Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 3, 2016, 08:17 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Noice Mangler

I'm very tempted to get one, but I just know in a few months from now it will be made to look like a very poor purchase and I'll have to start a remorse thread.

Any point putting these under water? Not so sure the extra cost is worth it for such a small and power efficient chip.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 08:42 AM   #272
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Noice Mangler

I'm very tempted to get one, but I just know in a few months from now it will be made to look like a very poor purchase and I'll have to start a remorse thread.

Any point putting these under water? Not so sure the extra cost is worth it for such a small and power efficient chip.
If you can hang on for a few months you could probably get one around black friday/holidays for much cheaper. Dang, just realized that's still about 5 months away!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:40 AM   #273
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermann View Post
If you can hang on for a few months you could probably get one around black friday/holidays for much cheaper. Dang, just realized that's still about 5 months away!
Right. If my b-day wasn't this month I would have tried to hold off but I'm very happy with this EVGA thus far.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 4, 2016, 02:26 PM   #274
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Bah, saw an Asus Strix 1080 instock at the egg so I placed my ordered, filled out my info went for final checkout and BLINK! Item removed from cart.

Demo did you steal my 1080 out of cart at the egg?
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2016, 02:28 PM   #275
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Is the strix really the one to get though?

I get the impression that the heatsink on it is not as good as the competition.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2016, 02:30 PM   #276
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

BAH! ****! The G1 was instock at NCIX, filled out the info, same ****ing ****. Demo is trolling me.

Strix is fine, the MSI has been known to have coil whine.

Strix or G1 are the nice ones.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Jul 4, 2016, 04:15 PM   #277
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Is the strix really the one to get though?

I get the impression that the heatsink on it is not as good as the competition.
Reviews do seems to suggest the card runs hotter than some.

yoz
Old Jul 4, 2016, 05:04 PM   #278
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Since the mods on the Radeon Forum dont have a sense of humor

Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2016, 05:25 PM   #279
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm offended by those pictures, plz remove.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 06:00 PM   #280
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's the same mod's over here dufus...btw LOL
Old Jul 4, 2016, 06:33 PM   #281
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermann View Post
It's the same mod's over here dufus...btw LOL
No. It's just you.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 08:00 PM   #282
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

That picture would have made more sense back in the 290X or 390X era, or maybe with Vega (we'll see). 480 isn't really all that power hungry by historical standards.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2016, 08:05 PM   #283
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
That picture would have made more sense back in the 290X or 390X era, or maybe with Vega (we'll see). 480 isn't really all that power hungry by historical standards.
It's in reference them pulling too much power from the pcie slot
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2016, 01:25 AM   #284
Faceless Rebel
Rage3D Veteran

Faceless Rebel can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFaceless Rebel can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Why isn't it a screenshot of STALKER though?
Faceless Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2016, 01:27 AM   #285
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Card nowhere to be found
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2016, 01:51 AM   #286
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The water cooled MSI sea hawk is available here. Is this just a reference board with AIO?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 02:58 AM   #287
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

See the plugs. If it has more than 1 plug then it is non reference.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 03:10 AM   #288
KAC
That postcount though...

Latest HOCP review shows the 1080 boning the 980 Ti OC by about 30% consistently. Need to order dem 1080s. 30% is about right for an upgrade.

HOT DAMN!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 03:13 AM   #289
demo
space cadet

Yeh I think it's reference but with custom bios that raises thermal/voltage/power limits a little.

Might jump on one next week. Otherwise I'll go for the MSI Gaming or EVGA FTW.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 08:18 AM   #290
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Card nowhere to be found
Memory Express in town here had 10+ yesterday of the EVGA FE's. Called for reserve two but they would not hold then. First come first serve. By the time I got there they were sold out....
Old Jul 5, 2016, 04:28 PM   #291
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Last Friday there were some in stock but the gdam mail was late so I couldn't get the credit card I wanted to use to order in time. After work I got it, place the order, and then they decline it. By the time I got off the phone with the company the card was out of stock again. :/

So I don't give up, wait and refresh the page for half hour, and it goes back in stock briefly. This time it goes through and I manage to snipe one.

Just an ASUS Turbo edition kinda plain jane non FE blower card. But it is on the way. Lucky me.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2016, 06:01 PM   #292
Mangler
PC

Pretty impressed by the heatsink on the palit, the fans are barely moving while playing some games, definitely get the feeling that its overkill for the heat output of the 1080.

Was the same true for the giant heatsinks for the 780/980 generation of cards?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 06:14 PM   #293
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Pretty impressed by the heatsink on the palit, the fans are barely moving while playing some games, definitely get the feeling that its overkill for the heat output of the 1080.

Was the same true for the giant heatsinks for the 780/980 generation of cards?
I was always impressed by the cooling on the MSI 970 cards.

yoz
Old Jul 6, 2016, 06:43 PM   #294
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So excited. My card will be here on Friday.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 08:13 PM   #295
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
So excited. My card will be here on Friday.

yoz
Old Jul 6, 2016, 09:04 PM   #296
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

My card is not even hitting the 83C temp limit with my custom fan curve (maxes out at 70%). Card bounces between 2000Mhz and 1950Mhz, constantly hitting the 120% power limit.

The fan on the Founders Edition is definitely improved over the fan on the Titan X. At 70% it is still fairly quiet, the Titan X at 70% is annoying to say the least.
Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2016, 09:28 PM   #297
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Yay got my 1080gtx today and installed it. So far just a few rounds of BF4 and it seems the same. Which is to be expected since my 290 had no problems with that game either. But the IQ looks good to me, very difficult to tell a difference.

Need to get Doom on here asap. But I missed the summer sale.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:18 PM   #298
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Yay got my 1080gtx today and installed it. So far just a few rounds of BF4 and it seems the same. Which is to be expected since my 290 had no problems with that game either. But the IQ looks good to me, very difficult to tell a difference.

Need to get Doom on here asap. But I missed the summer sale.
Doom $28.79 with coupon!

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/doom/
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:41 PM   #299
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird sings

Mine gets here on Monday. Looking forward to finishing my new build
The Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2016, 12:11 AM   #300
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Woot! I can play Skyrim at 60FPS finally!

Last edited by |MaguS| : Jul 9, 2016 at 12:19 AM.
|MaguS| is offline   Reply With Quote