Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Mar 30, 2002, 10:13 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
lmetza
Radeon R200

lmetza is still being judged by the masses

Default hmmm, is this right or wrong.

well so far i have been haveing nothing but grief with windows xp and my oem radeon 7500 (powercolor). Everytime i installed any driver above version 6015 by running the setup program and once i restarted the card didnt want to initailize after windows was done loading (the welcome screen didnt even come up), so what i didi this time is installed the card the proper way (well it works on 6018beta, i havent tried anything above it yet with this new meathod) Well anyway what i did was went into device manager and clicked on the radeon 7500 (that what windows recogized it as kuz i had it instakld before) and i pointed it to where the files where and installed em that way (this way they where setup in windows kuz the screen goes black for a few secs while the card gets set up and so on) and then i install the monitor and restart and it actually worked. cuz i was haveng the REBOOT problemwith 6018 aswell but i got it working ... let me know if i did it the right way.