Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 6, 2020, 07:50 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default What streaming services have you dropped?

I've dropped netflix as of last night. I'm just not watching anything on it and I kept my sub for other people. I worked out a deal with them last night, shared my hulu stuff and my new HBO Max sub.

Next thing to lose is Disney Plus, which I got for my GF during lockdown. Haven't touched it in weeks at this point.

I tried with Amazon Prime video but considering my 'love' for amazon, it was always on borrowed time. Again, just not enough.

I'm more of a movie person than I am a tv series person and what I do like Hulu has.

So, what have you dropped?
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 07:59 AM   #2
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Amazon Prime: due to some hacker. Will stay clear of that until it's all cleared up.

Telekom Entertain: terrible receiver, terrible package, terrible prices.

Thinking about getting rid of Sky too

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 08:08 AM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

CBS All Active. The shows I watch on it are all on hiatus: Blue Bloods, Seal Team, FBI, and FBI Most Wanted. Picard was a huge disappointment IMO and I gave up on ST: Discovery. Nothing else on there that interests me now.

I'd drop Hulu as well, but I'm on a promo plan and only paying $5/mo for the next 6 months. There are a couple of shows on there that I follow.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 6, 2020, 08:16 AM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Apple TV+ until For All Mankind (which was weak) and See return.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 08:20 AM   #5
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
CBS All Active. The shows I watch on it are all on hiatus: Blue Bloods, Seal Team, FBI, and FBI Most Wanted. Picard was a huge disappointment IMO and I gave up on ST: Discovery. Nothing else on there that interests me now.

I'd drop Hulu as well, but I'm on a promo plan and only paying $5/mo for the next 6 months. There are a couple of shows on there that I follow.

They still haven't come out with ST Discovery season 3 yet? I'd drop Disney Plus (my gf had had enough disney cartoon time by now, right??) for CBS then.

Hulu lacks in the "original content" game but makes up for it with what else it currently has access too from certain networks. However, that's going away too soo......

HOORAY FOR THE POST CABLE MEDIA LANDSCAPE!!! ITS EVERYTHING I EVER DREAMED OF COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 6, 2020, 08:21 AM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
They still haven't come out with ST Discovery season 3 yet?
10/15

yoz
Old Aug 6, 2020, 08:24 AM   #7
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Oh and I'll drop Disney+ once the free year for Verizon subscribers is up.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 09:28 AM   #8
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

2/3 subs for me were free but most likely will get dropped. Amazon and Apple TV.

Netflix will keep. Don’t have Disney+ I think in my country though I didn’t try.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 09:31 AM   #9
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Oh and I'll drop Disney+ once the free year for Verizon subscribers is up.
Right, get it back when Mandalorian returns.

yoz
Old Aug 6, 2020, 09:44 AM   #10
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

I recently dropped Disney+
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:09 AM   #11
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Haven't dropped anything yet, but I recently got the HBO Max app on the PS4...it ****ing blows. Maybe it's better on the PC or smart TVs, but I'm always resetting it on my PS4 AFTER EVERY EPISODE OF ANY SHOW in order to get the next one to start (currently watching Westworld). It's annoying as all hell, but the content so far is decent.

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:15 AM   #12
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Im coming close to dropping HULU live cause of the price raising but I just havent found a suitable replacement.

I have:

Amazon Prime
Apple+ (free with iPhone) - Will drop when the year comes
HBO+ (free with ATT Fiber) - Will drop as well
Netflix - Wont drop ever most likely
Crunchy Roll

Seasonal

NFL - Sunday ticket - May not get this year depending on the season

Last edited by logical : Aug 6, 2020 at 06:36 PM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 06:35 PM   #13
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I only have Amazon Prime due to the Prime shipping. Enough video for now. I still have basic cable though. Still debating on getting NFL Redzone depending on how if/the season progresses.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 07:07 PM   #14
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

We recently "traded" and dropped HBO and picked up Hulu.

We have Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and KDN.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 07:31 PM   #15
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Im coming close to dropping HULU live cause of the price raising but I just havent found a suitable replacement.

I have:

Amazon Prime
Apple+ (free with iPhone) - Will drop when the year comes
HBO+ (free with ATT Fiber) - Will drop as well
Netflix - Wont drop ever most likely
Crunchy Roll

Seasonal

NFL - Sunday ticket - May not get this year depending on the season

NFL

I think crunchy roll is included in HBO Max, gonna have to check.

Curious how many people won't drop Netflix. They know they've got a crazy attach rate and this tiny sample size is showing it.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 07:42 PM   #16
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
NFL

I think crunchy roll is included in HBO Max, gonna have to check.

Curious how many people won't drop Netflix. They know they've got a crazy attach rate and this tiny sample size is showing it.
Last I checked HBO Max has some of Crunchyroll's stuff but not all. I'm really mercenary about HBO, only upping when GoT and now Westworld is going on but as soon those shows end so does my subscription. My problem right now is my AppleTV gen 3 is not supported (And I just found out that the ABC app no longer supports it either) so I've been holding off on HBO even though I haven't watched the last 2 eps of Westworld.

And no the current AppleTV is way way way too old to pick up right now. Either a new one of those or our current TV dies seeing how all the new TV's are smart nowadays.

Also still have Netflix since Amex Plat is paying for it. Mom had her world wide tour pinched by the pandemic but managed to break even on the card before that (I hear its like one of the best travel cards out there despite the steep annual) and now free Netflix, an Ubereats once a month and $20 off monthly on our cell plan is just icing on the cake. Probably have to drop Netflix and the Amex before the next annual hits.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 08:30 PM   #17
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

We have netflix , Disney plus, Amazon prime, and hulu. We never touch hulu so that one is on the cutting board. We hardly touch ama,on prime either, but that one earns its keep in other ways.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 09:18 PM   #18
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

I definitely don't watch it as much as I used to, but I love stand-up comedy and they release top-of-the-line specials about once every ten days. "Old" stand-up is good for falling asleep.

TV Guide snippets and trailers . . .

Last edited by JZL : Aug 6, 2020 at 09:25 PM.
JZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 09:29 PM   #19
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

We have Amazon Prime, mainly because of all my wife's purchases/shipping, but the video selection isn't bad.

I just dumped Netflix as well. I'll sub for a month when something decent shows up.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 09:45 PM   #20
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
We have netflix , Disney plus, Amazon prime, and hulu. We never touch hulu so that one is on the cutting board. We hardly touch ama,on prime either, but that one earns its keep in other ways.
We have the same. Wife doesn’t want to cut Hulu but can’t name a show she wants to watch on it May just cancel one day and see if it’s even noticed.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 12:12 AM   #21
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Dropped Britbox. Don't get me wrong. It is a good service. My problem was that the majority of stuff that they have on there I already had on my private home server.

CBS - Star Trek isn't good and they didn't really have that much else that I was interested in.

I'm toying with dropping Netflix. Their selection is weak these days.

On a side note, I'd love to pay for some Adult Swim if that means that I can do away with the commercials. Same with Discovery.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 06:19 AM   #22
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Haven't dropped any yet but only running with 3 atm (netflix, stan, amazon). Covers most of everything.

I have a lot of shows on netflix I've yet to watch yet, so I won't dump it yet.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 06:29 AM   #23
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

we'd stay with sky, but we still are having issues with sound dropping every few seconds which really drives me mad.

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:24 AM   #24
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Haven't dropped anything myself out of Netflix, Prime, Hulu, HBO, and VRV. Will probably drop HBO at some point, I pick it up here and there so that's normal and I keep meaning to stop VRV. I mean, I like some of their stuff like Harmon Quest and getting Crunchy Roll through them is nice, but I haven't watched either of those in a couple months now. Think it started going downhill when they kept losing channels, was extremely bummed when Shudder left. Think I can safely put that one away for the time being. Might actually switch it to picking up Shudder instead.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:29 AM   #25
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

We do a rotating schedule, watch the couple of things that a given service provides that interest us, then drop it and get a different one.

Netflix so far has been a constant because they come out with things we want to watch on a fairly regular basis.

Amazon I can't see dropping simply because it's all tied in with the shipping/music/etc that my wife uses a lot.

But rotate HBO, Showtime, Hulu, Disney+, and soon probably AppleTv.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:58 AM   #26
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

I was going to drop Hulu, but then the wife and I were scrolling for a good comedy and found the full series of Animaniacs on Hulu. Time to binge watch. Hulu gets a reprieve.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 08:10 AM   #27
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
We have the same. Wife doesn’t want to cut Hulu but can’t name a show she wants to watch on it May just cancel one day and see if it’s even noticed.
😆

yoz
Old Aug 7, 2020, 08:43 AM   #28
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

We only have Netflix and Disney+.

I think we considered dropping Netflix at one point but kept it since every now and then we'd find something we'd watch on it. Ditto Disney+.

Any ad supported ones (like Cruncyroll and Funimation) we just deal with the endless stream of ads lol. It sucks cuz they play the same ads (in funimation's case they are in groups of 6.....) at each advertisement interval so it can get very annoying.

One of them (i forget which) has horribly mistimed ad placement that they interrupt the flow of a scene rather than occuring at the end of a scene where a "break" in the action occurs. And its usually right at the end of something happening or at the last "act" of a scene so to speak so when it gets resumed after the ad is finished you see like 1 min of the end of the act before the next act begins.....It also occurs right at the end of the show too so you see 1 mins of whatever is left at the end of the show and then the credits pop up lol.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 09:18 AM   #29
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I cut Netflix and Hulu as I haven't been watching much on them lately, and I have been cutting my budget down in preparation for the layoff that is coming any week now.

I still have Amazon Prime/CBS all access that is tied to my Amazon Prime account, as well as Disney + that is free for the first year with Verizon.

Part of the reason I haven't watched much from Hulu is that due to Covid-19, a lot of shows that I used Hulu to watch haven't released any new episodes, or the seasons ended. I suspect new seasons that usually start coming out in September/October will be delayed due to Covid-19. Netflix is pretty much the same thing. I will resubscribe when new episodes of the series both Hulu and Netflix carry that I watch come out.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Aug 7, 2020 at 10:12 AM. Reason: my usual spelling/typing skill corrections.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:01 AM   #30
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Dropped
Netflix

Have
Amazon Prime

Reason:
Netflix was never used by me after a while and only served my sister and niece who have their own account now.

Twitch Prime sunk cost fallacy due to games each week/month

Due to rising prices, everyone and their mother releasing a streaming platform and said platforms pulling content for their own services anything I can't find on Prime it's yar har fiddle dee de.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote