Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 4, 2011, 09:33 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Skinner is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
It was a teaser and we should be thankful for even that. Remember that the first information at all was supposed to come out at the beginning of March during the game show.
Well it didn't show me enough to tease me, other then just the fact that a third part is comming, which is offcourse,..is nice.

I hope to see some more about the things they say they would change in the game towards PC-gamers .
Old Feb 4, 2011, 09:39 AM   #182
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Awesome news!!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:40 PM   #183
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Wank, wank, wank, wank, wank, wank!

Now let's just hope they provide us some decent anti-air weaponry unlike BF2 in which the jets were nigh unstoppable!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:55 PM   #184
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Wank, wank, wank, wank, wank, wank!

Now let's just hope they provide us some decent anti-air weaponry unlike BF2 in which the jets were nigh unstoppable!
You just sucked thats all. I could take down a jet with my sidearm.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 01:17 PM   #185
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
You just sucked thats all. I could take down a jet with my sidearm.
Sure you could, before waking up.

A good jet pilot would wtfpwn everything and never die. Unless badly damaged and facing an equally good enemy, so you couldn't repair properly.

AA weapons sucked major ass, even if you knew when to shoot, the ground AA weapon was useless. The ground AA vehicle was remotely good and everything else sucked.

Anyways, really excited about BF3. BF 2 was uber cool!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:11 PM   #186
mavman
True North

mavman is still being judged by the masses

Look, they really messed up the chopper handling in BFBC2, so expect more of the same for BF3 ;-(
mavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:46 PM   #187
meerkat154
Radeon R600

meerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymeerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I hope the Commander role will be reintroduced into the franchise. Sorely missed in BFBC2. EA gave us a small Commander "reach-around" in BFBC2 by allowing us to control drones but it pales in comparrison.

In the BF2 days...with a strong commander it was extremely helpful in winning over a map. Sattelites, air strikes, air supplies and most importantly directing squads.

One of my favorite memories where air dropping vehicles on snipers...until they patched that.
-Kat
meerkat154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:08 PM   #188
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

jets + destructible buildings

Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:18 PM   #189
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

It all sounds too good to be true.

64 players, jets etc.

The maps will be the real acid test. 64 players is great, but only if the maps are big enough, open enough etc. Will we get 64 players, but the 24 player "console" maps...?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 04:07 PM   #190
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
Will we get 64 players, but the 24 player "console" maps...?

This is what worries me too, like in BC2 the maps are designed for 24 ppl and some of them can become a real cluster f_ck with 32 ppl..
Old Feb 4, 2011, 04:08 PM   #191
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
This is what worries me too, like in BC2 the maps are designed for 24 ppl and some of them can become a real cluster f_ck with 32 ppl..
heavy metal anyone?

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 04:41 PM   #192
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Some of the single player maps are actually bigger.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 04:53 PM   #193
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
heavy metal anyone?
I did say some of them, especially in Rush mode.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 05:00 PM   #194
Ninja6.
Banned

Ninja6. is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
The fact that they have jets in this game tells me the maps are going to be rather large.
I suppose, but are the consoles supporting Jets as well? I just am really doubtful we will see true pc design.
Ninja6. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 05:08 PM   #195
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
heavy metal anyone?
Heavy metal is nice and large but just imagine what it would be like if instead of those 5 or 6 snipers there was 10 or 15 per side, it may look and feel large but with more players it would feel as small as the smallest of maps.

tbh I would love to see map sizes like those in BF2 reality mod.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 05:13 PM   #196
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
I think that was the Terminator 4 teaser trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 06:14 PM   #197
TriGGlety
Banned

TriGGlety is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat154 View Post
I hope the Commander role will be reintroduced into the franchise. Sorely missed in BFBC2. EA gave us a small Commander "reach-around" in BFBC2 by allowing us to control drones but it pales in comparrison.

In the BF2 days...with a strong commander it was extremely helpful in winning over a map. Sattelites, air strikes, air supplies and most importantly directing squads.

One of my favorite memories where air dropping vehicles on snipers...until they patched that.
-Kat
"most importantly directing squads" Nah, its was a free for all.

But I did help out with the rest of being a Commander.
And yes, bring on Commander in BF 3.
I loved sitting on my arse playing god.
TriGGlety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 06:49 PM   #198
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Anti Air has sucked in every single bf game. In 1942 a good pilot would just dive bomb the hell out of any armor and Anti-air guns. On the ground you just cant point straight up, which makes it impossible to defend against dive bombers
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 06:52 PM   #199
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

EA can kiss my butt with this multi platform BF franchise nonsense. Ruins the BF franchise. They lost me after BF2.
acidosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 07:26 PM   #200
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
It all sounds too good to be true.

64 players, jets etc.

The maps will be the real acid test. 64 players is great, but only if the maps are big enough, open enough etc. Will we get 64 players, but the 24 player "console" maps...?
I don't think maps have ever had to be consolized, only the number of players. Maybe I'm being naive, but I have confidence that all the maps will be large enough for 64 players (but console will just have half as many people on those maps), or the maps will be like BF2 and larger and larger area will open up as more and more people join.

Jet are back, which require room. to manoeuvre. Prone is back. I think DICE has seen that the PC is where their supporters are, and I think we will be pleasantly surprised (/me hopes he doesn't have to eat his words).
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 08:09 PM   #201
BobbyRPI2712
Radeon Arctic Islands

BobbyRPI2712 is still being judged by the masses

My wish of a new WW2 era Battlefield game continues to not come true. Still seems cool though, hopefully they'll release some footage soon.

Any word on how destructibility? I really hope its a bigger focus in the next game, it really helps set the series apart.

Last edited by BobbyRPI2712 : Feb 4, 2011 at 08:44 PM.
BobbyRPI2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:01 PM   #202
EfrainMan
Radeon R520

EfrainMan is still being judged by the masses

So which is it gonna be EA?

nothankyou.jpg

or

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 01:43 AM   #203
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Anti Air has sucked in every single bf game. In 1942 a good pilot would just dive bomb the hell out of any armor and Anti-air guns. On the ground you just cant point straight up, which makes it impossible to defend against dive bombers
Two fixes for that. One, make the vehicle tougher but no respawn. So no more dive bombing because the vehicales just became far more important. Or two, get better at using the Anti-Air weapons, apart from the rocket, i have no trouble taking out the helicopters in BC2.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Feb 5, 2011, 03:09 AM   #204
Weetabix
Radeon R420

Weetabix is still being judged by the masses

I want the old class system back and working VOIP.
Weetabix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 05:41 AM   #205
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
I want the old class system back and working VOIP.
Working VOIP? Why should they even bother when they cant get it right anyway... Would be great if BF3 had integrated Mumble support. Positional audio FTW.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 09:56 AM   #206
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Two fixes for that. One, make the vehicle tougher but no respawn. So no more dive bombing because the vehicales just became far more important. Or two, get better at using the Anti-Air weapons, apart from the rocket, i have no trouble taking out the helicopters in BC2.
In BFBC2 a good helo pilot will always be far enough above your tank and at the right angle to take you out with impunity due to the limitations on the angle of the turret and machine gun on the tank, and that is what I am talking about. I don't even know how they would fix this at all.

Same thing with the tanks and the AA guns in BF1942, the planes can come in from such an angle that you are defenseless. A good pilot in 1942 will never ever die from anything but another plane (and the occasional rocket launcher), and once they take out the first wave of planes no other planes will ever get in the air. That is a fact.

That is what I am talking about, I am not talking about anything else.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 10:29 AM   #207
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ah, i thought you were talking about AA, i don't consider Tanks AA so it didn't occur to me you meant the tank turrets.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 03:40 PM   #208
Cordl3ssPen
nareteV D3egaR

Cordl3ssPen is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
A good pilot in 1942 will never ever die from anything but another plane (and the occasional rocket launcher),

www.thatvideosite.com/video/epic_battlefield_1942_kill
Cordl3ssPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 06:19 PM   #209
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Just pre-ordered the limited edition, suprising theyre not whoring out "zomg beta access!!!!111" with it like they did with that turd Medal of Honor.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 06:25 PM   #210
sandorski
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sandorski is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRPI2712 View Post
My wish of a new WW2 era Battlefield game continues to not come true. Still seems cool though, hopefully they'll release some footage soon.

Any word on how destructibility? I really hope its a bigger focus in the next game, it really helps set the series apart.
Indeed. Prop Planes are much better suited to BF sized Maps than Jets are. The scenario of equally matched sides is also superior.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote