Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Sep 23, 2019, 09:19 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I was in the Walmart near my house Saturday night picking up some diapers (lol) after a company BBQ and several beers and figured if they have it in stock I'll just grab one. When I noticed it was nowhere to be found I asked and they were clueless as to what it was. Guy thought I was talking about the old AtGames versions and he said "oh we stopped selling those months ago."

I check the Walmart website and they have it on there and some stores show it in stock, so the guy was just an idiot. But they lost a sale because I would have made the impulse purchase. That night when I got home I played some Beyond Oasis and Streets of Rage 2 on my actual Genesis and the morning after I changed my mind on the mini. I don't really need/want to get it at this time. Kind of glad they didn't have it.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:06 AM   #32
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
That night when I got home I played some Beyond Oasis and Streets of Rage 2 on my actual Genesis and the morning after I changed my mind on the mini. I don't really need/want to get it at this time. Kind of glad they didn't have it.
Yup. Since I already own actual hardware, and most of the games, I don't see much point in the mini consoles, except to have something cute. I did buy a PS Classic, but only because it was $20 and I intend to mod it... still haven't opened the box though.

I'll prolly pick up the TurboGrafx mini next year, as I don't own the real console and don't intend to start collecting for it.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:15 AM   #33
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Yup. Since I already own actual hardware, and most of the games, I don't see much point in the mini consoles, except to have something cute. I did buy a PS Classic, but only because it was $20 and I intend to mod it... still haven't opened the box though.

I'll prolly pick up the TurboGrafx mini next year, as I don't own the real console and don't intend to start collecting for it.
I'm in the same boat as you then. The only allure of these official mini consoles is the novelty and collectibility. I will eventually get this, just not in a rush at the moment.

The TG16 mini however I will definitely be getting, as I never owned one and still don't. I should get my pre-order in on that but I'm kind of wanting to wait until closer to release to make sure there's not too much technically wrong about it.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:15 AM   #34
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I own 3 Genesis', 2 SNES's, 2 NES's (one is HDMI), a Playstation, etc, but still have all the minis
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:18 AM   #35
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I own 3 Genesis', 2 SNES's, 2 NES's (one is HDMI), a Playstation, etc, but still have all the minis
It is a sickness, I know.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 06:59 PM   #36
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

I was a dummy when I was in my 20s and sold or gave away my Genesis to a friend since I doubted I would use it again since I was mostly a PC gamer by then. I regret that immensely and am happy to have a little version of it here, though I miss my 6-botton controllers and my copy of Mortal Kombat II.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2019, 05:21 PM   #37
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
I was a dummy when I was in my 20s and sold or gave away my Genesis to a friend since I doubted I would use it again since I was mostly a PC gamer by then. I regret that immensely and am happy to have a little version of it here, though I miss my 6-botton controllers and my copy of Mortal Kombat II.
You can always rebuy the old Genesis, and a 6 button controller and MKII to go with it. Probably could get them all for less than the Genesis mini too.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 09:41 PM   #38
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Hack is coming along. No ETA currently.

https://modmyclassic.com/2019/09/25/...hack-update-2/
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Corsair MP510 480GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote