Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 27, 2007, 03:49 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Do you work for minimum wage?

Looks like min. wage is a hot topic these days and more to come:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/07/27/news...ion=2007072715

Anyone here make min. wage? The first increase in a decade just happened. I must admit, that hike must have been a joke because real prices doubled during that time. I hope many of you got past this if you were and strive to get past this if you do.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 03:52 PM   #2
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Anyone here (on Rage3D) making minimum wage is either not wholly dependent on their salary, or they have REALLY screwed up priorities.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 03:53 PM   #3
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Nope. Been there done that
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 27, 2007, 03:59 PM   #4
Ghastlyone
Radeon Southern Islands

Ghastlyone is still being judged by the masses

Thank God NO!

If I did I'd be homeless
Ghastlyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 03:59 PM   #5
Bob Bobbles
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Bob Bobbles is still being judged by the masses

I used to make $5.25 an hour, which was 10 cents over the former minimum wage but below the new minimum wage

btw this was about 10 years ago
Bob Bobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:06 PM   #6
Spitzfiya
Radeon Evergreen

Spitzfiya is still being judged by the masses

Kinda!
Spitzfiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:11 PM   #7
Poacan
Boobs

Poacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPoacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I did minimum wage when I had my first job. No longer the case.
Poacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:13 PM   #8
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I did when I was 16 and working in a bar.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:22 PM   #9
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

even my first job was not minimum wage
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:25 PM   #10
Jas420221
Banned

Jas420221 is still being judged by the masses

Negative, in fact I make a smidge under 10x that.
Jas420221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:38 PM   #11
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I made 2x minimum wage my first job in this province, then I made 4x it, and then I hit it(****ing chinese slave drivers, we will pay you dirt and treat you like it... Oh and you have to know almost everything about computers... ) and now depending on which job I'm working I'm either 2x or 3x. Although I'm qualified to make 5x to 7x of it to start. School keeps me down and so does a boss that is trying to hold me back from my raises.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:46 PM   #12
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas420221 View Post
Negative, in fact I make a smidge under 10x that.
So, you make over $130,000 a year? assuming $65 dollars an hour and a standard 40 hour work week.

wanna buy a car? I've got two that could could buy in a year here
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:48 PM   #13
Ghastlyone
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
So, you make over $130,000 a year? assuming $65 dollars an hour and a standard 40 hour work week.

Most people making 130k a year are in debt up to their asses. If you make the money, you'll spend the money.

(Not saying Jas is in debt)
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:49 PM   #14
Jas420221
Banned

Quote:

Holy shiite, what the hell is minimum wage these days????

I thought it was still $5.25!!!!!!!

No thanks, any chance you had at selling me a car (which I am in the market for) you blew by your e-attitude. Sorry man.

Also consider I live in MD. This salary in Ohio would be about 25% less (well thats what I pulled in Ohio before I moved to this ********).

Last edited by Jas420221 : Jul 27, 2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: math > me :(
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:49 PM   #15
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

No, no I don't.

Quote:

You'd still be making about 100k which is a lot of money...

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:51 PM   #16
Ghastlyone
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:

No thanks, any chance you had at selling me a car (which I am in the market for) you blew by your e-attitude. Sorry man.

Yeah you said a smidge under 10 x's minimum wage

that would be 52.50 an hour.

EDIT: ahhh....you live in MD. Sorry to hear that. My brother just moved from there making 100k a year and it was tough on him.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:52 PM   #17
plastic bob
Crimbo

plastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Don't think I ever made minimum wage, I was paid close to it for a while but I left that ********. I'm getting around 15.50 which isn't bad, but isn't amazingly great considering I could be making 3 or 4 dollars more for about the same work..
plastic bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:53 PM   #18
Jas420221
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_141 View Post
No, no I don't.

You'd still be making about 100k which is a lot of money...
Oh **** me...my math is just embarassingly off then...... With my new job I will pull over 80k this year.

Sorry guys.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:54 PM   #19
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

Also consider I live in MD. This salary in Ohio would be about 33% less (well thats what I pulled in Ohio before I moved to this ********).
you said you made a smidge under 10 times minumum wage, which is 7.25, so I assumed a smidge was 6.50 x 10 = 65.00 x 40hrs x 52 weeks = ~137,000
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:56 PM   #20
Jas420221
Banned

Quote:
you said you made a smidge under 10 times minumum wage, which is 7.25, so I assumed a smidge was 6.50 x 10 = 65.00 x 40hrs x 52 weeks = ~137,000
No no... I got you... my math skillz just **** all over me...

Wasnt trying to flex.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:57 PM   #21
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

In PA it's $6.25. News to me, in 2004 it was $5.15. I got that when I worked part time as a PC tech at my technical school that I attended along side of my high school.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 05:17 PM   #22
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

I started off at minimum wage in high school (a good 13 years ago). I still don't make great money, but I'm about to in September (new job....hopefully....fingers crossed).
Old Jul 27, 2007, 06:21 PM   #23
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

$19.20 an hour about. 20.25 an hour on a weekend shift.
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 06:32 PM   #24
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

First job I had was a whopping $5.50 an hour

Old Jul 27, 2007, 06:37 PM   #25
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My first job was $6.75 no benefits.
My current job is $11.00 no benefits
I got two raises and am currently at $15.00 with no benefits. Still in college too. I work about 30 weeks a year.

and my job counts as experience in my degree field. so when I graduate, I immediately get ~ 2 years expereince with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 06:48 PM   #26
TopoGeigeo
Da Mouse, Huzaa!

TopoGeigeo is still being judged by the masses

I make 11.25 /hr and it just doesn't cut it. I'm going back to school this fall and hopefuly after that I can get a reasonably paying job. However I enjoy working where I work, the people are great. It really makes a diffference.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 06:52 PM   #27
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopoGeigeo View Post
I make 11.25 /hr and it just doesn't cut it. I'm going back to school this fall and hopefuly after that I can get a reasonably paying job. However I enjoy working where I work, the people are great. It really makes a diffference.
Holy frick, long time no see
Old Jul 27, 2007, 06:52 PM   #28
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yes.
switchAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 07:04 PM   #29
DaRipper
Shockingly caucasian

DaRipper is still being judged by the masses

Nope.
I think my first job, as a part-time grocery clerk aka stockboy, at a supermarket paid a little bit above minimum wage at the time, maybe $5.75/hr. This was 12 years ago. Now I make about $37/hr working in a college's administrative computing department..
Old Jul 27, 2007, 07:41 PM   #30
Aneska
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Aneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Nope. I'm amazing.