Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old May 22, 2020, 11:58 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default AMD Readies 3rd Gen Ryzen "Matisse Refresh" Ryzen 7 3850X and 3750X Processors

https://www.techpowerup.com/267523/a...50x-processors

Quote:
MD is planning to immediately update its product stack to counter the Intel 10th gen Core "Comet Lake-S" desktop processor family. Codenamed "Matisse Refresh," the processor will use existing IP, based on the 7 nm "Zen 2" microarchitecture, but could improve in areas such as clock-speeds. As it now stands, the Ryzen 9 3900X appears unfazed by the i9-10900K and i7-10700K at its new $410 price, however, competitiveness of the 3800X and 3700X could buckle under pressure from the i7-10700 series (K, KF, non-K, and F), as well as the Core i5-10600 series. To this effect, we're hearing rumors of a "Ryzen 7 3750X" and "Ryzen 7 3850X" seeing the light of the day soon, with an early-June announcement, and early-July market availability. References to the 3750X date back to October 2019.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 03:33 PM   #2
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Not sure why they would waste their time on this when Zen 3 is coming in September unless Zen 3 is going to be considered top end now and maybe they are going to start Nvidiaing us
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 04:06 PM   #3
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Not sure why they would waste their time on this when Zen 3 is coming in September unless Zen 3 is going to be considered top end now and maybe they are going to start Nvidiaing us
they are Nvidiaing Intel to kill Comet Lake-S

most likely this is just a over clock or re-clock of the same chips just that the 7nm process node has gotten a little better
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 22, 2020, 11:25 PM   #4
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

3900X at 410 is quite a deal.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2020, 04:48 PM   #5
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

why not if they have improved the process node and now have ccx's that have the headroom might as well. And we dont know that zen3 is september it could be announce in september with availability in november

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2020, 11:31 PM   #6
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

With the way things are with AMD avail maybe the first time you snag one at MSRP is Jan/Feb.

I can’t even find an X570 board.
Old May 24, 2020, 12:19 AM   #7
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

I think only Navi2x is Sept. Ryzen 4000 is end of the year FWIR.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.5.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2020, 12:19 PM   #8
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Cool, and I just bought a 3700X lol.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2020, 11:06 PM   #9
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

https://www.techpowerup.com/267615/p...speeds-surface

Possible 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen "Matisse Refresh" XT SKU Clock Speeds Surface

Old May 24, 2020, 11:23 PM   #10
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Dang thats more than I thought it would be if true. I think they may well finally get 5.0 ghz boost out of Ryzen 4k at this point...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.5.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 24, 2020, 11:28 PM   #11
KAC
That postcount though...

3900XT seems like a tight CPU.
Old May 24, 2020, 11:59 PM   #12
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Dang thats more than I thought it would be if true. I think they may well finally get 5.0 ghz boost out of Ryzen 4k at this point...
if the 4900x even stays at 4.8 ghz boost with a 20% IPC Increase
Old May 25, 2020, 05:18 AM   #13
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

4.6-4.7 all-core is all AMD needs with that 20% IPC increase to bury Intel in gaming performance. It will at a minimum be equal. I'm giddy!

12 or 16cores at 4.8Ghz all-core with an OC. My body is ready.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2020, 10:10 AM   #14
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://twitter.com/1usmus/status/12...667174400?s=19

I guess much like the 4000 APU's the XT's will be able to do 4000mhz ram 1:1

if they are giving all of this to a small refresh I can only imagine what zen 3 will be like

Old May 25, 2020, 05:03 PM   #15
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Being able to handle higher memory speeds is definitely a plus. A lot of my memory is rated for 4000 MHz, but I'm stuck running it at 3600 or 3733. That being said, once you tighten the timings down the difference in performance is not all that big.

Still it sounds like a nice refresh. This is actually about as big of an improvement as 2000 series was over 1000 series (better clocks, better memory controller).

All the same, with 4000 series on the horizon, it seems like it would be worth waiting.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2020, 08:47 AM   #16
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ry....466823.0.html

AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT and Ryzen 5 3600XT benchmarks leak: Comet Lake S Core i9-10900K and Core i7-10700K take a single-core beating despite 500 MHz higher clockspeed

Old May 26, 2020, 09:03 AM   #17
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post

AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT and Ryzen 5 3600XT benchmarks leak: Comet Lake S Core i9-10900K and Core i7-10700K take a single-core beating despite 500 MHz higher clockspeed
Kick ass! I'm getting a 3600XT in July.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2020, 12:30 PM   #18
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

can't wait to see zen3
Old May 26, 2020, 12:59 PM   #19
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

can't wait to see zen3
AMD should take the crown later this year. Intel got nothing but heat.

yoz
Old May 26, 2020, 01:55 PM   #20
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
AMD should take the crown later this year. Intel got nothing but heat.
looks like they may have it with the refresh unless Intel refreshes the 10900k also with a free cpu chiller

but in all real life situations other than 1080p/240Hz first person shooters it has been meaningless for a long time at 1440p or 4k ultra settings
Old May 26, 2020, 02:14 PM   #21
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Hear me out..

3975X ...... ?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old May 26, 2020, 02:53 PM   #22
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
looks like they may have it with the refresh unless Intel refreshes the 10900k also with a free cpu chiller
Ya, rly. Intel needs to go back to the drawing board.

yoz
Old May 26, 2020, 03:35 PM   #23
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Kick ass! I'm getting a 3600XT in July.
You should wait for Zen 3 unless this is for a second build.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2020, 06:27 PM   #24
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
You should wait for Zen 3 unless this is for a second build.
It is, have a 2600X in now.

yoz
Old May 26, 2020, 09:54 PM   #25
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

Bear in mind though that Intel tends to do better in games relative to their performance in other benchmarks, probably because they are more latency sensitive.

That being said, a lot of people put too much emphasis on their CPU for gaming. Even a 10% difference in CPU performance doesn't necessarily equate to much once you're running at 1440P and high settings, even on a 2080 Ti. I'd argue that the current Ryzen 3000 chips are already close enough to be functionally identical in most gaming situations. Any further clock speed increase just puts them even closer to parity. Maybe 4000 actually takes the "technical lead".

Last edited by Nagorak : May 26, 2020 at 10:14 PM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 11:06 AM   #26
pax
Rage3D Spammer

These chips sound like a last hurrah for the x370 line. Might be worth the 3900XT on my GB K7 x370 to upgrade from the 1700x unless PCIE4 reveals itself to be essential for Navi2 or Ampere...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 29, 2020, 07:06 AM   #27
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It could be very possible that the XT refresh is using the 7nm+ fabrication, as it appears that AMD is moving zen 3 (4000 series) to 5nm, and it won't be available till late 2020 or early 2021:

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ry...late-2020.html

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2020, 07:46 AM   #28
Nunz
RIP Roxen

There's zero percent chance we see 4000 series in 2020 if they're going to 5nm. With the amount of time it took to make 7nm usable, I'd expect 2021 the earliest.
Old May 29, 2020, 09:08 AM   #29
KAC
That postcount though...

So 4000 is not this year now. Damn guess I am not upgrading then.
Old May 29, 2020, 09:52 AM   #30
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So 4000 is not this year now. Damn guess I am not upgrading then.
What did I miss?

yoz