Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:07 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Default Fanboy thread!!!111 Console Vs Console Vs PC!

Got a beef put it here. Do you like the PS3 over the 360? or are you like me and will not ever own another Sony pos Playstation? Do you think all consoles are for kids and a PC is for grown ups? Or do you think PCs are over rated and you can get by just fine one your $400 toy and HDTV! POST IT HERE!

And this is not a spam thread spam posts will be deleted and infractions given. This is a real thread for you to air out your feelings. Please use it to post and talk about any game/system set up you want. Will it get cluttered! Yes I'm sure it will. But I for one am getting tired of seeing someone posting about Game X coming out for say the PS3 and someone has to post well why not just get a 360 its already on it?

So post your beefs here. Keep it clean and no personal attacks. Attack the console of choice all you want. But the first time I see someone post "Your a moron" Then you get a 7 day vacation. No if ands or buts!
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:08 PM   #2
DivotMaker
Radeon Caribbean Islands

DivotMaker is still being judged by the masses

Default Gabe Newell says PS3 "a total disaster"

http://www.mcvuk.com/Valve-boss-blows-a-gasket-over-PS3

Can't say I agree with Gabe. Not sure why he feels so strongly this way as I see the PS3 doing well once Sony gets through their horrific launch and is able to start pricing more competitively and getting some top notch games out....
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:10 PM   #3
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber
Default RE: Fanboy thread!!!111 Console Vs Console Vs PC!

Have Xbox 360, will not buy PS3 (pretty much ever), may buy a Wii later down the line for shits and giggles, also play games on my PC. PC and console gaming are two different beasts and they CAN coexist in the same house. You just have to choose what games you play on your PC and what games you play on your console.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

Last edited by DeathKnight : Jan 15, 2007 at 12:28 PM.
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:17 PM   #4
painkiller
Radeon Northern Islands

painkiller is still being judged by the masses

Yet another bash the Sony thread
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:17 PM   #5
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
“I’d say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a ‘do over’. Just say, ‘This was a horrible disaster and we’re sorry and we’re going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it.’”
Damn, that's harsh.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:21 PM   #6
painkiller
Radeon Northern Islands

painkiller is still being judged by the masses

Sony should give the PS3 development tools for free I bet that would make developers happy
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:25 PM   #7
DivotMaker
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller View Post
Yet another bash the Sony thread
If you had cared to notice, I simply provided a link to what Newell stated about the PS3. I personally did not bash the PS3, in fact, I think I was pretty damn objective about its future.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:28 PM   #8
Unicron
Radeon Evergreen

Unicron is still being judged by the masses

Maybe he's mad because someone stole his source code again ?

Seriously, it's strange he offers no reason for his rant on the PS3.

I'm imagine it's something to do with difficulty in coding for the PS3, Valve is already doing a lot of work in making Source engine multi-core CPU friendly. My guess is the Cell isn't co-operating with their code.

Or maybe he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:33 PM   #9
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

I'll buy a Wii. Its fun. I have a PC for the eyecandy.

Until there is some exclusive that I "have to have". I dont see myself getting a 360 or PS3..

(Maybe a 360 for a cheap media center, however more development in the homebrew is needed yet.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:40 PM   #10
chew
no

chew is still being judged by the masses

I'll buy a 360 either when forza 2 hits or halo 3. For me, the ps3 has no games I like, and i'll eventually buy a wii for when friends come by.
chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:08 PM   #11
Drvonpow
Radeon R420

Drvonpow is still being judged by the masses

Lightbulb

I own a 360 I like it alot.

I own a PS2 which is gettin a lil old but we had some good times.

I have considered a Wii some games look fun & I had a set of twins recently I can see them liking it also.

I dont plan on getting a PS3 at this time lack of games or features not already covered by the 360. Im not opposed but the price is too high in comparison.

I own a PC and have been a long time PC game supporter. However I am underwhelmed by the quality of games of late, the ammount of games & the prices of the hardware to play the games all in comparison to my 360. I may be back to PC game someday but at this point I am a console gamer & looks like I will be that way for about a year or 2 at least.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:09 PM   #12
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Speaking to Game Informer magazine, Gabe Newell suggested that Sony should scrap plans to release PS3 and develop an entirely new system.

“The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It’s really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted,” said Newell. “I’d say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a ‘do over’. Just say, ‘This was a horrible disaster and we’re sorry and we’re going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it.’”

Newell reserved special praise for the Wii, which he said would outsell Microsoft’s Xbox 360 by next Christmas.

“The happy story is the Wii,” he added. “I’m betting that by Christmas of next year, the Wii has a larger installed base than the 360. Other people think I’m crazy. I really like everything that Nintendo is doing."

Newell is a co-founder of Valve, which made its name by developing the multi-award wining Half Life and Counter-Strike series. More recently, it’s become equally known for its Steam digital download service, which has attracted publishers including EA, Activision and Take 2 to sign up.

In December, the firm signed an in-game advertising deal for Counter Strike with IGA, which was billed by the two companies as one of the biggest of its kind.

He is pretty much right in all accounts.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:14 PM   #13
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

PS3=NV30

/discussion
Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:30 PM   #14
Unicron
Radeon Evergreen

Unicron is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeWing View Post
PS3=NV30

/discussion
PS3 is more like NV47 / G70.

From what I hear of Xbox360 heat and fan noise, the Xbox comes closer to the famous NV30 "leafblower" as my PS3 is near silent and lukewarm at best after long use
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:31 PM   #15
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Why does it have to be a V this and a V that , can't we just have them all...
Here neilsouth have a ps3 a wii and an xbox 360 for free YAY!!
Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:38 PM   #16
ComputerBum
Radeon R420

ComputerBum is still being judged by the masses

always will be a PC gamer fan, i own a xbox360 i really enjoy it. PC gaming is a lot of money to have a nice rig and most of my friends can't afford them soo we found a cheaper alternative of playing together via 360, the 360 really brought back the love for console gaming in my heart, ps2 destroyed it. On the other hand I'm scared of sony's blu-ray that can be an advantage over the 360 when it comes to bigger games etc, but who knows, i know i wont be shelling out extra for a blu-ray game disc. w00t go MS 360. Sony PS3 our relationship is over, you couldn't give me the extra goods, oh and your fat! yes I'm shallow
ComputerBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:43 PM   #17
xFilter
Radeon R700

xFilter is still being judged by the masses

I own a 360 and a gaming pc. I purchased my 360 just on a whim thinking it would be cool just to fool around with from time to time not thinking it would take over all of my gaming time. Now it's rare I play games on my pc other than with my clan which is mainly 1 night a week. It simply comes down to where the games are now and right now the 360 is where it's at. Combine great games along with Xbox Live and I'm set. I hear Crysis may be headed to the 360 but honestly I could care less at this point simply because of all the amazing games that already out on the 360 plus the many games coming out in next few months. While others are touting Crysis I'm playing GoW and Lost Planet.
xFilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:46 PM   #18
DivotMaker
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
From what I hear of Xbox360 heat and fan noise, the Xbox comes closer to the famous NV30 "leafblower" as my PS3 is near silent and lukewarm at best after long use
Having owned BOTH systems at the same time, the PS3 is definitely the quieter of the two systems. However, the 360 is hardly in the same ballpark as the NV30 as far as noise is concerned. Nice try though....

I believe the person you responded to was referring to how the PS3 is being received and performing in the marketplace as compared to NV30 and in that respect, I agree to an extent. The PS3 falls short on many claims that Sony made about PS3 from E3 to now. However, I do feel that if Sony can get their costs down and can become more competitive from a pricing standpoint, while getting their online features more robust (they claimed to be blowing XB Live out of the water at launch) as well as get more A-list titles on store shelves, then they will be a force to be reckoned with. Right now, they are running 3rd in the race and short term prospects do not look all that good at this point in time.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 02:20 PM   #19
NEODARK
Radeon Sea Islands

NEODARK is still being judged by the masses

PS3 sales figures 'not good'

Quote:
The PlayStation brand doesn't appear to be helping the PS3. If NPD's numbers are correct, there are over 300K PS3s on retail shelves. That is not good for a console launch of only a million and it's not good for publishers with PS3 software.
Article: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22215

IF sony goes dreamcast it will hurt us all, can we get some damn games for this system please??
Old Jan 15, 2007, 02:24 PM   #20
Xeneize
Radeon R700

Xeneize is still being judged by the masses

Even know the PS3 is not the best product in the world, I never thought this could happen.... goes to show you that cheap propaganda is getting old and consumers are getting smarter.... Sony's BS is hurting the company real bad.
Xeneize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 02:29 PM   #21
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

I think its WAYYYYYY to early to start talking about the PS3 going belly up.
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 02:40 PM   #22
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

How can you compare PS3 to DreamCast?

Dream cast was the ****. Reason why the DreamCast died was because of two things. A) Sony hyped the PS2 to huge proportions and B) DreamCast did not have a DVD player. It was a sad time too, because I remember playing Sonic Adventure 2 and Sega was pretty much saying good bye to everyone in that game. Other than that, DreamCast was small, quite, cool/sleek looking, faster load times than PS2, same if not better graphics, first console to offer online play(and for free), and most of all cheaper than PS2. If only DreamCast had a built in DVD player, things could be very different right now.

With that said, I dont a see a comparison with PS3. Infact everyone was thinking that the 360 was going to be the new dreamcast because of all the hype surrounding PS3 and 360 being brought in the market first just like dreamcast. Microsoft broke the dreamcast curse by thinking ahead and playing the market with better cards.

A more proper comparison would be NV30. 360 was out first just like R300, while PS3 came later with big hype stating that it will be so much more powerful, just like Nvidia and the NV30.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:15 PM   #23
ragewars_sc
Radeon Southern Islands

ragewars_sc is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEODARK View Post
Article: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22215

IF sony goes dreamcast it will hurt us all, can we get some damn games for this system please??

It will hurt us all?? I cant wait to get ps3 for 200 pounds They deserve that.. and btw i cant wait for mgs4 on xbox360!

I whant to complain that FEAR for xbox360 is a lot worst that my 2-3 year old x800xtpe and an OLD [email protected] 2.66 Ghz!!!!

Last edited by ragewars_sc : Jan 17, 2007 at 05:53 AM.
ragewars_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:38 PM   #24
NEODARK
Radeon Sea Islands

NEODARK is still being judged by the masses

You guys are so "silly" sometimes.

@ soudcard.

As in Sony going software only, and it's a big IF

@ ragewars

yeah it hurts us all. As much as I prefer the 360 over PS3 (and why I haven't bought one) In it's current state it's not worth it to me. No games to play that I want.

Not sure how your econ is, but in short if we loose competition in a market, you get diminishing returns as a custmer. Competition is KING!!
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:40 PM   #25
Sh26
Rage3D Veteran

Sh26 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragewars_sc View Post
I whant to complain that FEAR for xbox360 is a lot worst that my 2-3 year old x800xtpe and an OLD [email protected] 2.66 Ghz!!!!

(Poor driver support/Poor service) 8-10months before new driver releases
Sh26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:41 PM   #26
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

I want them to loose big time! just because of all their god damn BS all the time... They should learn a lesson

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:44 PM   #27
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

got the 360, my gaming time has dwindled greatly over the years and I find it easier to pick up a console game play for a while, save game and quit..

PC I still love, but im one that likes to stay on top of things and I am now a few generations behind the new hardware, just cant afford to keep up anymore and its kinda discouraging.. I spend more time tweaking the game to play the best as possible than actually playing the game.. obviously with the console this is not the case..

PC, im burned out on FPS games and was playing alot of WoW.. Love blizzard games but my time factor took instances away from me so WoW has seen its day for right now.. there are few games im looking forward to, but a hardware upgrade is needed to play these future games..

outside of all that I think PC and 360 can co-exist for me.. PS3 is not even on my mind to purchase..
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:50 PM   #28
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post
got the 360, my gaming time has dwindled greatly over the years and I find it easier to pick up a console game play for a while, save game and quit..

PC I still love, but im one that likes to stay on top of things and I am now a few generations behind the new hardware, just cant afford to keep up anymore and its kinda discouraging.. I spend more time tweaking the game to play the best as possible than actually playing the game.. obviously with the console this is not the case..

PC, im burned out on FPS games and was playing alot of WoW.. Love blizzard games but my time factor took instances away from me so WoW has seen its day for right now.. there are few games im looking forward to, but a hardware upgrade is needed to play these future games..

outside of all that I think PC and 360 can co-exist for me.. PS3 is not even on my mind to purchase..
Preach on brotha, preach on.

I really don't have time anymore to wrench on my PC and upgrade things every 6 months... I'd love to, but I'd rather much play on my 360 (though the lack of manual save points is irritating at times).

I think I might build a new PC once DX10, quad-core and vista are all viable and cost-effective for some belated Crysis action. Otherwise, I have no real interest in PC gaming anymore.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:50 PM   #29
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

Sony has to come with price-cuts or a model without the blu-ray drive for $399 max to stand a chance against the xbox360. I think there will be a $100 price reduction in march when it launches in europe. So $399 for the 20gb version and $499 for the 60 gb version.

That's the only thing sony can do right now, because the games aren't ready.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:56 PM   #30
Sound_Card
Banned

ATI Technologies

Quote:
As in Sony going software only, and it's a big IF

I HIGHLY doubt that sony will pull from the market just because of the PS3.

Sega pulled because sega CD, and saturn were failures and dreamcast played out wrong. It took three strikes to make sega pull. Keep in mind that Sony is much much much much bigger than sega was/is/ever will be. It will take more than three strikes to make sony pull. This is all of course my opinion.