Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:03 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
If the Venue 11 Pro is anywhere as good as my Venue 8 Pro then go for that. He'll of a tablet. My girlfriend wants a Venue 11 Pro after using my tablet.
You can get it with Baytrail, an i3 or an i5. With the Core procs, it will be better, but not sure of battery life.

I want a Venue 8 Pro sized device with a higher res screen and a better proc
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2013, 03:56 PM   #92
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
If the Venue 11 Pro is anywhere as good as my Venue 8 Pro then go for that. He'll of a tablet. My girlfriend wants a Venue 11 Pro after using my tablet.
If I didn't already own a T100, I would probably buy a VP11.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2013, 09:49 PM   #93
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
You can get it with Baytrail, an i3 or an i5. With the Core procs, it will be better, but not sure of battery life.

I want a Venue 8 Pro sized device with a higher res screen and a better proc
I like the screen on this 8 Pro pretty well. Its not as sharp as my GS4 obviously, but its still pretty damned nice to look at.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 22, 2013, 07:39 AM   #94
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
So im still looking but im narrowing it down to 3 at this point...

Air
Note 10.1 2014
Asus Transformer tf701t...
This just came out and has some really good specs for the price, $450 in local stores. Heard some good things but i need to play with it. The bezel seems kinda clunky so im not sure if it will be a hassle or not. The new Note is still superior (love the wireless AC) but the price of the tf701t with the keyboard dock is about the same as the Note 10.1, so its really appealing.
Between these two, I'm leaning towards the Asus...

The Asus Transformer TF701T has Nvidia Tegra 4 graphics, the Samsung Note 10.1 2014 only has Adreno graphics.

The Asus has an IPS display.

The Asus comes with a keyboard for the same price.

The Samsung has 3GB RAM versus 2GB on the Asus, but that can be misleading because I am willing to bet at least 1GB of RAM on the Samsung is automatically used by the GPU (this is what happens on the Nexus 10).

The Samsung has a smaller bezel, and therefore is slightly smaller and weighs less than the Asus. It's not by much, but if that's important to you then consider that.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/7872,8139
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:47 AM   #95
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Between these two, I'm leaning towards the Asus...

The Asus Transformer TF701T has Nvidia Tegra 4 graphics, the Samsung Note 10.1 2014 only has Adreno graphics.

The Asus has an IPS display.

The Asus comes with a keyboard for the same price.

The Samsung has 3GB RAM versus 2GB on the Asus, but that can be misleading because I am willing to bet at least 1GB of RAM on the Samsung is automatically used by the GPU (this is what happens on the Nexus 10).

The Samsung has a smaller bezel, and therefore is slightly smaller and weighs less than the Asus. It's not by much, but if that's important to you then consider that.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/7872,8139
Isn't the Snapdragon 800 the best CPU/GPU combo in the Android world?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2013, 02:16 PM   #96
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Hmm... not sure actually. I guess you can't go wrong with either in terms of graphics, but my other points still stand.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:28 AM   #97
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Here's a nice detailed review of both the new Asus and the Note 10.1 2014.

As much as i like win8.1 i dont think its needed for my tablet needs. Why... because my tablet will only be a social/media consumption device that needs to be light and quick. Android and iOS and their apps are much more intuitive than using full Windows programs (quick photo editing..etc) on touch 10" screens. Also screen res for the price cannot be beat. Still looking around, but i need to get this done soon so lets see what boxing day sales will pop up.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Dec 24, 2013 at 02:35 PM.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2013, 06:18 PM   #98
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Looks like Asus is about to announce some possible dual OS tablets (Andriod with Win).

http://press.asus.com/events/

Press trailer, hence the diff colours (android green with MS blue).... Ok, i need to wait for this. I was a big fan of the Samsung Ativ Q where i was so sad that they cancelled it last sec.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Dec 26, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:01 PM   #99
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I think it is.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2014, 09:10 PM   #100
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

So funnily enough, my whole family ended up buying tablets as "self Christmas presents" this year.

I got an iPad Air, my parents got the Kindle HDX 8.9 on my recommendation, and my sister got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" based on her budget.

I played with them all. I stand by my recommendation of the Kindle. If you don't care about games, it's the tablet to get. Hands down it's better for watching video than the iPad due to the screen and speaker placement (I've subsequently become pretty annoyed with the speaker placement on the iPad). It's not quite as nice for web browsing, but only because of really nitpicky stuff like the smoothness of scrolling and zooming; functionally it's absolutely fine.

The Galaxy Tab 3 I was significantly less impressed by, but then again, it's under $200 so comparing to $400+ dollar tablets isn't valid. It's not a size I was interested in, so I didn't mess with it too much.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:59 PM   #101
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Thanks for the heads up sweetz... i didnt really look into the Kindle, i may. A friend has an ipad air 16gb that hes willing to sell to me for $400... Ugh. Gonna wait to see what this new Asus announcement will be about. If nothing stellar or too pricey then im just going to grab it off of him. The note 10.1 is too much for me to spend on an android only device.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 03:33 PM   #102
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

this new asus transformer book dt300 I think it is looks nice starting at 599
wintows 8 and android tablet & notebook both
I want to see what the best one cost

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/asus...-35833907.html

Quote:
•$599 start price (Core i3)
•Core i5 version: $699
http://ultrabooknews.com/2014/01/06/...ok-duet-td300/

so a i7 max memory one maybe 999 ?

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 6, 2014 at 04:02 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2014, 05:34 PM   #103
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
this new asus transformer book dt300 I think it is looks nice starting at 599
wintows 8 and android tablet & notebook both
I want to see what the best one cost

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/asus...-35833907.html

http://ultrabooknews.com/2014/01/06/...ok-duet-td300/

so a i7 max memory one maybe 999 ?
I'm sold, gonna grab one and gift the T100 to the gf

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 6, 2014, 08:02 PM   #104
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I'm sold, gonna grab one and gift the T100 to the gf
http://press.asus.com/events/#TransformerBookDuet

yes me to unless it gets to pricey with a 17 128gb w/1tb keyboard
Old Jan 6, 2014, 09:56 PM   #105
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Great devices, my only knock is the screen res but i guess they have to make compromises at some points. 1080p is totally fine tho, but it would have been complete if it had more. Interesting to see what else comes out of at the show. I would be surprised if Samsung doesnt showcase something similar.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:25 PM   #106
Zero
Sass hole

Can you really notice the higher res at 13.3" though?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:47 PM   #107
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

For me, yes... i can tell the clarity and sharpness around txt and photos have more pop. Once going high res its hard to go back.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 04:14 AM   #108
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am going to pick up iPad mini 32 GB today.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2014, 05:43 PM   #109
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Now Samsung released details on the new TabPro 12.2... some interesting ideas thats for sure!

Old Jan 10, 2014, 05:59 PM   #110
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Hands on: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro review
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...1213178/review

if I was going to do photo work on it I would want the 1600p but for what I use it for I think the asus at 13.3 1080p will be fine
and being on a 1600p desktop I can't see games running well at it on a tablet
Old Mar 3, 2014, 05:52 PM   #111
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

So..... found a tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. Typing this from it, man, such a little wicked beast. I was initially going to get the 12.2 but the two screens from the 10.1 and 12.2 arnt as sexy as the 8.4. If anything the 10.1 was the least sharpest out of the three.. not that it sucked but just not as wowing.

Haven't charged it yet, came with 50% power, and I've been using it for the past 2hrs setting it up and I'm down to 38%. Not bad considering all the downloading and installing of my apps.

But Yeah, I really think the 8.4 is the perfect size for catering to most people's needs. Much more satisfying than 7/8" yet much more easier to hold and move around.

Still pounding through the setup so I haven't had the time to really dissect it, but I can't really see any glaring miss ques. I'm sure that will change after a few days.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Mar 3, 2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:09 AM   #112
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quick little synopsis;

Pros:
It's quick - it eats anything i give it.
Style - simple clean modern.
Well built - it fell off of my bed and landed on its side bezel, to my surprise it came away unscathed! PHEW!! Tho i wished they used a soft rubber backing like the nexus5.
Screen - super awesome, like, i cant look at anything else anymore. The clarity and colour is fantastic...
Wifi - FAST... im about 2 rooms away from my router (Asus AC66u) and im still getting 3/4 bars and wifi connection about 280-400mbps. When checking internet speed im hitting about 140mps, pretty much same performance as with my desktop thats wired.
Speakers - They are LOUD and clear, but id be happier if they were on the sides rather both being on the bottom. Not a huge deal seeing that i use Head phones most of the time.

So yeah the PRO's are pretty

Cons:
Battery life - it seems to be short. Meaning not the 10hrs as stated.
Heat - it gets warm when doing simple things like web browsing and other daily things. Warm meaning I really notice it but not uncomfortable.
Memory - It would have been awesome if they added 3Gb to this unit. When sitting idle im using about 1.4gb, not a lot of leeway once you start opening other programs. Limiting the use of the magazine UI helps, but having a total of 3gb seems more ideal for this unit... especially if they want to market it as a PRO.

Even though some concerns I can easily say its one of the best sub 10" (or even 10') tablets on the market. Hopefully they can tweak out the back end with some software updates.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 06:27 PM   #113
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Some quick test shots during "Golden Hr", non edited. Pretty decent for a tablet. Better than my phone (nx5). Full res if you go into flickr.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Test Shot by Steve.M., on Flickr