Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:33 AM   #4021
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
So I guess, I need to shift to the assault class. Been boning the Engg class simply because it is boss and that RPG is much needed every day. Does the assault class get the C4 and crap or wha? Will do more of it tomorrow if I have time to play some more.
Support Class gets C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
No unfortunately you dont get C4 with assault afaik, and I hate it, I'm totally defenseless against tanks.. Instead of being aggressive against tanks, teasing them behind cover until I can sneak up and C4 them like in BC2, I now have to run away with my tail between my legs Best you can do is spot it so everyone knows where it is and hope someone blows it up..

But if you play assault, at rank 5 you get the M416, unlock the foregrip and heavy barrel for that sucker and it owns, very easy to control even when unloading the entire clip. I have a 5:1 ratio with it and I havent really been playing any better.
Don't you get that grenade launcher that could replace the medpack? I know it doesn't pack the punch of C4 but it explodes and stuff!

Quote:
What settings are you guys playing this game at?
I have everything maxed out in game w/ 4xMSAA (since I still don't know how to turn on FXAA ). Vsync is disabled for MP (duh!). 1680*1050 resolution with everything in CCC set to App Preference. I think I am easily averaging 55-60 fps and sometimes higher in doors and stuff.

What up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
My 5870 and i7 920 has been doing pretty well. I have lowered a few things down to medium (most things on "high") and have only had a few occasions when things have chugged slightly (like when flying in choppers etc).
5870 1GB and PII 955BE, everything on Ultra, AA at x2 while post AA is at max, 1920x1200, Vsync on since I hate tearing, default CCC settings which allow me to mostly above 30 FPS with most intense scenes at a bit above 20 FPS. I am cool with this and perform very well.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:40 AM   #4022
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So has anyone unlocked everything with the engineer yet?

I would like to know if the last two weapons are better than the scar-h or not, if they're not, I think I will switch to another class after I unlocked the javelin.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:42 AM   #4023
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I honestly, don't think anything will be better than the SCAR-H w/ mods.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:51 AM   #4024
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Is the scar-h engineer only? I picked one up and liked it, and have been waiting to unlock it ever since..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Don't you get that grenade launcher that could replace the medpack? I know it doesn't pack the punch of C4 but it explodes and stuff!
Yeh thats true, but you dont get much ammo for it I guess and no ammo box, it took ages to take out a tank in BC2 with the noobtube lol you had to camp on your ammo box.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:57 AM   #4025
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hmm, looks like you have to unlock some weapons by playing coop.

I did not know that.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:58 AM   #4026
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

the 203 will not hurt a tank

the coop unlocks are a lot of damn points
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:59 AM   #4027
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
the 203 will not hurt a tank

the coop unlocks are a lot of damn points
I didn't get that. Is unlocking in coop easier or much more difficult?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:10 AM   #4028
€L1T€
Radeon Evergreen

€L1T€ is still being judged by the masses

wooot BF3 is going f2p and will be suporting by those purchasing dog tags!

its going to be just like the tf2 store how awesome is this
€L1T€ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:13 AM   #4029
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by €L1T€ View Post
wooot BF3 is going f2p and will be suporting by those purchasing dog tags!

its going to be just like the tf2 store how awesome is this
wat
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:22 AM   #4030
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Finally unlocked smoke. Makes it much easier to advance through the choke points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:30 AM   #4031
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've been missing smoke too. I was always the only one that use it every game. I'd toss down an ammo box (RIP Assault ammo box ) and spam a smoke line across where armor comes in and on top of rush boxes.

Anyone gotten good use out of the EOD yet? Did they at least make it immune from getting run over by a tank?

Frankly.. I still miss America's Army. That was a good game and I wish they would have made a large scale combat.

Last edited by night : Oct 31, 2011 at 10:56 AM.
night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:58 AM   #4032
€L1T€
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
wat
a new patch when "back to karkand" comes out in december is going to add an ingame store selling dog tags and dlc maps.

its going to be awesome now my friends who didnt buy the game will be able to play with me

i dont know why they didnt make the game F2P in the first place if they had planned to suport the game with dog tags and dlc map packs
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:11 AM   #4033
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
a new patch when "back to karkand" comes out in december is going to add an ingame store selling dog tags and dlc maps.

its going to be awesome now my friends who didnt buy the game will be able to play with me

i dont know why they didnt make the game F2P in the first place if they had planned to suport the game with dog tags and dlc map packs
any source for this info mate?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:20 AM   #4034
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

That does not equal F2P. It isn't that kinda game. And dog tags are a stupid gimmic
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:22 AM   #4035
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:

lulz.

Not sure if stupid or trolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:34 AM   #4036
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

How the hell can I put Steam BF2 in my veteran status list?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:36 AM   #4037
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Much, much easier than MP. You get like 10-12K points per coop (which doesnt take that long) and you also get points for failed missions. Keep in mind that in a coop mission you kill in the hundreds, compared to a dozen or two in regular MP.

I am guessing that its designed to unlock every coop item by playing all missions on easy, normal and hard.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:36 AM   #4038
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So I've been playing this religiously for the last couple of days.
It's a really great game, which can turn to crap in a blink of an eye when you have the misfortune of playing with a bad team.
Without some decent players around you it's a horrible experience; people not giving a crap when M-coms are attacked, people running like headless chickens on the map instead of focusing on the conquest hotspots, useless snipers camping from various corners of the map and having like 2 kills the entire match...etc

Still, when you actually find a good team it's awesome, no matter what game mode you play.

That being said, I hate the loading times, and the inability to customize my soldier or access any sort of game option outside of actual gameplay is completely moronic.

I think I'll run to a store tomorrow and buy 2 more gigs of ram, it's like 25 bucks and this game eats up every available bit of memory available from my 4Gb system ram / 1280Mb video ram, which is a problem on ultra details.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:38 AM   #4039
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
That being said, I hate the loading times, and the inability to customize my soldier or access any sort of game option outside of actual gameplay is completely moronic.

It doesn't help that upon death you stare at some idiots info for 10sec, and then have 3 sec before spawn.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:38 AM   #4040
€L1T€
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
That does not equal F2P. It isn't that kinda game. And dog tags are a stupid gimmic
so are tf2 hats and it works for valve
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:39 AM   #4041
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
It's a really great game, which can turn to crap in a blink of an eye when you have the misfortune of playing with a bad team.
Without some decent players around you it's a horrible experience; people not giving a crap when M-coms are attacked, people running like headless chickens on the map instead of focusing on the conquest hotspots, useless snipers camping from various corners of the map and having like 2 kills the entire match...etc

Still, when you actually find a good team it's awesome, no matter what game mode you play.

This is how I feel about the game aswell, but I guess the same was true with BC2 and Vietnam, although this game does feel better.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:39 AM   #4042
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

TF2 is an ancient game at this point.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:41 AM   #4043
Ego
I can't take this

Quote:
It doesn't help that upon death you stare at some idiots info for 10sec, and then have 3 sec before spawn.
I play TDM when I had enough of that
No kill cam, no delay before spawns.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:45 AM   #4044
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
no it's unlocking guns that you can't unlock playing in multiplayer, there are 7 unlocks it took me about 6 hours of coop grinding to unlock all the guns, I was mainly doing it for the Rex, and G3, the G3 is the last unlock and it's not that good at all, it constantly gets beat by fast shooting guns, close up and at range. i thought it would be more like bfbc2 G3 but it's nothing like it. no long range accuracy, low damage + slow rpm = bf3 g3. you can be good with it, you just have to adjust your playstyle, but you most likely won't be getting as many kills as you would with a fast firing weapon.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:46 AM   #4045
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I honestly, don't think anything will be better than the SCAR-H w/ mods.

I've been really liking the G36c with mods. It's a nasty weapon up close with a laser and acog for longer shots.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:48 AM   #4046
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:

This game is really begging for loadout customization to be added to Battlelog. The in-game requirement for things like video options, even keybindings, I guess I can kinda understand. But Battlelog seems to know when I've unlocked stuff, can't it... you know... let me equip it?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:52 AM   #4047
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

did anyone find a way to rebind the spot command from q and have it work? it seems when i rebind it and press the key the communication rose comes up but it does not spot, and pressing the q key still works event tho it's not bund to q anymore.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:53 AM   #4048
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
This game is really begging for loadout customization to be added to Battlelog. The in-game requirement for things like video options, even keybindings, I guess I can kinda understand. But Battlelog seems to know when I've unlocked stuff, can't it... you know... let me equip it?
Yeah, definitely.

Especially since half the time you save a loadout it doesn't stick. My camo choice almost never sticks.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:55 AM   #4049
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

I couldn't care less about camo. Default is perfectly fine.
I'd be the one dumbass that forgets it and ends up walking around a desert in green.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:07 PM   #4050
Ego
I can't take this

Quote:
I couldn't care less about camo. Default is perfectly fine.
I'd be the one dumbass that forgets it and ends up walking around a desert in green.

Looks fine to me