Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:27 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default Egosoft X4 announcement and presentation.

Egosoft is doing a proper sequel to the X series, X4. It is not continuing from X rebirth at all, I get the impression that X-rebirth is really being forgotten about in this universe.

You will be able to fly all ships, plus the different factions/races can gain or lose territory, so a system can change what faction it is a part of. If there is an faction or alien race you don't like you can potentially wipe them out of their territories.

There will also be no loading screens other than loading up the game.

here is the presentation:
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:39 AM   #2
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

it still looks similar to rebirth though
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:49 AM   #3
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
it still looks similar to rebirth though
are you talking about graphics wise? Well they stated it is a new engine, built on Vulkan, apparently X-Rebirth VR is using the same engine.

Anyways, watching this video I get the impression they are not going to repeat the X-Rebirth disaster, and that we can look forward to a true sequel to the X series.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 27, 2017, 02:50 AM   #4
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Both awesome and dumb. They made a massive effort to improve rebirth, and they succeeded. It is vastly better then at release. Still, x4 would be great!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2017, 08:52 AM   #5
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Hopefully they support multi-threaded work loads better with this release. The biggest issue I ever had with X games was the OOS AI just plain sucked.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2017, 08:56 AM   #6
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Hopefully they support multi-threaded work loads better with this release. The biggest issue I ever had with X games was the OOS AI just plain sucked.
going the vulkan route should improve threading, Im pretty sure the previous x games were single threaded lol.
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2017, 09:17 AM   #7
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
going the vulkan route should improve threading, Im pretty sure the previous x games were single threaded lol.
They were, and it would really choke if you had large fleets.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 04:08 PM   #8
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Holy **** this gets me rocked up. I am dying for something like x3 with better graphics and a modern ui.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 05:30 AM   #9
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

ALien8ed is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
X4 Presentation with Q&A
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177917976
ALien8ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 02:32 PM   #10
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

yes!!! I love you.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 09:34 AM   #11
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

So far I LOVE what I'm seeing with this game. Hopefully it doesn't release full of bugs...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:59 AM   #12
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

so nice, i badly missing such station (outpost) buildup by NPCs in Elite: Dangerous

most of space structures feels same, looks same
nor built accordingly to economy of system/sector

so let's hope for X4 to break this with working system
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL features of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Dwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:29 PM   #13
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
so nice, i badly missing such station (outpost) buildup by NPCs in Elite: Dangerous

most of space structures feels same, looks same
nor built accordingly to economy of system/sector

so let's hope for X4 to break this with working system
After visiting 1 dock you've already seen them all besides if you get lucky and see an asteroid dock, the smaller ones all look the same and act the same, the planet stations are the same too. The whole game is shallow as ****. X4 will blow all these games out of the water. It's the only reason I am even considering upgrading my cpu next year.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 07:44 PM   #14
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

i didn't much like rebirth personally. however egosoft is fantastic with the level of support they give post-release. i typically buy simply for that reason alone regardless.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2017, 03:45 PM   #15
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

If anyone is basing whether or not to get excited about x4 based off rebirth, DON'T/. They know they ****ed up with rebirth. These guys are the kings of space based sandbox games. Even rebirth now that it's been patched a hundred times is actually pretty good. The game was a mess at launch but don't let that deter you from the previous amazing experiences they gave players with x. x2. x3 those games are still being played with active modding communities. I just put almost 200 hours into X3 albion prelude the past couple of weeks. It makes elite look like a childs game.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 09:27 PM   #16
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

Quote:
X4 presentation stream #3 and Q&A session.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209254899
Old Dec 14, 2017, 06:16 AM   #17
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
If anyone is basing whether or not to get excited about x4 based off rebirth, DON'T/. They know they ****ed up with rebirth. These guys are the kings of space based sandbox games. Even rebirth now that it's been patched a hundred times is actually pretty good. The game was a mess at launch but don't let that deter you from the previous amazing experiences they gave players with x. x2. x3 those games are still being played with active modding communities. I just put almost 200 hours into X3 albion prelude the past couple of weeks. It makes elite look like a childs game.
ya the x series modding community is arguably the best in the business(xrm mod and the x-tended mod are amazing. Piloting an atf valhalla never gets old.) Egosofts post launch support is phenomenal too, x3 is still being patched and updated lol.
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:52 AM   #18
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

the youtube version of the stream

looks like X still hold the crown in matter of living/densely populated universe immersion... in ED while the universe is indeed realistic, it always feel lonely, you can expect just a single space station at a time, even on places like earth that has like 5 (?) orbiting stations you would always feel lonely when you visit them because they are 'standing alone'; while on X you can have several stations and factories located nearby and within visible distance, that add immense immersion to the living world.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 08:00 AM   #19
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It's looking good even if their presentation skills aren't the best (hehe), it seems they are improving a lot on the RTS aspect.

I only hope that they truly implement something that allows you to easily control your fleet once it gets big enough.
Sure you can micromanage and control everything remotely, but once you have a crapload of ships you kinda need things like: form a group, mass commands for the group like upgrade/attack/etc, quickly access different groups...maybe even automated settings for traders like "auto trade" which would reduce profits but would free you to manage other things.

I hope cool Boron ships are in!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 08:34 AM   #20
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkz0r View Post
I only hope that they truly implement something that allows you to easily control your fleet once it gets big enough.
Sure you can micromanage and control everything remotely, but once you have a crapload of ships you kinda need things like: form a group, mass commands for the group like upgrade/attack/etc, quickly access different groups...maybe even automated settings for traders like "auto trade" which would reduce profits but would free you to manage other things.

I hope cool Boron ships are in!
All of this! Fleet management similar to Stellaris would be amazing in my opinion.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 08:52 AM   #21
Higgy10

fleet management was x3's achilles heel. Sure mods like ads and codea helped but ads was more of a carrier command mod and codea was so arcane i could never get it working lol. Another priority should be IS vs OOS combat, that was so horribly broken and/or abused
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Old Jun 21, 2018, 05:03 AM   #22
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

Quote:
30 Years of EGOSOFT Celebration Stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/275475347

A little footage of X4 at the end. The more you see the more it looks like Rebirth 2.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:10 AM   #23
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Do the X series games have a story hidden in them somewhere or is X like Elite Dangerous where the game is the grind?

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:58 AM   #24
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

X3 (and Albion prelude) do, but it's pretty thin.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2018, 04:13 AM   #25
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

That sucks. I think I played X2 once, for about 45 mins. I didn't really get much of anywhere in it. Disappointed to hear it's story lite. May end up passing on this one too. :/

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2018, 08:53 AM   #26
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Egosoft games are always really bad with story mode, so if you don't enjoy pure sandbox steer clear.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:06 PM   #27
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The beauty of the X games is building a sprawling trade empire with dozens of ships cruising around the galaxy making you money. You will have anchor space stations like small cities collecting, building, selling, etc.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2018, 06:13 AM   #28
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

Quote:
X4:Foundations - Will be released November 30th 2018.

Last edited by ALien8ed : Oct 1, 2018 at 06:23 AM.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 06:49 AM   #29
Eisberg
Brrrrr

sweet. Play X4 for several months till Rebel Galaxy Outlaw releases.
Quote:
Old Oct 1, 2018, 08:16 AM   #30
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
sweet. Play X4 for several months till Rebel Galaxy Outlaw releases.
Ha, thats what i was thinking!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote