Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:35 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

MW1, I played through entirely and really enjoyed all 4 hours of it. In fact I may have played through it a couple times.

MW2, devolved into complete nonsense. I quit after the mission where you have to defend a kentucky fried chicken from russian paratroopers.

MW3, I played the level where you're diving into a submarine in the hudson bay... absolutely epic! Never bothered to finish the game.

Haven't touched a Call of Duty game since, although sometimes I think about it.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:38 PM   #32
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

My last CoD game was infinite Warfare. Never finished it. One of the later levels where you have to shoot down 3 aces kept getting bugged so the 3rd ace didn't spawn. It was maddening so I gave up. That's when I realized that CoD games just weren't fun anymore. I somehow doubt the MW reboot will be any better.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2019, 02:16 PM   #33
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

My first CoD was I think World at War. It was good, I liked it. I ended up going with the Black Ops series due to them being from the same timeline (played 1 and 2). Want to play 3 (just to continue the story) but its still so goddam expensive for such an old game. 4 i don't care as it doesn't have single player.

I played Ghosts but did not like that one. Never played any after as my PC couldn't run any of the ones after Ghosts at the time.

I did end up playing MW1 at some point and it was good, but i didn't really care to follow the series.

Then my FPS fix kind of waned so i stopped playing them.

Throughout all these CoDs, I felt the only real distinguishing thing between them was the storylines used and the types of weapons associated with them. Otherwise they're all the same...so i don't really care too much to play any of the new ones.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 31, 2019, 04:46 PM   #34
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I only play CoD for the SP. No joke.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2019, 04:48 PM   #35
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
My first CoD was I think World at War. It was good, I liked it. I ended up going with the Black Ops series due to them being from the same timeline (played 1 and 2). Want to play 3 (just to continue the story) but its still so goddam expensive for such an old game. 4 i don't care as it doesn't have single player.

I played Ghosts but did not like that one. Never played any after as my PC couldn't run any of the ones after Ghosts at the time.

I did end up playing MW1 at some point and it was good, but i didn't really care to follow the series.

Then my FPS fix kind of waned so i stopped playing them.

Throughout all these CoDs, I felt the only real distinguishing thing between them was the storylines used and the types of weapons associated with them. Otherwise they're all the same...so i don't really care too much to play any of the new ones.
You can safely skip BO3 in that case.

It acknowledges past events, but since it takes place 50 years after BO 2, everyone from the previous titles are dead.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2019, 08:32 AM   #36
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I only play CoD for the SP. No joke.
Same. I can't compete in MP anymore. My hand-eye coordination has gone to hell over the past few years. It's just not fun to die repeatedly, so I don't bother.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 09:05 AM   #37
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Battlefield is what you need to play then, that is the real casul game nowadays, the peeps playing cod on pc are much better shootbangers than those playing battlefield.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 09:24 AM   #38
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Same. I can't compete in MP anymore. My hand-eye coordination has gone to hell over the past few years. It's just not fun to die repeatedly, so I don't bother.
I also enjoy the SP campaigns. I was one of the 3 people on Earth that liked Infinite Warfare.

yoz
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:47 AM   #39
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
I also enjoy the SP campaigns. I was one of the 3 people on Earth that liked Infinite Warfare.
I liked the IW SP campaign up to the point where it bugged repeatedly so I couldn't finish the mission. Even reloading the mission didn't help. i probably could've found a solution eventually, but I just didn't care enough to spend the time on it. The older I get, the more valuable my time becomes.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:57 AM   #40
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I liked the IW SP campaign up to the point where it bugged repeatedly so I couldn't finish the mission. Even reloading the mission didn't help. i probably could've found a solution eventually, but I just didn't care enough to spend the time on it. The older I get, the more valuable my time becomes.
Sad to hear you could not finish it, one of my faves.

yoz
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:06 AM   #41
Mangler
PC

It's the best COD campaign period.

And you guys are not allowed to argue against me, I own more COD games than y'all, therefore my opinion is always the correct one.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:11 AM   #42
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
IW? Agree.

yoz
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:49 PM   #43
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

IW has a good campaign, definitely one of the best. And that's quite odd because it was written by the main voice actor.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2019, 03:11 AM   #44
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Among the new Modern Warfare multiplayer modes is Ground War, a team battle mode that sports some big player counts. As art director Joel Emslie told GameSpot during Infinity Ward's multiplayer reveal event earlier this week, the game mode can support more than 100 players.

Infinity Ward invited journalists to get hands-on with Modern Warfare's multiplayer, where we got a chance to try the Ground War mode. The scale was a bit smaller, though, topping out at 20 players on each team. The mode took advantage of Modern Warfare's new approach to map design, which emphasizes freestanding buildings, climbing, and power positions over the more common three-lane format.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ca.../1100-6468819/
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:28 AM   #45
acroig
Master Troll

None of the usual site have a good pre-order price on this?

yoz
Old Aug 4, 2019, 03:51 PM   #46
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

And you guys are not allowed to argue against me, I own more COD games than y'all, therefore my opinion is always the correct one.
Looks good at times at 4k

And Mangler I have all of them also. lol.

Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:47 PM   #47
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Gays the 20v20 was barely decent.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:48 PM   #48
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Do you guys have COD 3 as well? That's the only one I don't own
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:49 PM   #49
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

yoz
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:05 PM   #50
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes I had COD3. But don’t know what happened with it.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 09:26 AM   #51
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Yes I had COD3. But don’t know what happened with it.
Use too, don't own a 360 any more
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2019, 09:30 AM   #52
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/call...n-warfare-3-pc

Usually on sale for $5.

yoz
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:23 PM   #53
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
Hmm. Not that one lol. I have MW3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_3

Was it any good?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 08:55 AM   #54
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Hmm. Not that one lol. I have MW3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_3

Was it any good?
"It was released for PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and Xbox."

no say PC, does it? This is the PC Gaming forum, no?

yoz
Old Aug 7, 2019, 07:54 PM   #55
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Use too, don't own a 360 any more
Same. All I remember from back then was host issues, NAT issues, and a generic WW2 shooter more dull than any other entry in the series.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 09:22 PM   #56
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
"It was released for PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and Xbox."

no say PC, does it? This is the PC Gaming forum, no?
Why do you think I don't have it
Old Aug 8, 2019, 09:19 AM   #57
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Why do you think I don't have it

yoz
Old Aug 9, 2019, 03:43 PM   #58
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu is still being judged by the masses

I enjoyed MW single player quite a bit. It was one of my most played single player FPS, but I've hated CoD since then. My big question, will this game be free of any and all slowmo\QTE garbage?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:27 AM   #59
KAC
That postcount though...

Any gay boning the beta like I did your mums last night?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 01:13 PM   #60
KAC
That postcount though...

Game has potential but I have yet to finish a 64 player match successfully.