Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 25, 2011, 01:35 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default ****.. help me elysian / droid people

I think I bricked my ****ing phone.

I was trying to update Darkslide, and I think I ****ed up the phone. I needed to boot in without DS so I could update the phone, but I hit some ****ing reboot recovery **** and it rebooted, came up with a little Android thing and a triangle with a "!" in it.
Now, It won't ****ing turn on. I'm freaking the **** out

All because I was getting a random reboot around every 15 hours. If I wrecked this phone I'm done...
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 01:47 AM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Alright, I forgot I had left it at 5% battery, so it's turning on now.
I still need some help updating this ****,
I had a huge panic moment, no joke. I have way too much info on this thing to lose it all

Forget it, I'm just going to deal with my random reboot every 15 hours or so and leave it. God damn I'm just happy my phone turned on.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : May 25, 2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old May 25, 2011, 02:40 PM   #3
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

****, man, wish **** help **** but i **** **** you...
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 25, 2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 06:48 PM   #5
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

You might try the ROM Manager app off the Android Market. Assuming your phone has been rooted, this app will make loading a custom recovery and flashing to a new ROM pretty straightforward and painless. I just tossed the MIUI ROM on my EVO last night for grins (though MIUI isn't on ROM Manager that I've seen) but CM7 is on the RM and it's pretty solid.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 11:09 PM   #6
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Droid X? Googling the name of that ROM gave me that.

I don't think you can brick a Droid X with its locked bootloader. Sounds like your battery is dead, you may need to do a factory reinstall with an SBF file.

See:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=746962

Few posts down is the restore instructions. May need to look for the latest SBF files.

Also see for RSDLite:

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/d...d-x-style.html

Complete shot in the dark with this post, but I believe this is the process to restore these things.

Last edited by shoman24v : May 25, 2011 at 11:11 PM.
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 10:58 AM   #7
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Oh, everything is fine now.
I was panicing like hell, I completely forgot I was doing this with low battery, it took 20min and it booted up fine.

Yeah, I was freaking the hell out, lots of cursing. My room was a whirlwind of "Oh ****, god damnit"
Old May 28, 2011, 05:38 PM   #8
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

Have you tried reflashing it to see if the problem persists?
Old May 28, 2011, 06:51 PM   #9
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I've been too nervous to do anything to it.
I'm expert on PCs, but since this is my first smartphone I feel like I'm a complete noob. I'll try reflashing it tonight.

Also, I get this stupid thing where if I'm in a train underground for more than 15-20min, when I come out I never get service back, I have to reboot the phone. That could be completely unrelated, just the 2 things that annoy me so far.
Old May 28, 2011, 08:41 PM   #10
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Don't tell me you didn't leave yourself a way of flashing back to stock...

Usually when one of my CM7 update flashes doesn't take, I revert to stock and reflash. Don't know if darkslide can brick your phone though, I'd look into that.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2011, 11:19 PM   #11
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

With gingerbread being pushed out now to some devices it might be wise to revert back to stock. Hell, install that GB update
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote