Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Thread for people who own and daily drive vehicles that weigh over 4000lbs

Who else enjoys their very heavy and probably big unenvironmentally friendly vehicles??
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

weigh.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:54 PM   #3
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

environmentally unfriendly
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I used to daily drive my pathfinder. Literally the only thing nice about it was being able to see over traffic. Financially, it was incredibly stupid(though that doesn't bother you much, you love making bad decisions), it was also less safe(stopping distance compared to cars, increased chance of rollover), and even with the extra hp I had, just stupidly slow. It made absolutely no practical sense, because, like you, I didn't haul anything besides maybe on weekends. I also rarely offroaded, so even that excuse was weak as hell. No, I much prewfer to drive my bimmer, its a much more intelligent choice.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:41 PM   #5
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

My parents both drive heavy vehicles.

Dad: 2002 Chevy Tahoe (5.3L V8 w/auto), curb weight of 5050lbs.
Mom: 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade (3.7L V6, w/auto), curb weight of 4033lbs.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:57 PM   #6
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

We've got a 2005 Pacifica AWD Touring model. It weights in at 4,639 lbs, and feels like it. I personally hate to drive it, but my wife loves it. Works out well for the kids, but I think we're getting a minivan for her next car. They just have more space/storage for the kids crap on trips.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:24 PM   #7
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I used to daily drive my pathfinder. Literally the only thing nice about it was being able to see over traffic. Financially, it was incredibly stupid(though that doesn't bother you much, you love making bad decisions), it was also less safe(stopping distance compared to cars, increased chance of rollover), and even with the extra hp I had, just stupidly slow. It made absolutely no practical sense, because, like you, I didn't haul anything besides maybe on weekends. I also rarely offroaded, so even that excuse was weak as hell. No, I much prewfer to drive my bimmer, its a much more intelligent choice.
I didn't ask you what you thought about my life choices. I made choices based on what was best at the time.

I also love being able to see over traffic. Not to mention the explorer and mountaineer are in the top 5 of cheapest vehicles (yes, thats every vehicle) to insure, which in NY is really important because insurance is already way more then every other state in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
We've got a 2005 Pacifica AWD Touring model. It weights in at 4,639 lbs, and feels like it. I personally hate to drive it, but my wife loves it. Works out well for the kids, but I think we're getting a minivan for her next car. They just have more space/storage for the kids crap on trips.
Holy mother of christ! Thats over 200lbs more then my 98, and over 400lbs more then my 2003.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:30 PM   #8
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
was also less safe(stopping distance compared to cars, increased chance of rollover)
This depends on how you define less safe. I'd say cars are better at allowing an alert driver to avoid accidents, but you're far more likely to survive one in a giant truck.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:17 PM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post
This depends on how you define less safe. I'd say cars are better at allowing an alert driver to avoid accidents, but you're far more likely to survive one in a giant truck.
Maybe if all you care about is your safety. Also trucks and suvs aren't subject to the same regulations cars are when it comes to safety, ever see some of those crash tests? They're brutal.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:56 PM   #10
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

Maybe we should start a thread about how every one of the threads Shadowless starts are so he can whine and moan about one thing or another. "Waah I hate my job". "Waah people are idiots". "Waah people don't know how to buy cars". "Waah I hate this car and this car". "Waah this and waah that and waah whatever".

Jesus. Maybe you don't have any joy in life, but you don't have to bring the rest of us down with you.

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:15 PM   #11
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Your Mounty still sucks.

It doesnt have a big block. Sry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:19 AM   #12
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

The ess you vee I just bought my old lady is a big fat nasty beast, but I like how comfortable it is, and how quiet the ride is. I also like the way the guages glow .

I also like the awd because when I go over to my sister-in-law's trailer we don't get stuck at the top of the driveway . It's no Mountaineer though... it's pretty damn slow, but that's good because my wife would kill herself with a fast car. She wanted a base model Mustang they had up at the lot when we bought her Durango, but I told her she was crazy, with a spoiler like that she would vroom vroom herself into oblivion.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 09:38 AM   #13
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
i think it drives very nice, almost car-like. the only thing i dont like about the pacifica is its gas mileage ~16-22 and the wicked blind spot.

it sure makes driving around 1/2 a soccer team much more pleasurable.

ours normally sits until the weekends

i think we have 22k miles on it
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:32 AM   #14
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Maybe if all you care about is your safety. Also trucks and suvs aren't subject to the same regulations cars are when it comes to safety, ever see some of those crash tests? They're brutal.
Most trucks have been good safety-wise since 2004 really...

edit: but I know what you mean. The crash tests of pre-2004 F150's were horrible to watch. Talk about death traps...

Last edited by curio : Feb 11, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
curio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:35 AM   #15
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

way Over 4000 Pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:36 AM   #16
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Your Mounty still sucks.

It doesnt have a big block. Sry.
Big blocks - pffft that's so 1960's. Seriously though, short of the Superduty's I don't think Ford has made a big block in over a decade.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:41 AM   #17
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Parents bought 09 Journey (4200lbs) and i must say it doesnt drive all that bad. It has the smaller engine, 2.4L 4 banger, so dont expect to be pulling anything but its totally fine for everyday driving... Its rather decent on gas as well. Not a class leading vehicle, but because of its price and the ergonomics its a great value automobile. Will i be able to say the same things about it 5yrs from now, only time will tell.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:32 AM   #18
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Big blocks - pffft that's so 1960's. Seriously though, short of the Superduty's I don't think Ford has made a big block in over a decade.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/crateengine/main.asp

Brand new with warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:45 AM   #19
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Well sure if you buy a crate engine. Should have said, I don't think Ford is making new vehicles with big blocks, short of the SuperDuty's
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:10 PM   #20
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Well sure if you buy a crate engine. Should have said, I don't think Ford is making new vehicles with big blocks, short of the SuperDuty's
Ford builds a 427 for a Rousche Mustang, supposed to make 700hp and no charger on it.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:16 PM   #21
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
Ford builds a 427 for a Rousche Mustang, supposed to make 700hp and no charger on it.
Is it actually a big block? Can fit a 427 in a small block.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:44 PM   #22
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:

Ok, the point here guys is that you shouldn't give a guy crap for having a small block when Ford hasn't offered a big block suv in probably 20 years. And why would anyone put a crate big block in a Mountaineer? (assuming it would even fit)
Old Feb 11, 2010, 01:14 PM   #23
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:

Ok, the point here guys is that you shouldn't give a guy crap for having a small block when Ford hasn't offered a big block suv in probably 20 years. And why would anyone put a crate big block in a Mountaineer? (assuming it would even fit)
Because they go by Shadowless on internet forums, and think Mountaineers/Explorers are the be-all-end-all vehicle?
Old Feb 11, 2010, 01:23 PM   #24
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

RUMSFELD!!!!
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:31 PM   #25
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Most trucks have been good safety-wise since 2004 really...

edit: but I know what you mean. The crash tests of pre-2004 F150's were horrible to watch. Talk about death traps...
imo, the generation prior to 2004 is easily the worst gen for the f150's ever. Only good thing that came out of them is the 4406 transfer case.

Quote:
Early 80's was the last time ford used a big block in any production vehicle.

Quote:
it's not a 427, dude. 427 was the horsepower that the first "427R" put out. The 427R is a supercharged 4.6L.

Quote:
Is it actually a big block? Can fit a 427 in a small block.
no, it's a 4.6L.

Quote:

nothing bigger then a 4.6L will fit in a 3rd gen, and nothing bigger then a 302 will fit into a 2nd gen.

Quote:
Because they go by Shadowless on internet forums, and think Mountaineers/Explorers are the be-all-end-all vehicle?
They have a 5-star safety rating, they are one of the cheapest vehicles to insure, you can drive them into the ground, they are extremely reliable, and the most important thing is, it fits all my needs.

I just don't see how you still can't grasp that a car doesnt fit my needs...

Quote:
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:57 AM   #26
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
it's not a 427, dude. 427 was the horsepower that the first "427R" put out. The 427R is a supercharged 4.6L.
Yeah... the 427R...

Not what I'm talking about...

Quote:
Roush Racing is currently field testing an experimental, large displacement version of the Boss engine code named "777" (7.0 L, 700 hp @ 7,000 rpm) at National Mustang Racers Association (NMRA) events around the United States. The 777 Boss is naturally aspirated and runs on e85 biofuel.
It's roots are the 6.2L... Not the 4.6L...

Heatware

Last edited by gamefoo21 : Feb 12, 2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 02:35 AM   #27
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

you don't need a big heavy car to be environmentally unfriendly. i'm sure my rotor destroys the environment much more than a v8 suv
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 08:55 PM   #28
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Yeah... the 427R...

Not what I'm talking about...

It's roots are the 6.2L... Not the 4.6L...

It's still not a production motor...

Quote:
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:56 AM   #29
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
It's still not a production motor...
All production vechicles are prototypes at some point... The 6.2L Boss is production, since it's around 370 ci, small blocks tend to top out at 360ci/6.0L, and apparently it can go even bigger than 427ci which would make it a big block.

So the the Roush 777 answers the first edition, and the 6.2L Boss answers the first and second edition of Curio's posts.

Quote:
Quote:

Edit: Apparently Ford doesn't class their engines as big or small block.

Heatware

Last edited by gamefoo21 : Feb 13, 2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 01:44 AM   #30
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
All production vechicles are prototypes at some point... The 6.2L Boss is production, since it's around 370 ci, small blocks tend to top out at 360ci/6.0L, and apparently it can go even bigger than 427ci which would make it a big block.

So the the Roush 777 answers the first edition, and the 6.2L Boss answers the first and second edition of Curio's posts.

Edit: Apparently Ford doesn't class their engines as big or small block.
Uh, last I checked, big block and small block isn't about displacement, but the actual size of the block, hence you can have a small block 454, and you can have a big block 454. Maybe Ford doesn't classify them as such, but I know that's the case with GM engines.