Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 20, 2011, 07:44 PM   #2971
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Ok, so I try a rush map and I just get swarmed by two helis that I'm not even sure how to take down. I hate BC2. The vehicles are as gimmicky as COD kill streak rewards.
Tracer dart. Engineers make it go boom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 07:45 PM   #2972
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Tracer dart. Engineers make it go boom.
And what level do I need to be to get that specific weapon?
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 07:48 PM   #2973
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Ok, so I try a rush map and I just get swarmed by two helis that I'm not even sure how to take down. I hate BC2. The vehicles are as gimmicky as COD kill streak rewards.
I swear I'm not trying to be rude or pompous, but it just seems like you're not willing to try and overcome adversity or look for ways to combat anything other than infantry. If you're at a low level and have unlocked the tracer dart gun but not the AT4 launcher, what I would suggest doing is nailing the helicopter with a dart at just the right moment, then pulling out an RPG, aiming through the scope at the helicopter until the blinking orange box stays solid, then fire away. If you luck up and the pilot either doesn't have or use his flares, the missile will seek its way to the helicopter and you'll almost always score a hit and either take it down or dish out massive damage. If you play enough so that you unlock the AT4 launcher, start practicing with it and learn how to steer the missile into hovering helicopters. When you fire, hold down left click and keep your eye on the missile itself. As you move your mouse around, you'll "steer" it in mid-air and if you practice enough with it, hitting hovering helicopters is super easy. Sometimes you have to lead them, too, because the missiles fly so slowly; but once you master it you'll be able to take down almost any pilot in the game unless he's far away or comes close and maneuvers so quickly your slow missiles can't reach him until he's already moved out of position. The best thing about the AT4 is that unlike with tracer darts, even flares can't save pilots from an experienced user. Flares completely negate most tracer dart efforts, but a skilled AT4 soldier can take down pilots with ease unless they're very, very good.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 20, 2011, 08:25 PM   #2974
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

That, and most maps have positions with AA. Such as the map Heavy Metal. B position has an AA gun. If there is an enemy chopper in the sky, be on that, or near it.

I don't remember how long it took me to get the tracer dart gun. I do know it wasn't that long.

If you are still low level. Run a medic, and just run around wildly and revive people. It'll rack up your score pretty quick for the basic unlocks. (such as tracer dart gun)
Quote:
Old Oct 20, 2011, 08:37 PM   #2975
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The problem with planes is eventually pilots do get very good. That's what happened in 1942, and it got to be where only another pilot who was equally skilled could take them out in a dog fight, AA was ineffective as they'd just dive bomb it out of the angle it could reach and it would be gone same thing would happen to tanks and apcs. If they got air superiority in the first few minutes they pretty much had it the rest of a match, barring the occasional really lucky bazooka. I hope jets in bf3 don't turn out that way. BC2 on the other hand you rarely have a copter who can hang in the air for very long, if your team is half way decent.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:25 PM   #2976
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
The problem with planes is eventually pilots do get very good. That's what happened in 1942, and it got to be where only another pilot who was equally skilled could take them out in a dog fight, AA was ineffective as they'd just dive bomb it out of the angle it could reach and it would be gone same thing would happen to tanks and apcs. If they got air superiority in the first few minutes they pretty much had it the rest of a match, barring the occasional really lucky bazooka. I hope jets in bf3 don't turn out that way. BC2 on the other hand you rarely have a copter who can hang in the air for very long, if your team is half way decent.
I dislike running into a lazy team, or a team with a bunch of people who don't know whats going on, and you end up with the same chopper taking people out at will and no one helps either with taking it down or distracting it so someone else can.
Quote:
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:35 PM   #2977
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I just played some BC2 tonight and was reminded just how god awful the shotgun hit registration is. It's almost comical just how broken the mechanics are. I really can't wait for the much improved BF3.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:47 PM   #2978
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

Some of ya'll crack me up. People bitch and complain that they want a realistic war game, but when they get it, they complain about aircraft. Hello! In real wars, the side with air superiority tends to have the upper leg.

The one thing I don't like about BF3 is the lack of Bot play offline (or even online in a private server). In BF2, I use to play that way all the time, in order to learn to fly the jets and helos.

Personally, I'm going to pay for a 16-man server the 1st month, just to learn the mechanics of flying in this game. Yeah, it'll cost me an extra $16, but it's probably worth it.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:53 PM   #2979
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

or u could play in an empty server
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:47 AM   #2980
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

First 10 minutes of BF3 single-player (ps3)

http://kotaku.com/5851961/watch-the-...layer-campaign

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:06 AM   #2981
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
or u could play in an empty server
Yeah, going to be a lot of empty servers right off the bat.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:10 AM   #2982
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post
Yeah, going to be a lot of empty servers right off the bat.
That and the round might not start until their are players on both sides.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:00 AM   #2983
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
2 hellis? theres only 1 map where its possible for a team to have 2 choppers in the air at once, and they are both transport choppers.. Besides on that map its easy to evade the choppers, if your team isnt totally hopeless that is.

You can shoot the pilot and gunners with your rifle, sniper is easy actually, or use an LMG to damage the chopper and kill the crew, use mounted AA or 50 cals scattered around, or go engineer and hit it with a tracer dart and fire a rocket.. boom.
Honestly I dont even worry about the choppers, I know how to evade them and tbh I ignore them 99% of the time. The only time they will pwn you is if youre on a really shiit team and you keep spawning at spawn instead of on squad mates.

Its not gimmicky or like CoD kill streaks at all, and saying that makes its obvious you have never even tried to be a gunner or pilot, if you had you wouldnt say rubbish like that.
Just sounds like sour grapes to me.. in the transport chopper its very hard to stay alive as pilot and hard get kills as gunner, you usually have to tag people 8 - 10 times. When I fly the chopper I usually load it up with my squad, do a lap or 2 until its heavily damaged, then crash land behind enemy lines and start raping.

I think youre like me a few years ago and just cant see the way the game is played, BC2 requires far more quick thinking and ability to visualise the flow of the battle, where to spawn, when to move etc. not just looking at whats directly infront of you sneaking around hiding in corners like a newb. Its far more hardcore than CoD, DoDs etc. Its an FPS on another level that is unforgiving to noobs, and tbh if youre not even rank 10 youre just going to get smashed constantly... everyone is rank 50 by now, if not a year ago, and knows the game inside out and so on, youre really just going to get destroyed.. but thats not the games fault, its your lack of knowledge of how to play.

You might aswell start fresh with BF3 rush... btw, there wasnt even a vehicle in the metro map in BF3 beta, although I think they are adding a light tank to 1 section of it, which are weak as piss.. I'd be surprised if you lasted 2 minutes in one.

Last edited by demo : Oct 21, 2011 at 02:02 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:07 AM   #2984
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post

You might aswell start fresh with BF3 rush... btw, there wasnt even a vehicle in the metro map in BF3 beta, although I think they are adding a light tank to 1 section of it, which are weak as piss.. I'd be surprised if you lasted 2 minutes in one.
The alpha had a tank on the us side.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:44 AM   #2985
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:52 AM   #2986
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Ea/Dice sure knows how to make good trailers.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:53 AM   #2987
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
Holy ****! This is going to be epic!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Ea/Dice sure knows how to make good trailers.
Lets hope they know how to follow through too.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:54 AM   #2988
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
Good trailer. Voice acting sounds great. Hopefully it is coherent and the whole campaign is like that
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:58 AM   #2989
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

seriously, this whole 'new releases on Tuesdays' thing needs to change....
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:00 AM   #2990
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
seriously, this whole 'new releases on Tuesdays' thing needs to change....
I agree, move it to Thursdays or Fridays!

Like in Europe
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:18 AM   #2991
Mangler
PC

Preloading it like a boss, I really love the speeds that you get from origin.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:23 AM   #2992
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Best advertising campaign for any game I've seen.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:32 AM   #2993
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Holy ****! This is going to be epic!!!
Agreed.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:38 AM   #2994
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:57 AM   #2995
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:04 AM   #2996
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

^ shouldn't it at least remotely resemble the real battlefield theme?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:05 AM   #2997
Mangler
PC

I prefer the old battlefield theme.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:12 AM   #2998
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

i like, reminds me of the mechwarrior 2 soundtrack
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:17 AM   #2999
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Hmm I was thinking the single player was made as an after thought... but that looked pretty bitchin...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:21 AM   #3000
RAY16
Defenestration Specialist

RAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
That's not the real main theme.

This video has clips from the actual soundtrack:

Last edited by RAY16 : Oct 21, 2011 at 11:26 AM.
RAY16 is offline   Reply With Quote