Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 4, 2016, 01:43 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default MechWarrior 5; Mercenaries

Single player game, coming 2018 on UE4

nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 02:10 AM   #2
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks good. But 2018 is a while away.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 02:16 AM   #3
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

!!!! Awesome!!!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 4, 2016, 02:32 AM   #4
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I'm excited.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 03:15 AM   #5
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Finally! I was initially happy when MWO came out, but quickly realized that being MP only was a shame. MW was meant to be an SP.

The footage looks good, but the fact the HUD moves with each step is really annoying. It made me feel sort of nauseous watching it. I hope they tone that done (cockpit/view moving is one thing, but the HUD being unstable is bothersome).

Last edited by Nagorak : Dec 4, 2016 at 03:23 AM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 07:23 AM   #6
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Thank you, MWO whales, I guess you guys made this a reality.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 08:49 AM   #7
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Thank you, MWO whales, I guess you guys made this a reality.
What is a MWO whale?

Shadow Hawk vs. Raven
Video seems ok. Rather zoomed in fov.

Calling it already, there will be heavy consolitus in this games design and play so don't expect MW2 greatness.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:23 AM   #8
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post

Calling it already, there will be heavy consolitus in this games design and play so don't expect MW2 greatness.
Yup. I missed the flexible weapon/armor loadouts.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:37 AM   #9
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Hope it is good, no faith in the developer though.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 01:28 PM   #10
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Looks like the same game that was released in the 90's with better graphics.

I don't feel especially optimistic.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 01:31 PM   #11
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Didn't seem to have location damage (i.e. being able to blow off a leg). Would love to have a real, modern MW game but I'm a little doubtful so far...
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 02:17 PM   #12
Nagorak

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bires View Post
Yup. I missed the flexible weapon/armor loadouts.
That was really abused in a lot of the games it was allowed in (especially MW2). Based on the lore you really should not be able to switch out every single weapon in every slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Looks like the same game that was released in the 90's with better graphics.
That's a bad thing?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 02:52 PM   #13
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

not really impressed by the vid, also 2018 is far away

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 06:23 PM   #14
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If it's a modern day Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries then that's good enough for me.

It's not like there's alternatives out there, so it's better than no mech game at all. That also is good enough for me.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 06:31 PM   #15
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Unfortunately it looks like you start as a rookie and take on jobs from other factions. So it doesn't seem like you create your own clan and buy mechs / manage a roster. Hopefully it does well and they can take the next step.

I don't think they'd have a huge budget, so they most likely want to keep it simple.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:08 PM   #16
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
That's a bad thing?
I want the game they made the preview for a decade ago that had mechs fighting in a massive cityscape of destructible buildings and totally cool s$%t.

Edit: not quite a decade ago.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:59 PM   #17
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks decent. I loved MW4.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2016, 02:23 AM   #18
Nagorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
I want the game they made the preview for a decade ago that had mechs fighting in a massive cityscape of destructible buildings and totally cool s$%t.

Edit: not quite a decade ago.
I can agree with that. I guess that whole movie was just bullshots? It seems like something of that level would be possible today, maybe not in 09?

By the way, that Mech pilot was pretty bad. I saw the Atlas there through the smoke as soon as it walked onto the scene.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 09:43 AM   #19
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

I loved MechWarrior since I hopped on this franchise. I played MechWarrior 3 (which was AWESOME imo) and MechCommander 1 and 2 (the former was a lot better imo).

Glad MW is alive and is SP focused!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:56 PM   #20
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Hope it is good, no faith in the developer though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
not really impressed by the vid, also 2018 is far away
So excited when I saw the title but the voice acting is so terrible... maybe just placeholders? Graphics seem to have some flair and action wasn't too bad. Maybe?

Hey, I'm so old when I see people use the acronym MW2 I assume they mean Mechwarrior 2 from 1995... by far one of my favorite games of all time. It's been too long and MWO hasn't really done it for me. Maybe they can pull this thing together.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2016, 03:50 AM   #21
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

a lot of "maybe", "i hope", "would be cool if". Right now i don't see anything to get excited at all.

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2016, 01:32 PM   #22
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

real mechs and not guys in suits
Old Dec 6, 2016, 02:45 PM   #23
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Played lots of 2-4, and while I sort of wish there was a multiplayer skirmish (MW3 multi on lan ), I spent most of my time in each on the single player campaign.

Very cool.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2016, 07:22 PM   #24
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
So excited when I saw the title but the voice acting is so terrible... maybe just placeholders? Graphics seem to have some flair and action wasn't too bad. Maybe?

Hey, I'm so old when I see people use the acronym MW2 I assume they mean Mechwarrior 2 from 1995... by far one of my favorite games of all time. It's been too long and MWO hasn't really done it for me. Maybe they can pull this thing together.
It's only a pre-alpha, so it's just about the concepts. But it looks good... walking around your base, combined arms, dropship insertions, etc.

They already have a perfectly good mech sim, albeit a shallow and repetitive multiplayer grindfest.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2016, 02:53 PM   #25
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
It's only a pre-alpha, so it's just about the concepts. But it looks good... walking around your base, combined arms, dropship insertions, etc.

They already have a perfectly good mech sim, albeit a shallow and repetitive multiplayer grindfest.
Oh! I didn't recognize the developer's name but yeah, I guess Mechwarrior Online is them eh? That's good... I liked the feel of the mechs, but just didn't care for the online-only concept. Things are looking up!
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2017, 06:27 PM   #26
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

10min gameplay video from trollygon

Old Nov 29, 2017, 06:54 PM   #27
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Man that looks like hot garbage. Doesn't help though that the player had an attention span of a gnat...
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2017, 07:24 PM   #28
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

<video>
Holy arcade shooter, batman!

It has potential but they have to tone down the ADD-ness.
Not really getting a good feeling of Mech worthy size or proportions either.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 07:30 PM   #29
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I loved the old games. I played through MW2 and all the expansions with nothing but keyboard controls. Honestly I feel like Mechwarrior lost something when they adopted mouse controls... it feels a little too much like an fps. There was something special about the clunkiness of having to aim with buttons. I suppose playing with a flight stick could work too.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2017, 08:55 PM   #30
Nagorak

At least the hud is more stable now, but it still is not static on the screen. Why? If it's placed in your vision or on your helmet then it should stay right where it is even when you turn your head.

I don't really get the sense of this being an arcade shooter. It looks like enough of a sim to me. Maybe the difficulty was just on low. The fact the guy is running around like a chicken with his head cut off is the fault of the player. To be honest the MW2 series has been sort of put on a pedestal over time. Much as I loved that series and it will always have a special place in my heart, the game play wasn't really that amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I loved the old games. I played through MW2 and all the expansions with nothing but keyboard controls. Honestly I feel like Mechwarrior lost something when they adopted mouse controls... it feels a little too much like an fps. There was something special about the clunkiness of having to aim with buttons. I suppose playing with a flight stick could work too.
Playing with a flight stick does make it more clunky and sim-like. The thing is, the mouse is really the better control scheme (much more precise and accurate). I'm sort of on the fence about whether that's bad though. The truth is if these are some super advanced robots from a thousand years in the future, with direct neural connections, you'd think they'd be controlled at least as well as with a mouse.

I think in reality the mechs would actually handle more like an extension of yourself. Unfortunately, the whole neural interface vs joystick control thing was never entirely explained even in the novels (which were pretty bad, but did sort of expand on the universe a bit). In that case, the arcade shooter aspect wouldn't be totally out of place. I think the balance is in making the mechs slow and ponderous enough that you still feel the weight of them.