Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:17 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Official NV 10-series firesale thread

MSI 1080 Ti Duke $600 after $20 MIR:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...D=3938566&SID=
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:24 PM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

that is cheeeeeeeeeeep. nice
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2018, 09:35 AM   #3
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:35 AM   #4
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Must have been a brief sale. Says $478.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:40 AM   #5
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Must have been a brief sale. Says $478.
That's why I made the thread... plenty of deals but they sell out fast.

MSI 1070 Ti DUKE $400 after $20 MIR:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137258&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

or if you want equivalent-ish AMD card

PowerColor Red Dragon Vega 56 $385 shipped after $20 MIR:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...D=3938566&SID=
Old Sep 28, 2018, 08:42 PM   #6
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

EVGA 1070 Ti $385 shipped after rebate:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814487386
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:21 PM   #7
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Dude 1070 Ti for 350+ is not fire sale lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:53 PM   #8
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Dude 1070 Ti for 350+ is not fire sale lol.
A spark sale, at least?
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2018, 01:23 AM   #9
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I believe the fire sale ended when Nvidia priced the RTX 2080ti at $1200 and above.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:38 AM   #10
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

found a website that is selling PNY 1080ti's for $349.+ shipping. They are obviously from a mining rig as they stated 48 for sale. This site is for sale of camper parts and it just looks like they threw parts from mining on there to sell.

The major thing bothering me though is that they do not accept paypal.

Should I or shouldn't I?
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:01 AM   #11
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
found a website that is selling PNY 1080ti's for $349.+ shipping. They are obviously from a mining rig as they stated 48 for sale. This site is for sale of camper parts and it just looks like they threw parts from mining on there to sell.

Should I or shouldn't I?
Of course not.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:10 PM   #12
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

Should I or shouldn't I?
Sounds very suspicious if you ask me.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:30 PM   #13
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Sounds very suspicious if you ask me.
Agreed.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:48 AM   #14
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

Should I or shouldn't I?
I would not.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:08 AM   #15
KAC
That postcount though...

Now given this is Rage3D he will go out and get it.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 01:41 PM   #16
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I believe the fire sale ended when Nvidia priced the RTX 2080ti at $1200 and above.
Yep. Cheapest 1080 Ti on pcpartpicker right now is $670. Probably won't see any real deals until Black Friday if the stock lasts that long.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 04:27 PM   #17
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Yep. Cheapest 1080 Ti on pcpartpicker right now is $670. Probably won't see any real deals until Black Friday if the stock lasts that long.
It is almost as if Nvidia intentionally priced their new parts high to avoid cannibalizing sales of their old parts.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 06:57 PM   #18
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
It is almost as if Nvidia intentionally priced their new parts high to avoid cannibalizing sales of their old parts.
RTX went over so well the 1080 ti's are going back up

the 1632 MHz strix has gone up 70 bucks since the rtx paper launch
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2018, 08:09 PM   #19
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

So, was about to nab one for 670, a day later the ****er is 770 right now. Jesus christ I wish all the crypto miners would die in a ****ing fire. All I want is a god damned normal priced gpu. nVidia also seems to give no shits anymore based on their previous "we only want to sell to gamers" as if you check out their 1080ti page the limit is 10 per customer... **** this ****.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2018, 09:17 PM   #20
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Profits are tanking and have been for a while. Especially after major cryptocurrency projects refused to fork because of the ASIC issue. Nvidia mining in particular has been hit pretty hard. Whatever the reason for the pricing GPU mining bugaboo is not, at this point in time anyway, the problem.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2018, 09:23 PM   #21
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Old Oct 3, 2018, 09:25 PM   #22
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

The cost of the new one is probably not helping matters. Downward pressure on pricing is non existent at this point and lack of competition is also another factor. No doubt this has been discussed around here already, many times over. Excuse my senility. I understand I am getting old now.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2018, 09:54 PM   #23
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
3rd party seller... no connection to reality.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:25 PM   #24
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
3rd party seller... no connection to reality.
I just saw Shipped by: Newegg

and most likely is newegg or someone that works there

and all the strix's are gone again elsewhere
https://www.nowinstock.net/computers...dia/gtx1080ti/

doesn't look like asus is making any more 1080 ti's
Old Oct 4, 2018, 08:24 AM   #25
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
I just saw Shipped by: Newegg

and most likely is newegg or someone that works there

and all the strix's are gone again elsewhere
https://www.nowinstock.net/computers...dia/gtx1080ti/

doesn't look like asus is making any more 1080 ti's
Chill. Patience. Give it 5-10sec.

People are probably buying them again after the RTX business. Not a big deal. They are still reasonably priced when sold by honest vendors when in stock.