Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:37 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

They fixed the problem when using a DVI connection to a 60Hz panel it would display as 59Hz. Now it runs at 60hz.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:07 PM   #152
Rebooter
Radeon R520

Rebooter is still being judged by the masses

Do these (290.36) improve the quality of the AO in Skyrim? I force it with nvidia Inspector and it works, but with lots of shimmering.

Rebooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:38 AM   #153
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

good new with this driver guys, FXAA now works on both dx and OpenGL games. First driver set that does this

no need for fxaa injection anymore

edit: lets hope it becomes an official setting soon.

Last edited by GanjaStar : Nov 29, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:52 AM   #154
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wish they would introduce that framerate cap soon, skyrim needs it if you have a 120hz monitor!
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:53 AM   #155
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
good new with this driver guys, FXAA now works on both dx and OpenGL games. First driver set that does this

Oh hell yes!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 08:55 AM   #156
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post

Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 09:16 AM   #157
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Went back to last drivers as screen was white washed for me.

yoz
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:34 PM   #158
Nvidialist
Radeon R300

Nvidialist is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Thanks!
BETA 295.18 with Official Driver-FXAA-Support
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...27&postcount=1
Nvidialist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:36 PM   #159
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidialist View Post

downloading now

edit: after reading that thread, think i will pass on these
Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:42 AM   #160
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidialist View Post
Thanks Blaire, much appreciated!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 03:07 PM   #161
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

These drivers were much better than the official beta from nVidia on my specific system; suffered from some odd FireFox crashes and some titles would crash in Direct3d with trying to force enable FXAA. The FXAA feature seems very seamless.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 03:21 PM   #162
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
These drivers were much better than the official beta from nVidia on my specific system; suffered from some odd FireFox crashes and some titles would crash in Direct3d with trying to force enable FXAA. The FXAA feature seems very seamless.
So it was from the drivers...
I was close to using Internet Explorer, that's how often Firefox crashed
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 03:46 PM   #163
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I'm very happy about having a seamless FXAA setting, really nice for titles with no AA option or if I desire to use in conjunction -- great for flexibility.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 04:21 PM   #164
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
How's the color? The nV drivers looked washed out. Did you need the inf file of did the drivers install fine?

yoz
Old Dec 2, 2011, 04:45 PM   #165
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I used the inf file. I just added some DV and a bit of negative lod when using FXAA.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:04 PM   #166
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

A little off-topic, but I didn't want to start another thread just for one question. I was wondering, has EVGA stopped releasing the sli profile updates? Have not seen a new one in awhile. Thanks.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:39 AM   #167
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

NVIDIA Delivers the GeForce 290.53 Beta Driver

http://www.techpowerup.com/157184/NV...ta-Driver.html
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:40 AM   #168
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Nice, I hope it fixes the firefox issues.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:11 AM   #169
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

Thanks Pauly!

yoz
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:44 PM   #170
SteveButabi
Did you just grab my ass?

SteveButabi is still being judged by the masses

These are suppose to have a possible fix to some of the TDR problems.

According to ManuelG: "We do not know how many people this will fix. More than likely it will be a small amount. For others that may be experiencing a TDR for more than one reason, it may only resolve one of the issues meaning they may still encounter TDRs, just not as frequently. This will not be included in our release notes because we do not know the extent it will help users."
SteveButabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:12 PM   #171
Mangler
PC

The firefox issues introduced in the previous beta driver seems to be gone for me.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:13 PM   #172
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Anyone know if these support profile fxaa?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:25 PM   #173
Mangler
PC

The control panel is the same as the 290.3x driver, so no fxaa or framerate cap.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:53 PM   #174
Arghuin
Nexus 6

Arghuin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Tyvm, getting these
Arghuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:55 AM   #175
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

you can find a already modified version here:
http://download.orbmu2k.de/files/Cus...FPSLimiter.zip

just replace the file in the inspector folder. hex values still work for values not listed.

thanks to orbmu2k
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:57 AM   #176
Mangler
PC

Ze link is broken for me.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:06 AM   #177
GanjaStar
Jalouise

http://www.mediafire.com/?cdb7g1a27sxjnxx

i made my modified version with more values included. try that and let me know if link works.

Last edited by GanjaStar : Dec 22, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:13 AM   #178
Mangler
PC

Looks like the frame rate cap is not a vsync replacement, since you get tearing with a 60fps cap on a 120hz monitor.

It's still nice to have for titles that cannot deal with an fps above 60, like skyrim.

Oh, and your link worked.

Last edited by Mangler : Dec 22, 2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:03 PM   #179
GanjaStar
Jalouise

tearing is definitely even more noticeable with this then just uncapped framerate.

In l4d 2 i was getting huge tearing when capped at 60 fps. literally half the screen was constantly jittering from tears.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 06:34 PM   #180
SteveButabi
Did you just grab my ass?

SteveButabi is still being judged by the masses

That sucks. I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's any better when it's ready.

I really wish someday we can finally have tear free non-vsync'd gaming. (Besides just using a slow pc ) Tearing is the lesser of two evils when it's put against the mouse lag that vsync usually causes me. Just having a tear free and mouse lag free gaming experience across the board would make me jizz buckets.
SteveButabi is offline   Reply With Quote