Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 6, 2015, 03:22 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
IamHere
Banned

IamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I know the place I work for is implementing self-serve ordering systems. They claim it's to make things easier on the customer and allow them to get in and out. Reality = we aren't going to pay a teenager $15 an hour to ring in orders.
It will get worse, there will soon be no entry level jobs and if you have kids that are not in the top 10% or so, expect them to be at home for a long, long time.
IamHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2015, 03:45 PM   #152
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHere View Post
It will get worse, there will soon be no entry level jobs and if you have kids that are not in the top 10% or so, expect them to be at home for a long, long time.
Capitalism at its finest.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2015, 04:06 PM   #153
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Capitalism at its finest.
Eh. I think calling it a fault of capitalism that companies can't/won't implement a $15/hr minimum wage is a stretch. I mean in Ohio you are talking giving people almost a 200% increase in pay.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 6, 2015, 04:17 PM   #154
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Eh. I think calling it a fault of capitalism that companies can't/won't implement a $15/hr minimum wage is a stretch. I mean in Ohio you are talking giving people almost a 200% increase in pay.
The minimum wage isn't the issue, it's the exploitation of labor up to the point they can automate the jobs. Making the most amount of money with the least amount of manpower is capitalism's beck and call, and will only result in less and less jobs over time. Anything for the almighty dollar.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2015, 05:59 PM   #155
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

Thread cleaned.

Keep politics out of this thread or it will be moved.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2015, 06:40 PM   #156
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

I didn't really think talking about mere voting rules was a politically charged topic, sorry
Old Aug 6, 2015, 07:14 PM   #157
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
I didn't really think talking about mere voting rules was a politically charged topic, sorry
Every things political to swingline. Thought you knew!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 07:35 PM   #158
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
The quote tree started with a post about illegals voting for democrats and the left depending on those votes. The following replies wouldn't really make any sense own their own and have nothing to do with the OP.

Besides, if I moved this to P&R goofs like HyperNovae wouldn't be able to join us there to talk ****.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:55 AM   #159
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
The quote tree started with a post about illegals voting for democrats and the left depending on those votes. The following replies wouldn't really make any sense own their own and have nothing to do with the OP.

Besides, if I moved this to P&R goofs like HyperNovae wouldn't be able to join us there to talk ****.
I think you're misinterpreting what I meant... I understand that you have to delete the string of quotes that are all part of the same P&R conversation. My point instead was I was wondering if talking about mere voting rules was considered P&R or not, I just want to make sure that I wasn't violating the OT/P&R rules here. Sounds like I wasn't, more like it was the other things (like the illegals voting) that was the real P&R info that you don't want spilling over into this forum (which I agree with).

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure that you know I wasn't trying to make this political just because I was talking about voting rules.... but I understand if that is something that should be left in the P&R also.

Also, by page 6 or whatever this is on; I don't really expect things to 100% stay on topic all the time. No thread exists in a vacuum.

Last edited by curio : Aug 7, 2015 at 11:04 AM.
curio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2015, 02:00 PM   #160
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post

Thanks swingline ur a true sweetheart.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 03:46 PM   #161
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Paying everybody the same was a stupid idea. Should have implemented tiered salaries for everybody if he wanted to go that route, that way everyone still has something to reach for.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2015, 09:18 PM   #162
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Paying everybody the same was a stupid idea. Should have implemented tiered salaries for everybody if he wanted to go that route, that way everyone still has something to reach for.
They still do. He only raised the minimum...
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:04 PM   #163
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
They still do. He only raised the minimum...
Tiered level for the entry level, starting at a base 40k for example and earning with whatever universal prerequisites to 70k. Rather than give everyone 70k minimum right off the bat. Of course what do I know, I'm not the one who's company is about to go under
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote