Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 10, 2019, 07:27 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
No, most of the time you're walking (and stumbling clumsily)
I've been watching a few Twitch streams, and this is what stands out most to me. I'm glad I cancelled my pre-order with EB because I wouldn't be able to deal with getting hung up on everything, and it's pretty bad in this game. I've had my fill of not being able to vault over things from the Battlefield series.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 01:23 AM   #62
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This game is trash.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 03:07 PM   #63
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

So the big question is...what the heck is a "death stranding"?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 11, 2019, 03:43 PM   #64
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
So the big question is...what the heck is a "death stranding"?
Not sure because I'm intentionally avoiding details until I get the game, but I think it refers to the "ghosts" that are in the game that attack you sometimes. I think they are human souls left stuck in the world after whatever apocalyptic event happened. This is just my interpretation from what I've seen so far, could be totally wrong.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 03:58 PM   #65
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Not sure because I'm intentionally avoiding details until I get the game, but I think it refers to the "ghosts" that are in the game that attack you sometimes. I think they are human souls left stuck in the world after whatever apocalyptic event happened. This is just my interpretation from what I've seen so far, could be totally wrong.
Ah. That would make sense. Thanks!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 04:36 PM   #66
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I believe that you are correct. Also, I think that the title refers to the beaching of whales and dolphins, a phenomenon also know as cetacean stranding. The word strand as a noun means beach or shore, so it makes sense that the verb refers to the beaching of an animal, the running aground of a ship, or even simply being stuck somewhere that one does not want to be.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 04:46 PM   #67
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
I believe that you are correct. Also, I think that the title refers to the beaching of whales and dolphins, a phenomenon also know as cetacean stranding. The word strand as a noun means beach or shore, so it makes sense that the verb refers to the beaching of an animal, the running aground of a ship, or even simply being stuck somewhere that one does not want to be.
Interesting, I think this sheds light on what "BT" means in the game. Something to do with beached things I guess.

But this is bordering on me finding out more than I want to know before playing. Think I may need to avoid this thread for a while.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 04:51 PM   #68
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Interesting, I think this sheds light on what "BT" means in the game. Something to do with beached things I guess.

But this is bordering on me finding out more than I want to know before playing. Think I may need to avoid this thread for a while.
Yeah, I hear you. Perhaps I should have used spoiler tags. I apologize.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 09:19 PM   #69
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Yeah, I hear you. Perhaps I should have used spoiler tags. I apologize.
No worries, my own fault I need to try and avoid Death Stranding discussions if I don't want to be spoiled.

Going to be hard though. PC version is months away.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 04:20 AM   #70
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I thought it was because the dead were stranded? So the event is a death stranding?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:51 AM   #71
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Watching streams for a week now. The game does have top notch production quality with amazing world-class cutscenes/motion capture/acting etc, (esp coming down to the end) with a unique story, interesting plot points, varied twists and turns, accompanied by the usual Kojima confusion and uncertainty. So you have to decide whether or not drudging through 30-40 monotonous hours of playing clumsy postman is worth for those 4-5 hours of awesomeness.

Many streamers who were critically harsh on the game during the first 20 hours or so, lightened up into the second half of the game. And I can see why, the first 15 hours are the worst and most frustrating part of the game - from about mid point the pace tends to pick up a bit when different modes of transport open up and the plot begins to thicken.

Definitely not a game for everyone, but there are those who would definitely think the payoff is worth the tedious portions of the game.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:01 AM   #72
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Even if this game is something I care about, having to deal with garbage for the first chunk of a game before dealing with the latter portion that is actually good is actually quite a turnoff.

Its exactly that way in Final Fantasy 13 (13 or 15 chapters in total, and the game doesn't actually open up in true final fantasy form until chapter 12) and I hated that game party because of it. Especially if the garbage portion takes as long as it does. by the time I got to the open world part of that game I just got tired of it and didn't want to play it anymore.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 04:32 PM   #73
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Received my Steelbook today. Will be playing Resident Evil 2 on PC before tackling this one.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 05:36 PM   #74
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I am playing it now and find it very intriguing. I am 5 or 6 hours in and don’t find it frustrating or confusing. Probably the opposite as the hand holding on story and mechanics are pretty heavy handed. The environment and tools you are provided are very unique. The story itself is not that different than your typical apocalyptic end of the world type story. It is just the mechanics of the world that are very unique. I have a few theories already on what is going on. But, I will have to play more to find out for sure. I like when a game is setup this way.

Although, there is some pretty obnoxious product placement:

Last edited by SD-[Inc] : Nov 16, 2019 at 03:46 PM.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:41 AM   #75
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Those are some beautifully rendered cans though

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:39 AM   #76
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Now I've read and seen more about it, it looks like Fetch Quest Simulator 2119 or something Favorite side quests in games writ large.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 03:48 PM   #77
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Those are some beautifully rendered cans though
That was the scaled down version of the screenshot. I re-edited the original post to include a larger version of the shared image. The game really does look amazing on my 4K TV.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:18 PM   #78
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You can watch the game cutscene movie for 11 hours on YouTube.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:46 PM   #79
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Is this better than MGS5? I thought that game sucked. Once the gameplay got repetitive there was nothing left, because the story was non-existent.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:10 AM   #80
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Is this better than MGS5? I thought that game sucked. Once the gameplay got repetitive there was nothing left, because the story was non-existent.
Hate to hijack the Death stranding thread but just need to interject.

Saying MGSV sucked is maybe a bit harsh? Best controls, gameplay, and game engine in the entire MGS series for sure, and the story was definitely good but pacing was bit disjointed and sloppy in the climax portion (blame Konami rushing the game out). As for repetitiveness, well a lot of it is grinding for equipment and base upgrades which is not necessary and optional. You can just stick to the story missions.

But it was a clever and inventive way to connect the 1980's origins of the Metal Gear plot line to the modern games, while doing some cool twists and 4th wall breaking stuff with the player. I'm thinking a lot of people just did not get it though, and for them I agree it probably fell flat. So is the way of Kojima though but I applaud him for always keeping things weird in a game industry where games are all too often cookie cutter formulaic derivative trash.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 01:57 AM   #81
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

Below is a great technical review of the game. I know this game may not be for everyone. But, if you like open world exploration like me, this game is a great. The technological advancements running on the PS4 Pro is really impressive given the HW. If you already have a PS4 pro, I really don't suggest waiting a year, (or more or never) for the buggy PC port to play this game.

Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:49 AM   #82
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I'm patiently waiting for the PC release.