Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Aug 4, 2002, 07:28 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
fatrat
Radeon R300

fatrat is still being judged by the masses

Default 9050 AIW Capture Problems....Solved!

Okay, for all of us AIW fans, the solution to the non detected capture devices.

1. Uninstall your current drivers, reboot.
2. Go into Device Manager and remove the following:
a. Any leftover ATi devices in Sound, Vidoe and Game Controllers.
b. Any "Unknown Devices"
3. Install the video capture devices,.DO NOT REBOOT
4. Install the Video drivers, now reboot.

When this is done, the computer will now detect and install the capture devices on reboot

5. Now install the Control Panel, reboot

LMK if this does not work for you.

Mods, could you sticky this?
Old Aug 5, 2002, 10:37 AM   #2
bigpig1969
Radeon R300

bigpig1969 is still being judged by the masses

didnt work for me
bigpig1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2002, 05:47 PM   #3
Dark
Radeon R200

Dark is still being judged by the masses

Follow these instructions to uninstall the drivers (this is a copy/paste from the 8500 tech forum).

Quote:
Alright...here is my way of deleting and installing ATI drivers running Windows XP (Win200 should be the same too).

1. Go into the Control Panel and under the ADD/REMOVE SOFTWARE icon uninstall the ATI Multimedia software and/or the ATI DVD software.

2. Uninstall the ATI drivers also found in the Add/Remove section. Once removed, it will prompt you to reboot....do so.

3. When returning to windows, the NEW HARDWARE FOUND wizard will come up and will tell you that it has found a new VGA card and will prompt you for drivers. Hit CANCEL!

4. Now, go to START - SEARCH - FOR FILES OR FOLDERS and do a search for all files and folders using the filename ati*.*
This search will normally give you 3 to 4 files found in your c:/windows directory and subdirectories (including the Windows/System directory). Select these files and erase them. Now go to your Recycle Bin and Empty your bin.

5. Next...time to go to your Registry. Go to START -- RUN -- regedit

Here go to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -- SYSTEM -- ControlSet001 -- Control -- Video . Here there should be 4 entries. 3 of them are default Windows XP entries and the 4th one is put in by the ATI drivers. Expand each one by one until you see ATI entries. Once found, erase the entire key.

Now repeat the same step above for the ControlSet002 key and the CurrentControlSet Key. Normally, whenever you erase a key in the ControlSet001, XP automatically deletes it in the CurrentControlSet section too. So if the ATI key is not found in the CurrentControlSet section, don't worry about it.
Once all keys are deleted, proceed to the next step.

6. While still in the registry, go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -- SOFTWARE section. Here you should find an ATI Technologies key. Select it and delete it. In that same section, look for an Installed Options key. Expand it and there you should find another ATI Technologies key. Select it and erase it.

7. Still in the registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -- Software and there you should find another ATI technologies key. Select it and erase it. Once all this is done, close the registry. the registry is now clean.

8. Close all windows and reboot.

9. When in windows after the reboot the NEW HARDWARE FOUND WIZARD will pop up again. Cancel that. Now find the new ATI drivers that you have downloaded and extracted and run the SETUP file. Once complete, reboot and you are done. You may want to reinstall your ATI MMC software and DVD software if you use them. DONE!
One thing to note here is once you uninstall the ATi drivers you NEED to unplug your static internet connection. If you do not then WinXP will automatically redownload the 6071 drivers and install them, thus making you go through the process again.

Once you have done all this use the following steps to install the new 2.2's. (side note you can download all the stuff before hand also)

1. Download the 2.2's
2. Download the 6125 capture drivers (do this again as the new ones are 2,929KB where as the old ones are 2,814KB!!)
3. Download the ATi control panel.
4. Download any of the MMC stuff you use.
5. Now install the 6125 WDM drivers
6. DO NOT REBOOT
7. Install the 2.2's
8. REBOOT
9. Install the ATi control panel
10. REBOOT
11. Install any of the MMC stuff that you use.

This is the process i use and have YET to run in to problems. The only time i did was when i had tried the leaked 2.2's that were out and i did not have the newer version of the 6125 capture drivers. I hope this helps people with getting the drivers installed correctly along with getting their AIW/VIVO stuff working.

Dark
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 5, 2002, 10:28 PM   #4
fatrat
Radeon R300

Quote:
Originally posted by bigpig1969
didnt work for me
Are you using Win98/ME?

Also, try uninstalling the MMC first, then follow instructions above.

If that works, I will ammend above post.

Last edited by fatrat : Aug 5, 2002 at 10:55 PM.
fatrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2002, 07:50 PM   #5
bigpig1969
Radeon R300

Default no luck

damn i thought your detailed instructions would work but once again they did not. Same symptoms.

However I did notice one thing, you talk about the WDM size. After following all your steps and cleaning out my browswer cache the file I keep downloading is 2,814 KB.

Ive tried it multiple times and even tried different pages on ATI page.
XP - 8500
XP - 8500 LE
XP - 8500 AIW DV
XP - 8500 AIW

nothing works!!!

How did you get the larger file? Just went to ATI find a driver section? Can you send me a link to exactly where you downloaded from?
Old Aug 6, 2002, 08:04 PM   #6
bigpig1969
Radeon R300

Default STOP THE PRESS.. I GOT IT!!!

I finally figured out how to fix it! Thanks to you RAT. I knew something was weird when the file size I kept downloading was not 2,925 Kb as you suggested.

I knew XP had a folder with temp internet files! The damn wrong size WDM was in there. (it must have been downloaded at an earlier time).

So anyone who has the WDM problem please try this:

Go to
C:\Document and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp

and delete everything in the Temp directory!!

Note replace Administrator with your userID if you do have one!

YESSSS this is good news.

Anyone else with the problem please try it and verify my solution works!
Old Aug 6, 2002, 09:35 PM   #7
Dark
Radeon R200

Glad you got it working, the way to fix the problem you just had is to go to Tools-->Internet Options-->Teporary Internet Files-->Settings-->Every visit to page (make sure this one is selected). This is for IE 6.0 and should work all the way to IE 5.0 just might be in a different spot in Internet Options.

As what you are getting is IE really isnt checking to see if there is a new version of the page until forced to, which in this case causes the problem you were having with the file not being the correct one getting downloaded.

Dark
Old Aug 7, 2002, 11:23 PM   #8
Shrink
Radeon Southern Islands

Shrink is still being judged by the masses

Shouldn't this be in the AIW forum <g>?

System Specs: P4 3.2C @ 3.6 ghz; Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo; BBA X850XT; 2 GB Kingston DDR; SB X-Fi Gamer; 2 WD 250GB HD; Plextor 712a; Sapphire Theatrix ATI Theater 550 PCI card; BenQ FP2091 LCD; and WinXP MCE2005
Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2002, 06:55 AM   #9
Dark
Radeon R200

Not really as it started out as a problem with the 2.2 Cat drivers.
Old Aug 24, 2002, 01:38 PM   #10
fatrat
Radeon R300

Glad to see we are finally getting this problem licked for all the OS's out there! My fix was originally for Win98/ME, but if it works for others, great!

Once again, Rage 3d 1, ATi tech support 0.

Gotta love it when the community is smarter than the company.
Old Oct 7, 2002, 01:56 PM   #11
BrainPiercing
Tseng Labs ET500

BrainPiercing is still being judged by the masses

Can anyone tell me what to do if Windows2000 automatically reinstalls the ATI drivers (without asking me) when I uninstall them?
I've tried desperately to uninstall and delete everything ATI related, but it doesn't let. I've deleted all the ati*.* files in the windows folder, but when I reboot THEY ARE BACK!

What can I do about this? Btw. this is for a PIII500, Win2000PRO (chinese version, which doesn't make it any easier for me), and an All in Wonder Radeon. I can't get the Tuner to work, it always says "Failed to initialise the video.".

*Edit* I made it. All I had to do was DELETE the ATI installation folder to prevent Win2000 from automatically adding the drivers again. Anybody who is still having problems should take note of this, because win2000 won't ask you before reinstalling the drivers. */Edit*
IBM Deskstar 307030 30GB HD, Ultra ATA 100, 7200 RPM + WD something
60GB HD, Ultra ATA100, 7200 RPM + WD Caviar 120GB SATA133 7200RPM + Samsung 200GB Sata150 7200
Powercolor Radeon 9800pro STILL running 4.3 cats, and Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer
Onboard network cards; !!!Win98SE!!! (yes 200GB HDD on Win98 works fine :))
NEW: HP nx9420, T2400, x1600 256M, 1440x900, 1GB, 100GB HDD, XPPro.

Last edited by BrainPiercing : Oct 7, 2002 at 04:37 PM.
BrainPiercing is offline   Reply With Quote