Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jun 5, 2011, 01:43 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Mouse 4G Verizon phone with a QWERTY slide out coming soon?

Does Verizon have any upcoming 4G Droid phones featuring a slide out QWERTY keyboard? Maybe a Droid LTE or something?

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 03:25 PM   #2
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

So.... yes?

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Old Jun 6, 2011, 03:30 PM   #3
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Not sure about soon but possibly the Droid 3.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 6, 2011, 07:09 PM   #4
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue View Post
Not sure about soon but possibly the Droid 3.
How about one with a 4.3" screen?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:30 PM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
How about one with a 4.3" screen?
Droid 3 is 4.3" QHD screen.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:38 PM   #6
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

What I've always found amusing about all this talk about touch screen is how everyone gets excited about a slide out keyboard.

Personally, I prefer a keyboard as well, but that doesn't really jive with the whole touch screen movement.

What I'm getting at is this whole "tablets are awesome" crap going on right now...
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:45 PM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
What I've always found amusing about all this talk about touch screen is how everyone gets excited about a slide out keyboard.

Personally, I prefer a keyboard as well, but that doesn't really jive with the whole touch screen movement.

What I'm getting at is this whole "tablets are awesome" crap going on right now...
4.3" phones really, IMO, negate the need for a keyboard, having owned an OG Droid and a Droid X. The X really made me forget I ever liked the physical keys. Tablets are awesome
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:46 PM   #8
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

You have zombies wanting to eat your brains and you need to plant your aggressive plants to stop them. Touch screen wins.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:46 PM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
You have zombies wanting to eat your brains and you need to plant your aggressive plants to stop them. Touch screen wins.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:11 AM   #10
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Composing an email on touch screen phones is a nightmare... it's not like a 10" tablet. You really NEED a slide out screen if you're using the email a lot, which I do.

Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:17 AM   #11
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Found a Droid 3 link... looks sweet, and people are guessing July release for those who bought the Droid 1 and are comming on their upgrade point.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/22943..._3_leaked.html

Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:36 AM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
Composing an email on touch screen phones is a nightmare... it's not like a 10" tablet. You really NEED a slide out screen if you're using the email a lot, which I do.
Not at all, especially with SwiftKey. You'll forget all about physical keys with that keyboard, it's ace. It even uses your gmail and texts to learn how you type.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 02:23 AM   #13
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Not at all, especially with SwiftKey. You'll forget all about physical keys with that keyboard, it's ace. It even uses your gmail and texts to learn how you type.
Never tried it... what phones is it on right now for Verizon that are 4g?

Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:40 AM   #14
ATi VGA Wonder

Droid 3 = 4" and no LTE. That is craptastic.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:44 AM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Never tried it... what phones is it on right now for Verizon that are 4g?
SwiftKey is a market download...
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:09 PM   #16
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Piss poor choice on Moto's part to not make Droid 3 4G.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 08:12 PM   #17
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue View Post
Piss poor choice on Moto's part to not make Droid 3 4G.
Indeed, might as well get a Droid 2 Global... only a marginal screen and CPU improvement is not reason for me to choose it over (say) another Droid based phone or even an iPhone.

Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:08 PM   #18
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Indeed, might as well get a Droid 2 Global... only a marginal screen and CPU improvement is not reason for me to choose it over (say) another Droid based phone or even an iPhone.
There is no way I'd get a Droid 2 Global over a Droid 3. Besides dual core on the Droid 3, you also get a better camera which believe me it needs, the extra row for numbers on the keyboard, additional front-facing camera (I wish I had that), and higher resolution screen. If you can wait until July (assuming that's the date) then go Droid 3.

As for 4G... sadly I could not find any with slider keyboard. If it makes you feel better though, the 4G phones apparently have far worse battery life.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:19 AM   #19
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Assuming the Droid 3 is no more than 5 weeks away I can wait, but if it's not out by then I'm switching to ATT.

Old Jun 9, 2011, 07:36 AM   #20
Gator
Unreal Android

Subscriber

Quote:
Assuming the Droid 3 is no more than 5 weeks away I can wait, but if it's not out by then I'm switching to ATT.
Say wha?!

You know there are more complaints about AT&T than any other carrier, and that most people switch from AT&T to Verizon, right?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 02:59 PM   #21
ATi VGA Wonder

Quote:
You should get a used dumb phone from craigs list and wait for the good handsets before you do a totally bone headed move like that.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:42 PM   #22
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Whats so bad about ATT?

Old Jun 9, 2011, 07:27 PM   #23
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

All the tards are on ATT.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:05 PM   #24
Gator
Unreal Android

Subscriber

Quote:
Whats so bad about ATT?
Less coverage in US, less customer service