not the end of the world when some idiot does things like that, just leave and go to another server. But I do feel bad for the people who like I said frequent that server and have friends playing on it. But they are likely in the minority.
3.5" Floppy Disk Drive
24x CD-ROM Drive
1mg Integrated Video Card by Cirrus Logic
Sound Blaster 16 Sound Card
One 9-pin Serial (Comm) Port
One Parallel LTP Printer Port
Dos 6.22
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 08:47 PM   #10
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lame list

everyone knows that

rule #1 is ' Never argue with ADMIN as Admin is always right! '
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL features of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Dwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 09:12 PM   #11
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

pfft ive had ego clashes with admins before. at times, its better to accept a ban than to take it up the ass.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 09:53 PM   #12
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sMashPiranha is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by phial View Post
at times, its better to accept a ban than to take it up the ass.
Oooo, where can I find servers with this feature
sMashPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 09:55 PM   #13
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

The one thing they missed out was the edgy ADMINS. Never **** with an admin. Some matches in ET, the admin use to make me switch to the team or I would be banned. If I got a 5-1 kill ratio against an admin I would be kicked.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:24 PM   #14
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Don't forget to avoid the servers that are inhabited by the 'god-complex' people. WIC seem to be littered with this type of folk!

Dc

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:13 PM   #15
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMashPiranha View Post
I owe you rep for this!

Bedroom PC - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 - AMD 1100T @3.7/4GHz - H50 - 8GB DDR3-1600 - HD 7870 OC - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 640GB Blue - Xonar DX - LG BDROM - Logitech 6110 - TT Volos - Antec 900 - CM 500W PSU - Samsung 32" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - BIC L/R & MTX Surround Speakers - Mission C70 Center - Sony 10" Sub - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HTPC - Gigabyte GA-890GPA~UD3H - AthlonII X4 630 - HD6450 - 8GB DDR3-1333 - WD 500GB Black - WD 640GB Green - WD 2TB Green - LG BDROM - Ceton InfiniTV 4 w/ MCE Remote - Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop - Corsair 450W - Silverstone LC10B-E - Sharp Aquos 46" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - PE 15" Sub - Classic Mission Speakers - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Office PC - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Intel 3570K - 16GB DDR3-1866 - HD 7950 FLEX - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 500GB Blue - WD 1TB Black - Xonar DX - Corsair 600W PSU - Antec ON1E - Logitech G5 - Logitech USB Media KB - AOC 23" LCD - Creative Inspire 2.1 - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

5x Presentation Machines - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 - FX-8350 w/ FX WC - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 5870 or 7870 Eyefinity 6 - 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - WD 500GB Black - DVDRW - Cooler Master Sileo 500 - 600W PSU - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - Office 2010 Pro
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 07:39 AM   #16
Guybo
Anonymous Proletariat

Guybo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Since the Internet, everyone and everything is gay. From the gun they use to kill you, to the voice they use to communicate with you, it is all gay, gay, gay. Lag is gay, snipers are gay, noobs are gay, people from other countries are gay, the countries they come from are gay, the ocean the country is surrounded by is gay, the fish in the ocean are gay, all sealife is gay, life is gay, gays are gay, gay gay gay. Gay.

Using the same one-syllable word to describe everything you don't like might not be an indicator of a varied vocabulary, but who cares? Words are gay.

LMFAO! I have played online against guys who use the ghey/gay thing all the time. Way too LOL! OMFG this article is teh_funnay
Guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:35 AM   #17
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
The one thing they missed out was the edgy ADMINS. Never **** with an admin. Some matches in ET, the admin use to make me switch to the team or I would be banned. If I got a 5-1 kill ratio against an admin I would be kicked.
Well admins arent exactly a "rule".
They're just the communist government that runs/polices the server.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 06:28 PM   #18
kona
Radeon R420

kona is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by phial View Post

Hahah.. so true. To this day I will NOT use an AWP.

Me neither..........
Gigabyte 3D AURORA - Mushkin 580W PS - Asus P5Q-E - Intel C2Q Q6600 [email protected] 3.15GHz - DD TDX , Pro Core - 8GB GSkill PC2-1000 DDR2 - EVGA 260GTX core216 - X-fi Extreme Gamer - Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB HD - BenQ DVD-RW - Saitek Eclipse KB - Logitech G7 - Asus 22" 2ms WS LCD - Windows Vista Ultimate 64
kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 01:00 AM   #19
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

That was amazing. I Lol'd many times. Many.

alpha!

Quote:
Try to sing as loudly and obnoxiously as you can into your headset before, during and after a game, only stopping when you need to step away from the mic to breathe. Everybody will be impressed and will want to play with you again. In fact, you're so great at singing that the only reason you're not on Broadway right now is that showbusiness is full of lag.
If you lack the raw sexual magnetisim and confidence that is required to sing during a game, you can always hold the microphone up to some speakers and play your favorite tunes for everybody. Your fellow gamers really care what your musical interests are and will applaud your tasteful selection of tracks.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64

HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 04:18 AM   #20
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
lame list

everyone knows that

rule #1 is ' Never argue with ADMIN as Admin is always right! '
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
Stupid Admins on some servers, just kill them and they kick you

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,
Raynox D250 closeup/macro attachment,
Kenko extension tubes,
reverse lens adaptor,
Nikon SB800 flash,
Vivitar 285HV Flash unit,
Tripod (x2),
Monopod

Rage3d flickr Group
Doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 09:38 PM   #21
Radeon_Nut
Radeon R520

Radeon_Nut is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMashPiranha View Post
Easy as per rule #7. Have fun!
Twin 5.7L Merc
Alpha Gen 2 Outdrives
Garmin 1500 GPS

-----------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar1973
Wow you [Radeon_Nut] are one incredibly stuck up SOB.
Radeon_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote