Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Apr 9, 2002, 01:04 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
BoBVila
Banned

BoBVila is still being judged by the masses

Default GO GO Nintendo! (and Sony)

http://www.ultimategamez.com/newspro...18298030,3494,

Nintendo was the second most successful publisher and the second best seller of next-gen consoles. Sony was first, of course :P

I have to agree with the closing comment though! The Big N is back :P
BoBVila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2002, 01:45 PM   #2
Ralph
Radeon Northern Islands

Ralph is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: GO GO Nintendo! (and Sony)

Quote:
Originally posted by BoBVila
http://www.ultimategamez.com/newspro...18298030,3494,

Nintendo was the second most successful publisher and the second best seller of next-gen consoles. Sony was first, of course :P

I have to agree with the closing comment though! The Big N is back :P
Wow! For one whole week GC sold 4,000 more than Xbox! I'm impressed. Seeing as they round to the nearst thousand on a week to week basis I would like to see what the margin of error is for that report.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2002, 01:57 PM   #3
BoBVila
Banned

I think someone's a little upset at what will be a continuing trend...don't cry, OK?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 9, 2002, 02:04 PM   #4
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Continued? It's actually quite the opposite Bobby boy.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2002, 02:31 PM   #5
Darksider
It's what's Inside

Darksider is still being judged by the masses

You guys are funny.

This becomes a new debate EVERY SINGLE TIME someone releases figures like those. Seriously...
BFG Tech GTX 260 OC
Seagate 7200.11 750GB & 2x Seagate 7200.10 320GB
Razer Barracuda AC-1 7.1
Logitech Z-680 5.1
Samsung 226BW 22" LCD
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x64
Darksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2002, 02:56 PM   #6
brc64
Zeekyboogydoog!

brc64 is still being judged by the masses

As long as you have the system you want, what does it matter how many more are sold? At the rate things seem to be going, there will come a day when everybody has every system, and then the only new systems sold will be to replace the ones that died.

I guess it's good to see your favorite companies being successful, but really, there's no need to argue about it. Nintendo sells a lot. Sony sells a lot. Microsoft sells a lot. Yay for the video game market.

- Me
brc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2002, 03:16 PM   #7
Ralph
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
I think someone's a little upset at what will be a continuing trend...don't cry, OK?
I don't think so. I just find it hilarious that you make a big deal out of a one week total in sales portraying it to mean Nintendo is in second all of a sudden. ROFLMAO. I do believe GC sales will increase when Resident Evil comes out but not as much as some are suggesting. I for one bought the GC a long time ago to play Rogue Leader and in preparation for Resident Evil. So, you can count me out as contributing to incresed sales at the time Resident Evil is released. After I trade-in for Resident Evil, I'm selling the system. Yep, my little cube will have a different residence here shortly. Don't worry, I'll make sure it's good home. I suppose it'll be one less sale for Nintendo - sigh.
Old Apr 9, 2002, 03:49 PM   #8
brc64
Zeekyboogydoog!

How much do you think you'll sell it for, Ralph? Just out of curiousity.

- Me
Old Apr 9, 2002, 04:05 PM   #9
BoBVila
Banned

They've been in second from the get go. I don't see any XB title selling 1 million copies in Japan until...until probably never :P

And for every person that bought the GC long ago for RE, there are probably 10 more that had to buy a 2nd XB after they had to return the 1st.
Old Apr 9, 2002, 04:16 PM   #10
Ralph
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally posted by brc64
How much do you think you'll sell it for, Ralph? Just out of curiousity.

- Me
Well let's see. I have Gamecube (paid $212), additional controller ($32), Rogue Leader ($53), Pikmin ($53), Resident Evil ($53), and a memory card ($15). So that's $418 in retail purchases. So, I'll let it go for say.........$20. Ha! Ok, seriously $360.
Old Apr 9, 2002, 04:25 PM   #11
Ralph
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally posted by BoBVila They've been in second from the get go. I don't see any XB title selling 1 million copies in Japan until...until probably never
Not in North America or Europe for that matter! Get your facts straight! And by the way, does it really matter "where" a million copies were sold or the fact that a million copies were sold?! Hey, Halo is launching in Japan I believe at the end of this month! That's what they've been waiting for in Japan! You watch those Xbox sales increase ten fold when that time comes! Also, Kabuki Warriors II is coming out soon, that's another system seller!

Quote:
And for every person that bought the GC long ago for RE, there are probably 10 more that had to buy a 2nd XB after they had to return the 1st.
Such blatant BS comes forth from your thoughts. With a less than 1% failure rate I would imagine that compares fairly well to the Gamecube not to mention the PS2 fiasco when it launched. Also, I've had more lock-ups with my Gamecube than my Xbox for your information. RL and AUF, sad thing is I don't play it nearly as much as my Xbox. Go figure?!

By the way BOB, I thought your console of choice is the GBA? I haven't seen you posting about it lately, you've just been patrolling threads defaming the Xbox and promoting the Gamecube. Why is that?

Last edited by Ralph : Apr 9, 2002 at 04:31 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2002, 04:30 PM   #12
BoBVila
Banned

Yes, a <1% FR according to MS. Well, if MS says so...

And for some reason, stores don't stop selling GCs because they aren't competent products. Yes, all lies.

Yes, it matters where they're sold. SSBM has 950K in US and 1.05M in Japan. That means 2 million. Which is more impressive? Well, I'll wait a few months to see how well Halo does in Japan *snicker*
Old Apr 9, 2002, 04:35 PM   #13
AmanoJaku
Whoooo wanta some wang?

AmanoJaku is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralph
Also, Kabuki Warriors II is coming out soon, that's another system seller!
Say it ain't so! Say it ain't so!
NO COMPASSION

I am Alpha and Omega.
The beginning and the end.
The first and the last.

this sig was automatically shortened to meet the 10-lines max rule
AmanoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2002, 04:50 PM   #14
Ralph
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally posted by BoBVila And for some reason, stores don't stop selling GCs because they aren't competent products. Yes, all lies.
Again, less than 1%. Luckily the US isn't as arrogant and idiotic as the Japanese otherwise widespread BS would've been blown totally out of proportion due to idiots that don't know how to work a CD tray!

Quote:
Yes, it matters where they're sold. SSBM has 950K in US and 1.05M in Japan. That means 2 million. Which is more impressive? Well, I'll wait a few months to see how well Halo does in Japan *snicker*
Well, again this comes down to Japanese arrogance. The Xbox is a very viable competitor whether the Japanese want to admit or not. [Jeff Foxworthy tone] Ya see, us here folk in the US of A don much care bout honor, respeck, and loyality towards our companies. We jus care bout....well....bout ourselves. Yep, if we feel somethin's better, well hell, that's what we get! Who here gives a damn whether we support the Japs or americans? Not a gawd damn one of us! We don actually care about this country, we jus live here. Yep, home of the selfish.

Last edited by Ralph : Apr 9, 2002 at 04:53 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2002, 05:09 PM   #15
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Don't expect Nintendo to be sitting in #2 as a software developer for long. As soon as they start cranking out more of their franchise titles they will again pull into first place. Nintendo is typically #1 in sales by almost double their next competetor (Electronic Arts)
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2002, 05:22 PM   #16
Oracle
Kamehame HAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Oracle is still being judged by the masses

Bob you'd expect the game cube to do well In its home tertory wouldnt you? then why are you calling the Halo 1 million sales In its home teritory??

When Halo has been out in JPN for the same amount of time as ssb:M then we'll add up the total scores and see whos KOTH.

Until then dont jump the gun it just makes ya look like a muppet :P

Hollywood Hulk Oracle
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2002, 06:03 PM   #17
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Oracle
Bob you'd expect the game cube to do well In its home tertory wouldnt you? then why are you calling the Halo 1 million sales In its home teritory??

When Halo has been out in JPN for the same amount of time as ssb:M then we'll add up the total scores and see whos KOTH.

Until then dont jump the gun it just makes ya look like a muppet :P

Hollywood Hulk Oracle
Well I'm no expert or a betting man but I'd be betting heavily on Smash Bros. when it comes to Japan...they love that game in a crazy way
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2002, 06:25 PM   #18
brc64
Zeekyboogydoog!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralph
Well let's see. I have Gamecube (paid $212), additional controller ($32), Rogue Leader ($53), Pikmin ($53), Resident Evil ($53), and a memory card ($15). So that's $418 in retail purchases. So, I'll let it go for say.........$20. Ha! Ok, seriously $360.
That sounds pretty reasonable, though I wouldn't be interested in Pikmin or Resident Evil. Then again, you'd probably prefer to sell/trade in your stuff locally, anyway. Still, it's nice to get an idea. My next major console purchase will be an Xbox anyway, just because it has more titles that interest me than the cube does. Maybe in a couple of years the Gamecube will look more appealing to me than just 2 games.

- Me
Old Apr 9, 2002, 06:29 PM   #19
BoBVila
Banned

So Ralph speaks for the Japanese now? Not only is he talking for them about their taste of games, but he also forgets where most CD and DVD drives come from! Guess where that is? JAPAN!! Oh what a shocker
Old Apr 9, 2002, 08:29 PM   #20
Ralph
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
So Ralph speaks for the Japanese now? Not only is he talking for them about their taste of games, but he also forgets where most CD and DVD drives come from! Guess where that is? JAPAN!! Oh what a shocker
That's funny, mine says taiwan? You do know that Microsoft stated that that was part of the problem. Tell me something, why don't you hear anymore reports about these huge problems? Because the damage has been done? Does Microsoft have Xbox police keeping everyone quiet? You did say for every person that bought a GC 10 people are buying their second Xbox, right? So, tell me, where did all of these reports go?! Cause you sure don't hear about it anymore do you?
Old Apr 9, 2002, 08:35 PM   #21
BoBVila
Banned

Because it would be stupid to keep reporting the same stuff. Did you hear about GCs being taken off shelves? Did you hear about Nintedo's phones clogged with complaints? No? Me neither.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 07:46 AM   #22
Oracle

Bob in the words of a famous wrestler

Know ur role and shut ur mouth!!!!

What do you think the japanese companies were going to do eh? an american console made by Microsoft is being released thats just wrong in there eyes so when these reports came in of course they stopped selling it.

Hollywood Hulk Oracle
Old Apr 10, 2002, 07:47 AM   #23
Oracle

Oh and dont think nintendo is so innocent, er i seem to remember a certain nintendo project that caused alot of hastle and alot of calls to nintendo about it

can you name it bob?

can you?

Hollywood Hulk Oracle

Last edited by Oracle : Apr 10, 2002 at 07:53 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 08:16 AM   #24
Themlasu
Cosmic

Themlasu is still being judged by the masses

Bob you need to calm down a bit and think about what your typing. You are getting to the point of being worse the Perc, which is really annoying. Can't you just accept the fact that people like the xbox, why must you find every damn reason to start a flame against it. I don't hear much of the flames toward the cube, mainly they come in response to your foolish xbox posts.
when we are dreaming, and as often happens, have a dim consciousness of the fact and try to wake, do we not say and do things which in waking life would be insane? May we not then sometimes define insanity as an inability to distinguish which is the waking and which the sleeping life? We often dream without the least suspicion of unreality: 'Sleep hath its own world', and it is often as lifelike as the other.
Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll)
Themlasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2002, 09:47 AM   #25
Darksider
It's what's Inside

Darksider is still being judged by the masses

I seriously hope that some of you (you know who you are ), are at least half as passionate and caring about the important things in life as you are about videogame consoles. Seriously, do you ever go back and read what you wrote?
BFG Tech GTX 260 OC
Seagate 7200.11 750GB & 2x Seagate 7200.10 320GB
Razer Barracuda AC-1 7.1
Logitech Z-680 5.1
Samsung 226BW 22" LCD
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x64
Darksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2002, 10:00 AM   #26
Ralph
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally posted by darksider15
I seriously hope that some of you (you know who you are ), are at least half as passionate and caring about the important things in life as you are about videogame consoles. Seriously, do you ever go back and read what you wrote?
Yes, I am (in certain aspects anyway) and yes, I do.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 10:12 AM   #27
Oracle

Ok maybe my comments are a little OTT but Bob keeps sayign the same stuff, when u ask him to stop he does it again. When all pahts have failed one option - to reply in kind.

Hollywood Hulk Oracle
Old Apr 10, 2002, 01:17 PM   #28
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

You want bob to stop, u gotta start treating the GCN like its your long lost half cousin
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2002, 01:51 PM   #29
Oracle

But i do,

my cousins small anoying and geeky and thats how i treat the gamecube j/k

hhehehehe
Old Apr 11, 2002, 04:27 AM   #30
CowboyBebop
Rage3D Sage

CowboyBebop is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by darksider15
You guys are funny.

This becomes a new debate EVERY SINGLE TIME someone releases figures like those. Seriously...
CowboyBebop is offline   Reply With Quote