Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 29, 2020, 02:33 PM   #5131
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
You're right, they aren't time or level sensitive. They are progress sensitive via the story and intertwined events. There may have been a couple that were time sensitive due to a time constraint from that quest itself (I cant remember all of them), but generally they weren't.
Would be dumb if you lose out on an earlier quest because you were too high level. They deal with it pretty well, by reducing the amount of XP you get at higher level since the challenge becomes non-existent.

By the way LTTP but I am playing through Hearts of Stone right now. I remember people saying this was the worse of the two expansions. Well I'm wondering how awesome Blood and Wine must be because Hearts of Stone has been great so far!
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 02:49 PM   #5132
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Yeah, people need to use different descriptions...unless they actually thought it was BAD.

Sure, one is probably better than the other. That doesn't mean the other one is bad though. What should be said is, "Blood and Wine is the best of the two", and leave it at that. No more implications that Hearts of Stone is a poor expansion.

Hearts of Stone was better than a lot of complete games...
Old Jan 29, 2020, 03:01 PM   #5133
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
In case you weren't aware, one thing about experience points and leveling up in this game is quest XP rewards scale with your level. For example if you hold off doing any quests that are recommended at say level 10 until you are at a much higher level (like 22 where you are now), you will get next to nothing for XP when you finally get around to do them. Its laughable, like 1 XP for completing the quest. Make sure you try to do all quests that are around your recommended level before moving on or you will forfeit those experience points.

Basically, just don't ignore any quests you started and keep leveling up from the main quests. Because when you go back to them you wont get much XP from them. I think because of this design, the game encourages you to be doing secondary quests along side the main quests that are of matching recommended levels.

Personally this runs contrary to how I prefer playing my RPGs. I tend to like doing all the main quests stuff first to keep the sense of urgency relevant, and return to the secondary quests later. But it is what it is in this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
The boning has to happen at or around the level you are at. Otherwise you get jack shite. Also main quest XP is way too much compared to sides.
Well ****, this is good to learn. I was noticing exp was sometimes really low but didn't pay attention to what level the quest was.

Frack.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Would be dumb if you lose out on an earlier quest because you were too high level. They deal with it pretty well, by reducing the amount of XP you get at higher level since the challenge becomes non-existent.

By the way LTTP but I am playing through Hearts of Stone right now. I remember people saying this was the worse of the two expansions. Well I'm wondering how awesome Blood and Wine must be because Hearts of Stone has been great so far!
Quote:
Yeah, people need to use different descriptions...unless they actually thought it was BAD.

Sure, one is probably better than the other. That doesn't mean the other one is bad though. What should be said is, "Blood and Wine is the best of the two", and leave it at that. No more implications that Hearts of Stone is a poor expansion.

Good to know about the DLCs. I'm looking forward to playing through that part of the story.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 29, 2020, 03:06 PM   #5134
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

No problem, shrike.

Quote:

Oh by no means was I under the assumption it was bad. Just that since I'm enjoying it so much I'm wondering how good Blood and Wine must be since its regarded as being better (and bigger).

Its quite nice to know I've still got good Witchering to look forward to for a good while to come.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 03:44 PM   #5135
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Don't side quests fail if you level too high or ignore them too long anyway? I seem to remember seeing quest failed for a couple I neglected....
There are a couple related to the main story line (One specifically regarding Radovid) that if you don't do by a certain point in the main quest with Ciri, you'll fail that quest. At one point you get a warning that certain options won't be available if you proceed past that point. I just replayed the main story line since watching the Netflix show because it was several years since I played the game. It's still one of my all time favorite games ever and I'm not a hardcore RPG guy.

There is a mod you can do to give all relevant XP regardless of your level. I use it so I can go back to them later and still get full XP.

Blood and Wine is better than Hearts of Stone in my opinion. A whole new land to explore and another great story. Hearts of stone was good though.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote