Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Nov 15, 2002, 01:56 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
risod
Radeon R100

risod is still being judged by the masses

Default ATI has solved my no1 issue...

For me, the worst thing about owning a Rad8500 the latest months has not been any of the usual complaints (no vsync, refresh rate, incompability) and so on. No, my card has performed great since day one. However, downloading the newest drivers has been a real pain in the butt! Waiting for days on hosed servers crawling at 5Kb/s is not acceptable. Well, ATI has really gotten their act together. Yesterday I downloaded the DX9 parts at 1 Mb/s, today I got Cat 2.4 at 700Kb/s. I hope it stays this way, for me thats a big part of good customer support.

As a side note I have to give credit to the community for mirroring and spreading the goods when ATI has failed to deliver in the past.

The conclusion is, my 8500 is growing to be one of my all time favourite hardware items. Performance to prize is outstanding, latest driver releases are near perfection (just a few issues left) and now I can download them just hours after release at good speed. Thanks ATI.

/R
Old Nov 15, 2002, 11:05 PM   #2
travbrad1001
Radeon R700

travbrad1001 is still being judged by the masses

amen
travbrad1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2002, 04:29 PM   #3
otheipion
Shadow in the Sun

otheipion is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: ATI has solved my no1 issue...

Quote:
Originally posted by risod
For me, the worst thing about owning a Rad8500 the latest months has not been any of the usual complaints (no vsync, refresh rate, incompability) and so on. No, my card has performed great since day one. However, downloading the newest drivers has been a real pain in the butt! Waiting for days on hosed servers crawling at 5Kb/s is not acceptable. Well, ATI has really gotten their act together. Yesterday I downloaded the DX9 parts at 1 Mb/s, today I got Cat 2.4 at 700Kb/s. I hope it stays this way, for me thats a big part of good customer support.

As a side note I have to give credit to the community for mirroring and spreading the goods when ATI has failed to deliver in the past.

The conclusion is, my 8500 is growing to be one of my all time favourite hardware items. Performance to prize is outstanding, latest driver releases are near perfection (just a few issues left) and now I can download them just hours after release at good speed. Thanks ATI.

/R
I agree with your sentiments (I thoroughly enjoy my 8500, too), but please tell me why you downloaded "dx9 parts", as you call them. Your card doesn't support them!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 16, 2002, 08:25 PM   #4
kbleft
Radeon Evergreen

kbleft is still being judged by the masses

new tweaks available in the control panel
kbleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2002, 03:00 AM   #5
risod
Radeon R100

Quote:
I agree with your sentiments (I thoroughly enjoy my 8500, too), but please tell me why you downloaded "dx9 parts", as you call them. Your card doesn't support them!
Seeing those Vsync-sliders in the CP made it worth it. I do prefer official stuff so Im running Cat 2.4 now and I miss them already. I know now that Cat 2.5 will be totally awesome.

/R
Old Nov 17, 2002, 11:25 AM   #6
Y-STU-K
Rage3D Veteran

Y-STU-K is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Seeing those Vsync-sliders in the CP made it worth it. I do prefer official stuff so Im running Cat 2.4 now and I miss them already. I know now that Cat 2.5 will be totally awesome.

/R
vsync sliders WTF? we are talking about the 6200 offical drivers yes? cause i don't have them !!!

But yes the drivers are near pefection just need to sort out 3D Studio MAX close bug and the disapearing brush bug in GTKRadiant and WooHoo they'll rule supream
ATi Radeon X1900 XTX
2x 74Gb WD Raptors in Raid0 (Windows XP)
2x 80Gb Seagates in Raid1
Y-STU-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2002, 01:00 PM   #7
risod
Radeon R100

Nope, vsync-sliders can be revealed by regediting the DX9RC0 drivers. I had them installed for a day or so. I had no issues with them but I prefer official drivers so I downloaded 6200.

/R
Old Nov 17, 2002, 01:39 PM   #8
peroni
Radeon R520

peroni is still being judged by the masses

Here's how to enable vsync slider with catalyst 02.4
http://www.driverheaven.net/showthre...&threadid=7043

There are also info on how to enable the extended overlay menu.
I just put togheter several registry tweaks found here and there

Gaming Rig 3DMark2k1 PCMark2k2
The Server 3Dmark2k1 PCMark2k2
Notebook 3Dmark2k1 PCMark2k2
peroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2002, 07:45 PM   #9
KraZy_SkitZy

KraZy_SkitZy is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: ATI has solved my no1 issue...

Quote:

/R
The Original ATI Radeon 64mb DDR VIVO will be my favorite for years to come.
Maxtor 40gig 7200rpm Hard Drive ATA/133 (Primary)
Maxtor 60gig 7200rpm Hard Drive ATA/133 (Secondary)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb DDR (Retail, BBA)
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer
LG 16XDVD 52x32x52 & LG 16x16 Dual Format
Logitech LX700
Logitech Z-680
KraZy_SkitZy is offline   Reply With Quote