Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:39 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
porsche

porsche is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy scan disk help plus 2 spereate other questions.

When ever I go to disk defragment my computer a message pops up that says cannot disk defragment this drive because it has errors on it. It then tells me to run scan disk. So then I run scan disk and it gives me this message.

ScanDisk was unable to correct this error because there is already a file or folder named 'Computers Internet Access Providers Regional North America United States Cell Phones Computers Internet Access Providers Regional North America United States Cell Phones (2).url' in the top-level folder of this drive. To repair this error, quit ScanDisk by clicking Cancel, rename the file in the top-level folder, and then restart ScanDisk. To continue checking your disk without repairing this error, click OK.

I could not find this file in my computer I used the find thing on the find menu – find files or folders right below settings which is right below my documents.

I also have a separate problem as to where it takes me a full two minutes to open word or paint shop pro if I don’t go on the internet before trying to open them and sometimes they don’t open at all- like two hours later it is still opening it and I can not open anything else but I can move the arrow-mouse pointer-so I just hit the power button and restart it.

I also have another problem that is whenever I open network neighborhood and double click on the entire network icon I get this message.

Unable to browse the network.
The network is not accessible. For more information, look in the Help Index at the topic “Network Troubleshooter”

I did this and I tried clicking on all the links that had to do with this and all had a blank white screen they displayed a white window with no text.
porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2004, 03:09 AM   #2
mad
:mad:

mad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled with

which os? winxp?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."

Richard Cook
mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2004, 01:04 PM   #3
porsche

porsche is still being judged by the masses

I am running win 98 SE and can not reinstall it because I bought it with win 98 SE already installed.
porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 4, 2004, 01:12 PM   #4
mad
:mad:

mad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled with

you could try creating a boot disk, boot from that and run scandisk from there...

you can find an downloadable bootdisk image here

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."

Richard Cook
mad is offline   Reply With Quote