Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Nov 21, 2020, 07:12 PM   #4081
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
No kidding, the heat coming out of this thing is a bit ridiculous.

Next years 7nm TSMC refresh is what these should have been from the start.
with ps5 and xbox series x sales and AMD's own stuff good luck NV getting any 7nm till AMD movers Navi 3 to 5nm

last i saw AMD bought up all the 7nm left with Intel trying to get in also
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2020, 07:29 PM   #4082
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

From what I've read Nv will be one of their main clients for 7nm in 2021. As you rightly point out, because other clients are moving to 5nm.

A 7nm refresh of the same arch will be interesting - it'll show just how leaky and inferior Samsungs 8nm node is. I suspect 3080/3090 could have fit within the more traditional ~300w power envelope and probably a little more clock speed.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 07:42 PM   #4083
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
From what I've read Nv will be one of their main clients for 7nm in 2021. As you rightly point out, because other clients are moving to 5nm.

A 7nm refresh of the same arch will be interesting - it'll show just how leaky and inferior Samsungs 8nm node is. I suspect 3080/3090 could have fit within the more traditional ~300w power envelope and probably a little more clock speed.
NV is moving to 5nm with hopper next year unless they want to fight 5nm Navi 3x with a 3080 refresh

Quote:
AMD teases next-next-gen GPU: says RDNA 3 teams in execution
Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75950...ion/index.html
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 21, 2020, 08:43 PM   #4084
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
NV is moving to 5nm with hopper next year
Bill you really think we'll see a 12 month cycle out of Ampere and Big Navi? 18 months seem more like it to me.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2020, 08:50 PM   #4085
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Definitely 18 month cycle.can’t even get your hands on a GPU in the first 4 or 5 months, who knows it may even go further out than 18 months.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2020, 08:58 PM   #4086
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Bill you really think we'll see a 12 month cycle out of Ampere and Big Navi? 18 months seem more like it to me.
close to it for AMD yes

July 7, 2019 for Ryzen 7 3800X

November 5th, 2020 for 5800x with covid going on

AMD has both zen 4 CPU & Navi 3x GPU on the 2021 road map and yes i think they will make it unless TSMC 5nm f*cks up but then apple is already using it

nv i don't know but do you think the Jacket will take the chance of AMD getting the jump on him

lisa su is running a freight train and it will be on time
Old Nov 21, 2020, 09:03 PM   #4087
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
NV is moving to 5nm with hopper next year unless they want to fight 5nm Navi 3x with a 3080 refresh

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75950...ion/index.html

Yes I know, but they're also doing 7nm Ampere refresh - SUPER variants perhaps?

Quote:
lisa su is running a freight train and it will be on time
CHOO CHOO
Old Nov 21, 2020, 09:17 PM   #4088
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Definitely 18 month cycle.can’t even get your hands on a GPU in the first 4 or 5 months, who knows it may even go further out than 18 months.
this is all 110% the virus .

lower supply and higher demand

take the one of the ****ing vaccines people and get back to work

i will bet AMD hits their roadmap by dec 2021

i have worked in a Intel cleanroom a more safer place to work from the virus i can't think of
Old Nov 22, 2020, 01:26 AM   #4089
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If the vaccines work well, and we have success getting people to take them, I actually wonder if we don't have a hardware glut a year from now. Demand is super high, so they finally manage to up production enough to meet it, only for it to suddenly taper off? I guess we'll see. Not that it helps anything at the current moment, of course.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2020, 06:03 AM   #4090
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If the vaccines work well it will still take a year or more to vaccinate the entire country. 360,000,000 people takes a while.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 09:52 AM   #4091
SuperGeil

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

There is a virus for sure going around if people are dumb enough to pay for a 3090.
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2020, 10:34 AM   #4092
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGeil View Post
There is a virus for sure going around if people are dumb enough to pay for a 3090.
Not enough posts to make this statement yet.

Let people enjoy their hobby however they want.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:40 AM   #4093
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
Not enough posts to make this statement yet.

Let people enjoy their hobby however they want.

yoz
Old Nov 22, 2020, 01:48 PM   #4094
demo
space cadet

I'm afraid it's true *cough* I got tested and am positive *cough cough*
Old Nov 22, 2020, 05:53 PM   #4095
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

I've been away from Benchmarking for a long time. So I really don't know what to run but..

Time Spy I got 10K with the specs below except with a 3070.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2020, 07:26 PM   #4096
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Somehow lost custom fan curve control through Afterburner on my 3080. Stock built-in fan curve on the card still functions but I don't like it (fans off until it hits 60C). Not sure if it's a driver issue or something else. I can still manually set it to absolute values but it's a bit wonky.

100% = 100%
95% = 92% actual
90% = 85% actual
85% = 78% actual
80% = 71% actual

And so on and so forth. % difference as you go down in increments of 5 = 3, 5, 7, 9 etc

Running the latest 457.30 drivers. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried uninstalling Afterburner and reinstalling. Weird thing is it was previously working with this driver. Haven't installed any other software with fan control that could be conflicting.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

Last edited by DeathKnight : Nov 22, 2020 at 07:32 PM.
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2020, 09:15 PM   #4097
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Somehow lost custom fan curve control through Afterburner on my 3080. Stock built-in fan curve on the card still functions but I don't like it (fans off until it hits 60C). Not sure if it's a driver issue or something else. I can still manually set it to absolute values but it's a bit wonky.

100% = 100%
95% = 92% actual
90% = 85% actual
85% = 78% actual
80% = 71% actual

And so on and so forth. % difference as you go down in increments of 5 = 3, 5, 7, 9 etc

Running the latest 457.30 drivers. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried uninstalling Afterburner and reinstalling. Weird thing is it was previously working with this driver. Haven't installed any other software with fan control that could be conflicting.
What version of Afterburner? When i first got my Ventus I tried the 4.6.3 beta 2 and I couldn't get fan curve control working either. It would just be running auto fan. Had to go back to last official release then it worked fine.

Also, you have a very similar system as me. Do you have Metro Exodus, and if so do you get occasional crashing with RTX, DLSS, HairWorks, Advanced PhysX, and Tesselation all enabled? My game crashes randomly at certain points unless i disable all those features.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2020, 10:27 PM   #4098
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Running 4.6.3 Beta 2. I had to move up to this version because the fan control wasn't working right for me in 4.6.2. Maybe I'll move back and see what happens, lol

I don't have Metro Exodus yet so can't help you there.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:50 PM   #4099
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Running 4.6.3 Beta 2. I had to move up to this version because the fan control wasn't working right for me in 4.6.2. Maybe I'll move back and see what happens, lol

Hmm, not sure what else could be causing the fan curve problem then.

Anyways keep us posted if you manage to figure it out.
Old Yesterday, 12:33 AM   #4100
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Wait a damn second here....

How did someone new join?

I thought the registration for this site was broke.... Since 2017....

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM   #4101
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

You need to use Beta 3.

yoz
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #4102
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
You need to use Beta 3.
Had to go digging for it. Link to a post at Guru3D with the download: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rt...1#post-5843388

Seems to have fixed it
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #4103
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
You need to use Beta 3.
Good call! Didn't realize there was a newer beta released.
Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM   #4104
acroig
Master Troll

Cheers guys!

yoz
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM   #4105
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Cheers gays!
Fixed
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM   #4106
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Fixed

yoz