Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jun 21, 2005, 01:43 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
zetto
Radeon R420

zetto is still being judged by the masses

Default -- Official Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX benchmarks thread --

zetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 03:56 PM   #2
Ryan45
Radeon Northern Islands

Ryan45 is still being judged by the masses

Default Real 7800 GTX Scores

Here are some real SLI scores, no 22,00 in 3dmark 05 here

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=66489
Ryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 04:38 PM   #3
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

OPP is at it again!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 21, 2005, 04:42 PM   #4
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Omg Nice!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:39 PM   #5
zetto
Radeon R420

zetto is still being judged by the masses

lol, no one noticed my post, pointing to the same thing
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33819770
zetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:48 PM   #6
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

moohoohoohoohaha! Looks like ATI will win this round for sure. If a massively-OC'd 7800 SLI rig can't beat 2x massively-OC'd X850 XTPEs Nvidia's in for a rough ride come R520
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:57 PM   #7
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Aren't the ram chips on those things the 1.6ns? Rated at 600mhz? How is it running at 690?

I cant even get my X800XT PE to go past 560 without getting artifacts in ati tool. Makes me wonder how high I can go on my laptop............

Last edited by shoman24v : Jun 21, 2005 at 09:12 PM.
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 09:14 PM   #8
quartz01
Banned

quartz01 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran
moohoohoohoohaha! Looks like ATI will win this round for sure. If a massively-OC'd 7800 SLI rig can't beat 2x massively-OC'd X850 XTPEs Nvidia's in for a rough ride come R520
Err, weren't you the guy who said "I won't believe it until I see it"... but you believe ATI will win this round for sure before you have seen the benchmarks Seems like a double standard *cough*fanboy*cough*

But yes, I suppose it does seem a little below what everyone thought
quartz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 09:18 PM   #9
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartz01
Err, weren't you the guy who said "I won't believe it until I see it"... but you believe ATI will win this round for sure before you have seen the benchmarks Seems like a double standard *cough*fanboy*cough*

But yes, I suppose it does seem a little below what everyone thought
Damn right I'm a fanATIc, I'll be the first to admit that. How bout you? Where does your bias lay? I have more faith in ATI than I ever will in Nvidia.
Just so you know, the quote you're referencing was in regard to the ridiculous 22k 3dmark 05 claim for an OC'd SLI 7800GTX rig. Obviously that turned out to be a lie. Stock 7800GTX SLI scores barely over half that amount. Assuming linear performance increase w/clockspeed increase (which doesn't happen) it would take an almost 100% OC of a GPU (and memory) which are already pushing the limits of the process they're manufactured on. Good luck with that one
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:01 PM   #10
***CENSORED***
Enter the Homertrix!

***CENSORED*** is still being judged by the masses

Well, it looks like everything is bottlenecked by the CPU right now...
***CENSORED*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:21 PM   #11
DnL
HD3850 AGP 512MB

DnL is still being judged by the masses

Intel

7800GTX >> the rest....in price tag

Last edited by DnL : Jun 21, 2005 at 10:24 PM.
DnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:43 PM   #12
AGibbon
Radeon Northern Islands

AGibbon knows why the caged bird singsAGibbon knows why the caged bird singsAGibbon knows why the caged bird singsAGibbon knows why the caged bird singsAGibbon knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran
Ok, so it is neck and neck with ATIs fastest card now, yet with more features. That is this round, as I see it. So, Nvidia wins today. When the 520s come out, Nvidia may have an Ultra or something else up their sleeves. One never knows. Competition is good.

Last edited by AGibbon : Jun 21, 2005 at 10:47 PM.
AGibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:54 PM   #13
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

lol @ everyone going against what they said about a month ago...
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:30 PM   #14
Alkali
Zooey Deschanel

Alkali is still being judged by the masses

Im impressed by nVidia's speed in turning uo a new card

Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 2x2GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)
Playing: Rift, EVE-Online
Anticipating: Guildwars 2, BF3, BF1943
Alkali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:37 PM   #15
DnL
HD3850 AGP 512MB

DnL is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
lol @ everyone going against what they said about a month ago...

7800GTX is a great card with a great price!
Old Jun 22, 2005, 12:12 AM   #16
Nasheroni
The Real Thing

Nasheroni is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnL

7800GTX is a great card with a great price!
I think everyone has their different opinions about the price tag
Old Jun 22, 2005, 03:24 AM   #17
tenndevil
Radeon R420

tenndevil is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Most of those tests were done with one card not SLI, those are yet to come in ernest, again pick and choose what you want to believe as always, thats the problem with the fanboys, they could care less whether or not the information is accurate just as long as it reads the way they want it too, if it doesn't we'll fake it.

I'll laugh my ass off when the new offering from ATI is released, if it is anytime soon and it tanks, because of quirky drivers, there are driver issues no doubt, but I want to see how everything shakes out.

And as far as fanboys go, they are easy to overlook and ignore, since you know they are going to pick what they want to believe and pass it on whether true or not, it just has to make their side look good, no matter what.
tenndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 04:48 AM   #18
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenndevil
Most of those tests were done with one card not SLI, those are yet to come in ernest, again pick and choose what you want to believe as always, thats the problem with the fanboys, they could care less whether or not the information is accurate just as long as it reads the way they want it too, if it doesn't we'll fake it.
That was a sli test.... ..
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 05:32 AM   #19
Wotan81
Radeon Northern Islands

Wotan81 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I'll laugh my ass off when the new offering from ATI is released, if it is anytime soon and it tanks, because of quirky drivers, there are driver issues no doubt, but I want to see how everything shakes out.
And this isn´t a fanboy post because off.........?
Old Jun 22, 2005, 05:58 AM   #20
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:

And as far as fanboys go, they are easy to overlook and ignore, since you know they are going to pick what they want to believe and pass it on whether true or not, it just has to make their side look good, no matter what.
You do realise you sound exactly like one right?
Old Jun 22, 2005, 05:45 PM   #21
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant
You do realise you sound exactly like one right?
Don't even bother kombatant.

Fanbois are ignorant to the truth remember?
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Jun 22, 2005, 06:21 PM   #22
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

U$600.00 is a nice price tag? If you swim in gold!
Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 06:51 PM   #23
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
U$600.00 is a nice price tag? If you swim in gold!
And 1200 for 2! I couldnt even sell my WHOLE system for that much.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Jun 22, 2005, 09:59 PM   #24
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

SSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looks impressive for 2048 4xAA gaming thats it. Atleast anandtech did a 2048 bench to acually show a real performance over the 6800U. The R520 on the other hand makes 700Mhz core and 1.6Ghz/1.8Ghz 512MB mem, this is rumor but will clearly own the GTX. We shall see...

SSXeon

Thermaltake Core V51
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7Ghz (1.23V)
Wrath Spire HSF w/ MX4 @ 2500RPM
MSI B350 Tomahawk
16GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
500GB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
4TB WD Red HDD
Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER FE 8GB @ 1650/1935/7751Mhz
Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p @ 144Hz
Razor DeathAdder 6400dpi Mouse
Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 436.15

Coolermaster N200
Intel Core-i3 4170 @ 3.7Ghz
Xigmatek 1283 HSF + Thermaltake CL-F005
MSI H81M-P33
8GB Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
500GB WD Blue HDD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
2TB WD Red HDD
Intel HD 4400 350/1150Mhz
Corsair CX600 PSU
Dell 21.5" S2209WB 1080p @ 60Hz
Razor Lachesis 5400dpi Mouse
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 15.36.28.4332

Thermaltake Versa H15
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X @ 3.5Ghz
Wrath Stealth HSF w/ MX4
8GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
1TB WD Blue HDD (OS)
EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB @ 1216/1367/3500MHz
Oculus Rift Touch
Samsung 55" MU6290 HDR 2160p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 388.00

Dell Latitude 5270
Intel Core-i5 6300u @ 2.4Ghz
4GB DDR4 2133Mhz
Intel HD 520 300/1050Mhz
Dell 12.5" 768p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 20.19.15.4390

SSXeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 02:41 AM   #25
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSXeon
Looks impressive for 2048 4xAA gaming thats it. Atleast anandtech did a 2048 bench to acually show a real performance over the 6800U. The R520 on the other hand makes 700Mhz core and 1.6Ghz/1.8Ghz 512MB mem, this is rumor but will clearly own the GTX. We shall see...

SSXeon
Not to mention the 32 pipe rumor..
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Jun 23, 2005, 04:33 AM   #26
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

SSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed
Not to mention the 32 pipe rumor..
i hope its true and whats scary is even if it has 32 pipes it wont be as fast as the Xbox 360 R500! IMHO they wont need 32 pipes to eat the G70, raw speed (700Mhz!!) will and the fact that faster mem will be a factor i hope (1.8GHz!) but we will see. I just think its funny that a crossfire X850 beats out the 7800GTX Thats just funny

dude 12700 in 3dmark!!!! thats rediculas very nice

SSXeon

Thermaltake Core V51
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7Ghz (1.23V)
Wrath Spire HSF w/ MX4 @ 2500RPM
MSI B350 Tomahawk
16GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
2TB WD Red HDD
4TB WD Red HDD
Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER FE 8GB @ 1650/1935/7751Mhz
Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p @ 144Hz
Razor DeathAdder 6400dpi Mouse
Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 436.15

Coolermaster N200
Intel Core-i3 4170 @ 3.7Ghz
Xigmatek 1283 HSF + Thermaltake CL-F005
MSI H81M-P33
8GB Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
500GB WD Blue HDD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
2TB WD Red HDD
Intel HD 4400 350/1150Mhz
Corsair CX600 PSU
Dell 21.5" S2209WB 1080p @ 60Hz
Razor Lachesis 5400dpi Mouse
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 15.36.28.4332

Thermaltake Versa H15
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X @ 3.5Ghz
Wrath Stealth HSF w/ MX4
8GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
1TB WD Blue HDD (OS)
EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB @ 1216/1367/3500MHz
Oculus Rift Touch
Samsung 55" MU6290 HDR 2160p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 388.00

Dell Latitude 5270
Intel Core-i5 6300u @ 2.4Ghz
4GB DDR4 2133Mhz
Intel HD 520 300/1050Mhz
Dell 12.5" 768p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 20.19.15.4390

SSXeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 08:34 PM   #27
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Serious Sam 2 benchmarked on a 7800GTX SLI rig.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2005/06..._2_benchmarks/

Quote:
In a flyby of the game, the framerate was between 90-160 frames a second, depending on the graphical intensity of the shot. The average framerate was in the 110FPS range, with the minimum framerate around 70 - it didn't drop below 60FPS once.

This was at 1600x1200, with Shader Model 2, HDR, anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering turned on. Proof, if any more was needed, that the 7800 will handle anything you throw at it without breaking into a sweat - even next-gen game engines.

Indeed, when we switched HDR off and dropped down to Shader Model 1.1, the framerate was limited by the FX-55 processor, which couldn't go any faster.

For clarity, HDR lighting, as with Half-Life 2, is done in Shader Model 2 - meaning all cards will support it. This is achieved by using 16-bit precision, rather than full 32 or even 128-bit precision - developers Croteam told us that the visual difference was negligable.
Sounds to me like they are a bit drunk with the HDR talk..
I would assume they mean they are using INT16 (64bit Integer) instead of FP16 (64bit FP) for HDR.. since they can do AA aswell with it..
Or maybe its me who is drunk..

The performance looks pretty good tho, for a unreleased game with those settings.. unless its a very light game ofcource, bit hard to say with nothing to compare these numbers with hehe..
Old Jun 23, 2005, 08:40 PM   #28
quartz01
Banned

quartz01 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed
And 1200 for 2! I couldnt even sell my WHOLE system for that much.
lol, I know. My whole system cost me like $750.. thats a little more then one of these cards Its not very impressive at all, but hopefully it will knock down the price of 6*00's a little more. The R520's do seem better.. well anything really seems better right now. But I will not judge until benchmarks come out. I think more importantly then ATi releasing the R520's, they need to have them out and about in stores so we can actually BUY THEM! thats something that they cannot learn *sigh*
quartz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:45 PM   #29
Blacklash
Che cazzo stai dicendo?

Blacklash is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

"NVIDIA’s new product isn’t without certain weaknesses, though. Particularly, it has only 16 ROP units and a relatively low memory frequency. The latter thing sometimes prevents the new graphics processor from revealing its full potential in full-screen antialiasing modes."

Just look at the Far Cry 4xAA/16xAF benches where it can barely edge out a X850.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...e-7800_20.html

Like always, turn on the candy and watch it choke. My XL with a Crossfire X800 256mb for me, or the r520 when it hits.

Last edited by Blacklash : Jun 23, 2005 at 10:47 PM.
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 02:41 AM   #30
gts007
Radeon Sea Islands

gts007 is still being judged by the masses

send in the ATi fanboys

gts007 is offline   Reply With Quote