Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old May 21, 2006, 10:04 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Wii Video

Great little video for the Wii. Must have been from E3
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 10:21 AM   #2
ThorsHamburger
Radeon Sea Islands

ThorsHamburger is still being judged by the masses

That guy playing Metroid Prime is cringe worthy. He must go and whoever allowed that part of the video, where he rolls and hops around in a ball should be fired and exiled to Island de La Nob's.
Old May 21, 2006, 10:24 AM   #3
DarkPretender
Radeon Volcanic Islands

DarkPretender is still being judged by the masses

Cool.

I just hope it doesn't feel as akward as it looks. Im all for new things tho.
System: AMD X2 4400+ Toledo (89w) running at 2.6ghz, x1900xt 512mb, Abit AT8 32x, TDK 8x DVD Burner, Samsung 16x DVD-ROM, 250 GB Western Digital SE, 40 GB Western Digital, Audigy 2 ZS, Speedlink 5.1 headset, Thermaltake Lanfire case.
DarkPretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 21, 2006, 01:26 PM   #4
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Nothing new here, but thanks anyway.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 02:35 PM   #5
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Looks awkward to me.

And those games they chose to show are not appealing at all (with the exception of Metroid and Zelda)

Sigh
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 02:44 PM   #6
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

They're appealing to the japanese market. And in the end, isn't that what really matters?
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 02:59 PM   #7
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The game i want for the Wii are, Metroid, zelda, mario, warioware (great games), smash bro's,
Dragon Quest Swords, Metal Slug Anthology, Trauma Center: Second Opinion. Most are launch games too

Damn i can't wait!

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 03:01 PM   #8
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator
Looks awkward to me.

And those games they chose to show are not appealing at all (with the exception of Metroid and Zelda)

Sigh
I agree 100%
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 03:15 PM   #9
Takezo
Tech Ninja

Takezo is still being judged by the masses

Remember that nintendo was the reason we use the modern controller. If you have looked at gaming controllers before nintendo, It easy to see that nintendo has always been the innovator to gaming, that video games would have died in the 80's. But thanks to nintendo's innovation to controls, games, and a world renowned mascot plumber: you can play all your Hallo 2, Grand Theft Auto, Madden, and so on.

The video is not people actualy playing the game, it just an Ad. Just as games come out to PC, Xbox, or Playstation, you never know how the game plays, unless you actualy played it. The thing is that there is a cave man like ignorance when it comes to things out of the ordinary. People have nownplayed PCs, the internet, and Cell phones in the past. Even the mouse your using right now was once subugated to lots of critisim. But now it's like people can't operate a computer without one.

The DS is a prime example of Nintendo's brilliance. The ds spawned tons of original games that are ment for people just plain sick of playing the same old 13-year old Shoot em up game with tons of blood and gore, and the repetiative sports titles that end up on the used games shelf faster than you can say "Feild Goal". Or your still a core gamer that wants a different lasting experience rather than graphics that outdates faster than yeaterday's news paper.

Wii is the next step towards the directon that DS has opened up. To have that many games even playable way before launch is an increadable feat.

I was never pro nintendo. I had for a long time though nintendo was loosing it's edge. But the DS proved me wrong. Xbox 360 (My brother's, though I do play it once in a while) and PSP solidified my belieif that graphics is not Nex Gen.
Takezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 03:28 PM   #10
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator
Looks awkward to me.

Sigh
Ditto. Looks very gimmicky. Hardly any adult looking games. Just a big 'meh' situation.
Old May 21, 2006, 03:51 PM   #11
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
Ditto. Looks very gimmicky. Hardly any adult looking games. Just a big 'meh' situation.
Games don't need to be "adult" to be good.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Last edited by shrike126 : May 21, 2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old May 21, 2006, 03:58 PM   #12
Kagtooth
Please, call me Kag

Kagtooth is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Baron
You said it Sir_Baron

The Seeker is the Sought.
Kagtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 03:58 PM   #13
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Yeah and we know how "adult" you are . You're always like omg it has 8bit textures, omg its consolised. I'm suprised anyone takes what you say seriouly anymore

Exactly! What is adult? Stealing cars, buying hookers, and shooting people? None of the adults I know do this..

Jim
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 04:07 PM   #14
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takezo
The video is not people actualy playing the game, it just an Ad. Just as games come out to PC, Xbox, or Playstation, you never know how the game plays, unless you actualy played it.
I've seen tv shows where they show people playing videogames. They are always waving the controller around and bashing on the buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 04:34 PM   #15
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I agree, I love WoW and while it's got it's moments, it also isn't exactly "adult" looking either. Unless of course you play it much.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 04:56 PM   #16
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
True to a point, kind of depends on the target audience. Given a choice, I'd bet 25-40 year olds would prefer adult looks instead of the cartoon looks that Wii has shown mostly so far.
Old May 21, 2006, 05:04 PM   #17
Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
True to a point, kind of depends on the target audience. Given a choice, I'd bet 25-40 year olds would prefer adult looks instead of the cartoon looks that Wii has shown mostly so far.

Very true, I'm 41 and you will not catch me playing any big headed golf games or marios anymore. But I also don't play wow.

Old May 21, 2006, 05:27 PM   #18
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

So videogames these days are about image, and not fun? Wow, that's a sad reality. And lame.
Old May 21, 2006, 06:01 PM   #19
Gator
Unreal Android

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCyniC
So videogames these days are about image, and not fun? Wow, that's a sad reality. And lame.
Before some of us get labeled as Halo or GTA fanboys, take a look at my sig and know I'm a Game Cube owner, not Xbox. Furthermore I still enjoy playing Genesis and SNES games on my HTPC. I am not necessarily in support of violent games, and I'm certainly not an advocate of graphics over game play. But the fact is the other games shown in that video (outside of Zelda, Metroid, and Mario) were really lame looking. They had VERY simple graphics that do not adhere to the standards expected in today's games. Even the environments themselves lacked detail: Did any of you notice how blue the sky was in that baseball game? Only the sun is noticable, and it's a perfect shiny circle. I'm sorry but those graphics are what I might expect a couple generations ago... not now on a brand new console.

So once again, I find most of those games shown completely unappealing, and the control to be awkward. I want something fun, decent graphics, and I want to be able to sit my lazy ass on the couch and both my hands firmly holding the controller without my arms waving all over.

Last edited by Gator : May 21, 2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old May 21, 2006, 06:14 PM   #20
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
+1

Mario golf is 100 times better IMO than any other real golf game. It's fun, and very addicting at the same time. Same gose for mario tennies as well. Then again, I may be biased, because I perfer playing sports in real life, rather than sitting on the couch playing a wanna be one. I also enjoy palying NFL blitz more than any other football game, because it's less real like, and more fun and original like.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 06:36 PM   #21
Vengeance

Quote:

Don't go labeling people, Namely me! Yes for me I have to enjoy looking at the game as much as playing it! If I don't enjoy looking at it, It doesn't matter how fun you might think it is, It wouldn't be to me. Face it man, we are not all alike. Yeah 20+ years ago you couldn't get me off of the Super Mario Bros and Sonic the Hedgehogs. I loved em! But dare I say I have outgrown them.
To me they are for kids, and yes give me my GTA, my Oblivion, Splinter Cell so forth and so on. Now I'm not telling you you can't enjoy any game you want. So don't tell me! And damn sure don't try to tell me I'm lame for not liking every game that comes out simply because you and or others think its fun. Case in point, a few years ago when Nintendo showed that short video of an Adult older link for a new Zelda game. And then later released that Zelda wind something or another. I was so disgusted with the kiddie cartooned graphics of it I never gave it a 2nd look and never will. And yes I have heard all about how fun it is and I just don't care. Some may think it is the funnest game ever made and I still do not care. It's not appealing to me.

Old May 21, 2006, 06:39 PM   #22
Gator
Unreal Android

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance
...that Zelda wind something or another. I was so disgusted with the kiddie cartooned graphics of it I never gave it a 2nd look and never will. And yes I have heard all about how fun it is and I just don't care. Some may think it is the funnest game ever made and I still do not care. It's not appealing to me.
Agreed. I tried Wind Waker, and it's way too childish for my taste. I wasn't even that drawn in to the gameplay, but admitedly I'm not much of an RPG person.
Old May 21, 2006, 06:55 PM   #23
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

I just figured that fun gameplay is fun gameplay regardless of how it looks, as long as the gaming mechanisms are involving and challenging. But I guess some people are more sensitive to surface aesthetics (art style, character design, # of polygons) than others, to the point that they cannot look beyond this rather shallow aspect and appreciate the gameplay for what it's worth. Oh well. I kinda understand. Kinda.

BTW, I didn't really dig Wind Waker too much either, but not because of the art style but more because of the long and tiring sailing in the sea.
Old May 21, 2006, 06:58 PM   #24
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
I just figured that fun gameplay is fun gameplay regardless of how it looks, as long as the gaming mechanisms are involving and challenging. But I guess some people are more sensitive to surface aesthetics (art style, character design, # of polygons) than others, to the point that they cannot look beyond this rather shallow aspect and appreciate the gameplay for what it's worth. Oh well. I kinda understand. Kinda.

BTW, I didn't really dig Wind Waker too much either, but not because of the art style but more because of the long and tiring sailing in the sea.
QFT to all points.

Old May 21, 2006, 07:05 PM   #25
Gator
Unreal Android

Subscriber

Quote:
I just figured that fun gameplay is fun gameplay regardless of how it looks, as long as the gaming mechanisms are involving and challenging. But I guess some people are more sensitive to surface aesthetics (art style, character design, # of polygons) than others...
I just think we all have our limits. Like I said, I still occasionally play Genesis and SNES on my HTPC because they have games I'll always love.

Let's put it another way... it doesn't have to have super amazing detailed graphics, but if it's childish or corny looking than it's gonna be a turn off. I think Vengeance probably agrees with this.
Old May 21, 2006, 07:12 PM   #26
Oui
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Oui is still being judged by the masses

In the age of cinematic gaming I don't see anything there like that with the exception of perhaps red steel.

I'm concerned warioware is coming out for the Wii. Remember how it also came out for the nintendo DS's touchscreen gimmick?

My concern is we won't see adult games like battlefield 2, racing sims, D&D based rpgs and stealth titles like ghost recon and splinter cell. Also whats really scary is that EPIC and The guys behind Crysis have NO plans at all to support the wii.

The whole situation leaves me to believe that the Wii console is garbage and the controller would of been much better suited as an addon to the Xbox360.
Old May 21, 2006, 07:15 PM   #27
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

^ Crysis not going to support Wii? That's it, gud luck Nintendo!
Old May 21, 2006, 07:29 PM   #28
Night Fisher
ERGO PROXY

Night Fisher is still being judged by the masses

Hello, my alias is Night Fisher, I am 36 and I love videogames. I am currently
playing RE4 on my gamecube and look forward to some upcoming games on the
PS2, 360, PS3, Wii, Gamecube, DS, PSP, Gameboy, and some homebrew PC
stuff.

Here's looking to a bright future... (fingers crossed)

Nf.
Old May 21, 2006, 07:48 PM   #29
Oui
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Oui is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
^ Crysis not going to support Wii? That's it, gud luck Nintendo!
The best game of E3

The point is PC is getting it and PS3 and Xbox360 are being considered.
Old May 21, 2006, 07:59 PM   #30
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oui
The best looking game of E3
O RLY?
Quote:
The point is PC is getting it and PS3 and Xbox360 are being considered.
Good for them! Really...!