Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jul 14, 2021, 08:34 AM   #1501
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I dunno what it is with Nintendo but i am completely wasting my time with Animal Crossing lol.

Theres really nothing to do in that game (since its somewhat of a "life simulator" with no real objectives...i guess its more of an "objective/achievement simulator"), yet i keep coming back to it lol.

And i have a few titles in my back catalog which i started and ignored lol.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2021, 09:08 AM   #1502
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
I dunno what it is with Nintendo but i am completely wasting my time with Animal Crossing lol.

Theres really nothing to do in that game (since its somewhat of a "life simulator" with no real objectives...i guess its more of an "objective/achievement simulator"), yet i keep coming back to it lol.

And i have a few titles in my back catalog which i started and ignored lol.
my wife loved it, i got bored to tears after 5 minutes. Just not my type of game, i guess.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2021, 09:51 AM   #1503
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
my wife loved it, i got bored to tears after 5 minutes. Just not my type of game, i guess.
I suppose this is like a phone game to me, where i want to get in and out for a little bit without thinking too much, and where leaving mid-game would affect absolutely nothing in-game lol.

I also play CS:Go in Casual playmodes which is kind of the same thing, except i shoot people lol (its my PC gaming FPS fix)

I guess i just dont really have the desire to use my brain much when playing games lately lol.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 20, 2021, 09:31 AM   #1504
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
I suppose this is like a phone game to me, where i want to get in and out for a little bit without thinking too much, and where leaving mid-game would affect absolutely nothing in-game lol.

I also play CS:Go in Casual playmodes which is kind of the same thing, except i shoot people lol (its my PC gaming FPS fix)

I guess i just dont really have the desire to use my brain much when playing games lately lol.

that's perfectly fine. It's like well, me after a day of hard work, i just want to sit down and watch something to chill, my wife on the other hand watches those CSI / Medical Detectives BS all day long. I dunno how she can stomach that amount of murder, slaughter, rape and whatnot.

/rant

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Old Jul 21, 2021, 09:27 AM   #1505
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I did pre-order the oled model out of boredem, but I cancelled it the min the Steam Deck appeared.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 09:46 AM   #1506
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I did pre-order the oled model out of boredem, but I cancelled it the min the Steam Deck appeared.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2021, 09:48 AM   #1507
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post

Old Jul 21, 2021, 09:49 AM   #1508
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
I have Ryujinx and Yuzu for the "switch Pro", this was just a boredem purchase.

Not enough difference from my OG switch.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:10 PM   #1509
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Pokémon Legends: Arceus

I'm actually looking forward to the release later this week.

Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2022, 01:05 PM   #1510
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

well, it looks like it could be actual fun. It's around 60 bucks though which is not so much fun.

Old Jan 25, 2022, 01:12 PM   #1511
SirBaron

Don't like the look of it, looks so empty and bland.

I haven't liked any of them since the 3DS, Lets Go was everything right, except the battles and catching mechanics...

Next one had terrible performance.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 01:48 PM   #1512
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
well, it looks like it could be actual fun. It's around 60 bucks though which is not so much fun.
Aside from a short stint with pokemon emulated on a gameboy emulator, i wasnt really big on pokemon.

The pricetag though...its not surprising, up here Nintendo first party and most of the AAA quality and other big name titles are 79.99 CAD and has been since the system's launch.

I just find it funny when people see pricing like that and do a double take because its expensive.

And here i am thinking how normal it is for the Switch lol.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jan 25, 2022, 01:53 PM   #1513
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

At least nintendo is not on the 80€ train.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2022, 02:04 AM   #1514
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Aside from a short stint with pokemon emulated on a gameboy emulator, i wasnt really big on pokemon.

The pricetag though...its not surprising, up here Nintendo first party and most of the AAA quality and other big name titles are 79.99 CAD and has been since the system's launch.

I just find it funny when people see pricing like that and do a double take because its expensive.

And here i am thinking how normal it is for the Switch lol.
same here, what i meant was that it might be fun, but not exactly a 60 bucks worth fun. And yes, it's the normal price tag for Nintendo, but still... for 30/35 bucks i'd grab it but not for 60.

Old Jan 26, 2022, 09:06 AM   #1515
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
same here, what i meant was that it might be fun, but not exactly a 60 bucks worth fun. And yes, it's the normal price tag for Nintendo, but still... for 30/35 bucks i'd grab it but not for 60.
I read the same things about Metroid Dread. How its just another "metroidvania" title (ironic to call it that because...its an actual metroid game which along with other older titles defined the side scroller action platformer), looked like maybe just a better indie title and it costs too much at its usual Nintendo price and should be half that.

Turns out the game is universally praised as one of the best games on the system and in the franchise. So there must be some kind of justification to give it the "nintendo" price.

I suppose this Pokemon game is supposed to be their next big AAA title though, cuz they have in the past brought first party games out at lower prices...usually its the spinoff type games though and maybe remake/remasters.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jan 26, 2022, 09:27 AM   #1516
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
I suppose this Pokemon game is supposed to be their next big AAA title though, cuz they have in the past brought first party games out at lower prices...usually its the spinoff type games though and maybe remake/remasters.
don't get me wrong, i guess all the Pokemon-Nerds will be all over it sure enough. For the not so hardcore crowd though it will be (just) a fun lil game as a lot of others are too.

And let's be honest for a moment, just because Nintendo claims it is an AAA title doesn't automatically means it will be one. Also, as SirBaron pointed out, it looks kinda bland.

Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:20 AM   #1517
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

A lot of pokemon people are hating the way arceus is looking.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:45 AM   #1518
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
A lot of pokemon people are hating the way arceus is looking.

It looks like pokemon to me, maybe a bit breath of the wild in the cel shading side but...thats about it.........what were they expecting?

Its not like Pokemon has been a showcase of graphical superiority.....
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:00 AM   #1519
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Even Breath of the Wild was no graphical masterpiece on the switch. Not until it was emulated to the pc anyways. It's resolution was only 900p on the switch.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:16 PM   #1520
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Doesn't the budget determine if a game is AAA or not?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:21 PM   #1521
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Pokémon Legends: Arceus

I'm actually looking forward to the release later this week.

Looks like a Pokemon game built on the breath of the wild engine.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:29 PM   #1522
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

watched some streams, the game desperately needs AA and more details. People are already in the so called "endgame".

Old Jan 29, 2022, 03:18 PM   #1523
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
watched some streams, the game desperately needs AA and more details. People are already in the so called "endgame".
Is Nintendo gonna drop some DLC for this game?

Nowadays people seem to burn through games quickly.....
part of it is that the mainline story path iis pitifully short (like 5hrs) and filler is what makes up for extra time in game....

I guess the other part is difficulty and streamers just kind of play the game nonstop.....
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jan 30, 2022, 04:21 AM   #1524
SirBaron

Quote:
This is why I switched (pun intended) from playing games on the OG hardware to emulation.

Matter of time before LOD mods start appearing that make the game somewhat "better" looking.

At least for now you can force the game to run in 4k.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 04:26 AM   #1525
SirBaron

https://gamebanana.com/games/15053

Here we go, they work fast
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:44 AM   #1526
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

streamers also already get pissed whenever someone mentions the "underwhelming" graphic. Some even banned viewers for pointing it out

Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:14 PM   #1527
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

ok i actually watched a youtube clip of this and I can make some graphical complaints.

As mentioned before the game looks like Pokemon on the BotW engine, so it should more or less look like that....which it kind of does.....but something seems lacking.

To me the biggest issue that i could see is that some of the texture work in the game look very very plain. like the wooden buildings for example just look like lines for a building outline filled in with brown wood colour and lines to separate the individual logs......no fake shadow lines or bark ridges or any other details..

just very plain textures.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:54 AM   #1528
Mangler
PC

Stop being a bunch of toxic haters, you are asking too much from a poor indie dev like game freak.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 02:50 PM   #1529
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

So Switch is a massive success. According to vgchartz they've sold 103 million units. Compared against PS4's 116 million... despite switch launching several years later. It's easy to predict that Switch will end up outselling PS4.

So what's next for Nintendo? It's been a long time since we've seen 2 successful Nintendo consoles in a row (if ever). Will we get a Switch 2 or a Switch U?

Nintendo would be very foolish to change the formula again. It would be smart and obvious for them to do a more powerful Switch. There are some possibilities to explore though.

Clearly the Switch Lite is Nintendo's focus, for better or worse. I'd love to see them continue to lower the price for a low-tier model over time. 2DS became so ubiquitous at that sub-$120 price point. I know lots of families that had a 3ds/2ds for every member of the family. Switch Lite could get there too, if it could drop in price a little bit. $150 might do it?

I hate that the switch lite doesn't have HDMI out though. Even if you were stuck running games in lower resolution, it sucks that there's no way to play 4 player Mario Kart except on that tiny screen.

Nintendo could release a more powerful switch pro, which would be an obvious way for them to address a higher-end market while still maintaining their low-end base.

Otherwise they could go the Xbox s/x route, to modernize they're new platform and ensure that new games can target a higher cpu.

I'd also love to see them explore a really high-end option. Possibly ditching the portable form-factor so they can have much more powerful graphics hardware ... Or perhaps using a split-rendering solution where they put a beefier gpu in the dock?

I remember some discussion before the switch launched, that maybe they'd include a more powerful cooling solution the dock, to run the switch at the max-clocks for the SoC. Seems like a missed opportunity that they didn't do that at least.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jan 31, 2022, 03:28 PM   #1530
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
So Switch is a massive success. According to vgchartz they've sold 103 million units. Compared against PS4's 116 million... despite switch launching several years later. It's easy to predict that Switch will end up outselling PS4.

So what's next for Nintendo? It's been a long time since we've seen 2 successful Nintendo consoles in a row (if ever). Will we get a Switch 2 or a Switch U?

Nintendo would be very foolish to change the formula again. It would be smart and obvious for them to do a more powerful Switch. There are some possibilities to explore though.

Clearly the Switch Lite is Nintendo's focus, for better or worse. I'd love to see them continue to lower the price for a low-tier model over time. 2DS became so ubiquitous at that sub-$120 price point. I know lots of families that had a 3ds/2ds for every member of the family. Switch Lite could get there too, if it could drop in price a little bit. $150 might do it?

I hate that the switch lite doesn't have HDMI out though. Even if you were stuck running games in lower resolution, it sucks that there's no way to play 4 player Mario Kart except on that tiny screen.

Nintendo could release a more powerful switch pro, which would be an obvious way for them to address a higher-end market while still maintaining their low-end base.

Otherwise they could go the Xbox s/x route, to modernize they're new platform and ensure that new games can target a higher cpu.

I'd also love to see them explore a really high-end option. Possibly ditching the portable form-factor so they can have much more powerful graphics hardware ... Or perhaps using a split-rendering solution where they put a beefier gpu in the dock?

I remember some discussion before the switch launched, that maybe they'd include a more powerful cooling solution the dock, to run the switch at the max-clocks for the SoC. Seems like a missed opportunity that they didn't do that at least.
Theres been enough rumors of a switch 2 (i think the "pro" ended up actually being the OLED switch) that its the most logical next step. There had been various reasons for its "delay". Main reason seems to be the continued success of the switch line, and the words from the CEO or president stating the switch is only halfway through its lifecycle (mentioned about a year ago).

Maybe they can do what the detachable laptops (like Surface book) do. The switch 2 is like the current one, but more powerful SoC, and then a separate "switch power dock" or something where it has its own standalone CPU and GPU which will get activated when the switch is attached. So instead of the one SoC having 2 "modes" (low power for portable, and high power for docked) switching between portable resolution and docked resolution, you now have the portable SoC can fully drive the portable, and the dock SoC can fully drive the docked mode independently.

This could actually be a bonus for switch owners where the current switch could compatible with this new "power dock" so all we'd need to get is the new dock lol
That would assume that the hardware switching capabilty is already baked in from the beginning.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM