Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:26 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Default June 24 can't come soon enough!!! Argh!

I want to put this Epic 4g through the wall. Please June 24th hurry and come!

(HTC Evo 3d btw)
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:21 PM   #2
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What's wrong with it? My boss likes his...
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:27 AM   #3
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
What's wrong with it? My boss likes his...
Oh god slews of problems, terrible battery life. Terrible performance on web browsing, 4g reception is trash, as it normal reception (phone not the area), I've tried several different roms, kernals, etc.. Nothing has fixed it. I could go into more details but I've had a slew of problems.

Oh and the camera blows.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:56 AM   #4
Chuki
Radeon Evergreen

Chuki is still being judged by the masses

I can't wait till the 21st, Premier members get it a few days early
Chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:48 AM   #5
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

HTC

Tho I'm still waiting for my god damn gingerbread update
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:17 PM   #6
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Oh god slews of problems, terrible battery life. Terrible performance on web browsing, 4g reception is trash, as it normal reception (phone not the area), I've tried several different roms, kernals, etc.. Nothing has fixed it. I could go into more details but I've had a slew of problems.

Oh and the camera blows.
Must be your location. I have very good 4g speeds and 3g speeds. My battery life is damn good for an android. The stock rom was crap. I have been a long time syndicate lite user and I couldn't be more pleased with my epic. However, I am looking forward to getting that HTC as well.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:21 PM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The screen on the Galaxy S line looks like crap too. Nice blacks doesn't make up for grainy looking crap.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:03 PM   #8
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Must be your location. I have very good 4g speeds and 3g speeds. My battery life is damn good for an android. The stock rom was crap. I have been a long time syndicate lite user and I couldn't be more pleased with my epic. However, I am looking forward to getting that HTC as well.
Its not the area, as people at work receive better reception on Evos, and others.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:52 PM   #9
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

My wife has the Epic 4G also and she has had a lot of strange issues with hers also. While not offering as many options, apps and features, my WP7 HTC Arrive has been great, super stable and works great as my portable media player. I wish she had gotten either the same phone as me, or the HTC Evo.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 02:02 AM   #10
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just got the epic. Going to return it for this new fancy evo or the evo 4g. My friend got an Evo 4G and it has better reception for 4G and build quality. I like how web pages scroll on it as well, compared to the epic that is.

Epic failure.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:01 AM   #11
sunnyd
Where's my Starcraft 3?

sunnyd is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Please June 24th hurry and come!
(HTC Evo 3d btw)
I feel EXACTLY the same way. I have a POS blackberry curve 8330. WORST WEB BROWSER EVER. I have been eligible for an upgrade forever from sprint but the EVO 3D is the first phone that has all the specs I've been waiting for. I can't wait to have a real phone. I'm hitting the sprint website every day to try and win a free one

Last edited by sunnyd : Jun 15, 2011 at 10:07 AM.
sunnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:22 PM   #12
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
The screen on the Galaxy S line looks like crap too. Nice blacks doesn't make up for grainy looking crap.
I have the Galaxy S Fascinate (Telus) and the screen is amazing, every single person I've shown it too has said the same.
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:37 PM   #13
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I like the screen on the Epic a lot...
Old Jun 15, 2011, 07:48 PM   #14
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
I have the Galaxy S Fascinate (Telus) and the screen is amazing, every single person I've shown it too has said the same.
http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s_ii_...view-602p2.php

This explains everything. Galaxy S's screen just doesn't look good.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:48 PM   #15
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s_ii_...view-602p2.php

This explains everything. Galaxy S's screen just doesn't look good.
OMG what? The only time you notice those imperfections is with a ****ing MAGNIFYING GLASS according to that article. What, do you walk around with your phone duck tapped to your eye ball? I saved the picture onto my phone from that article (the little girl one) and tried as hard as I could to see the imperfections they are describing and it's not noticeable unless I used my co-workers magnifying glass.
To use that as a reason to justify it "not looking good" is purely moronic on every level. It's bright, it's sharp and has great colors and contrast.

/end rant
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:50 PM   #16
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

I don't get it. I held an Epic and my Evo side-by-side and the Epic screen is definitely nicer. It seems to be just the colors really, but stull.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 09:10 PM   #17
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
OMG what? The only time you notice those imperfections is with a ****ing MAGNIFYING GLASS according to that article. What, do you walk around with your phone duck tapped to your eye ball? I saved the picture onto my phone from that article (the little girl one) and tried as hard as I could to see the imperfections they are describing and it's not noticeable unless I used my co-workers magnifying glass.
To use that as a reason to justify it "not looking good" is purely moronic on every level. It's bright, it's sharp and has great colors and contrast.

/end rant
I've got damned good vision, the difference is obvious from normal viewing distance.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 09:18 PM   #18
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I've got damned good vision, the difference is obvious from normal viewing distance.
No it's not. My dad has the iphone 4 which has the best screen of all of those in the article by a long shot, and there is only a slight difference when held side by side looking at the same picture. It's all in your head mate.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 08:46 AM   #19
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

I don't think the EVO 3d is going to be a Battery God you might think it's going to be. Sure it will be better than your EPIC. I think Engadget tested it on light use and got 14 hours. I haven't seen anymore tests out there, but that's a good indication it's not going to be stellar. Probably on par with the EVO 4g.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:17 AM   #20
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
No it's not. My dad has the iphone 4 which has the best screen of all of those in the article by a long shot, and there is only a slight difference when held side by side looking at the same picture. It's all in your head mate.
Bullsh*t, it's especially obvious in any and all text.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:50 AM   #21
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
not by a long shot dude.

i probably have used almost every single different type of screen for mobile device in the last 3 years. As i run a business related to this kind of stuff actually in my area. i can tell ya that those review doesn't really show what the screen actual looks like at all. in no way color shifting can be that intense from your own eye. Which has been showing on those review from a camera photo.

got the samsung galaxy s 2 2 days ago, the screen is impressive. to be honest the iphone 4g screen might be too small for my taste.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Jun 16, 2011 at 10:52 AM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote