Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:32 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mr_Skinny
Meh

Mr_Skinny is still being judged by the masses

White one turned up today. The device itself is after using it for about 30 seconds I went back to my old HTC Mozart (wp7.5) and it makes it look terribly, terribly dated.

WP8 is not much different so far, but won't have time for a proper play until this evening.

So far so good!

Oh and one other thing, those moaning about the weight need to man the **** up!

Last edited by Mr_Skinny : Nov 22, 2012 at 07:35 AM.
Mr_Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:34 AM   #122
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Apparently the majority of the ones being sold are white. Obviously the red and cyan ones are barely available anywhere so the option is only between the white and the black.

Enjoy And don't forget to post any new things you learn in the WP8 thread
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:59 AM   #123
Zoolok
The Fly

Zoolok is still being judged by the masses

What's the availability of the yellow one? I want that one for Christmas
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:05 AM   #124
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolok View Post
What's the availability of the yellow one? I want that one for Christmas
In the US, I have only seen 1 so far.

You would be best served pre-ordering it.

I have seen many more yellow HTC's, but the Nokia, in my opinion, has a leg up on the HTC in terms of bank for the buck. However, note that while the HTC is matte, the Nokia yellow is glossy.

I originally wanted a matte phone, but after spending time with the glossy, no way I would go back It just feels better in the hand and I have better grip
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:37 AM   #125
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Anyone going to one of these from a WP7 device? Played around with one of these and an 820 and they felt... slower than my Trophy. Dunno if it was the demo stuff that was running until you unlocked the screen but it was definitely slower.

The screen was unresponsive and web page load times weren't much better on lte than my trophy on 3g. Also I have to say the screen on the 820 > the 920 bad. Only thing it's missing is the resolution, but contrast looks significantly better imo.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:57 AM   #126
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Anyone going to one of these from a WP7 device? Played around with one of these and an 820 and they felt... slower than my Trophy. Dunno if it was the demo stuff that was running until you unlocked the screen but it was definitely slower.

The screen was unresponsive and web page load times weren't much better on lte than my trophy on 3g. Also I have to say the screen on the 820 > the 920 bad. Only thing it's missing is the resolution, but contrast looks significantly better imo.
A few folks at my new gig have the 900 an all of them have said the 920 is significantly faster and smoother.

In the ATT store, if you get a chance to swing by, check the 900 and the 920 and you should see any differences yourself.

Now, the 820 MIGHT be slower, but I didn't have a chance to mess around with it, so I do not know.

If you get a chance to mess around in the store again, check out if there are any issues with the device. Demo units take a lot of abuse
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:02 AM   #127
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
A few folks at my new gig have the 900 an all of them have said the 920 is significantly faster and smoother.

In the ATT store, if you get a chance to swing by, check the 900 and the 920 and you should see any differences yourself.

Now, the 820 MIGHT be slower, but I didn't have a chance to mess around with it, so I do not know.

If you get a chance to mess around in the store again, check out if there are any issues with the device. Demo units take a lot of abuse
I plan on it, I was just expecting to be blown away like I was with my trophy and it just didn't happen :/
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:21 AM   #128
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

dont the 820 and 920 have the same internals? 1.5ghz dual core snapdragon S4 with Adreno225?

as far as i know, only the HTC 8S has a different processor, 1ghz dual core snapdragon S4 with adreno 305?

Plus the 820 has a AMOLED screen, the 920 has IPS LCD. That could be why you think the 820 has a better screen.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:32 AM   #129
Hannibal Lecter
Rage3D Veteran

Hannibal Lecter can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHannibal Lecter can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I had a 900 before this and the 920 is better in every way so far.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:48 AM   #130
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
dont the 820 and 920 have the same internals? 1.5ghz dual core snapdragon S4 with Adreno225?

as far as i know, only the HTC 8S has a different processor, 1ghz dual core snapdragon S4 with adreno 305?

Plus the 820 has a AMOLED screen, the 920 has IPS LCD. That could be why you think the 820 has a better screen.
Per the rumors, the 920 proc is supposed to be slightly over-clocked over the 820 (some reviewers saying upto 1.7 GHz). Also, resolution is different.

Side by side comparison:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/7472,7471

Given the specs, I would be surprised if either device seemed slower than the 900.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:57 AM   #131
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Per the rumors, the 920 proc is supposed to be slightly over-clocked over the 820 (some reviewers saying upto 1.7 GHz). Also, resolution is different.

Side by side comparison:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/7472,7471

Given the specs, I would be surprised if either device seemed slower than the 900.
first ive heard of that rumor....

Its not like nokia hasnt put the same hardware it its phones before.....
(900, 800, 710 all sport the same 1.4ghz snapdragon s2, only the 610 and 510 have the slower 800mhz)
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:19 PM   #132
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

That's because MS controls the core specs of the Win* phones. So they will always have similar core specs.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:53 PM   #133
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
first ive heard of that rumor....

Its not like nokia hasnt put the same hardware it its phones before.....
(900, 800, 710 all sport the same 1.4ghz snapdragon s2, only the 610 and 510 have the slower 800mhz)
It's possible some of the reviewers were comparing international to US versions. Honestly, given how damn smooth the OS is, not sure the specs matter that much on a WP device.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:14 PM   #134
Mr_Skinny
Meh

Quote:
It's possible some of the reviewers were comparing international to US versions. Honestly, given how damn smooth the OS is, not sure the specs matter that much on a WP device.
Indeed, my two year old WP7 device is still smoother than anything else I've ever used. Up until today when I got my 920 of course
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:41 AM   #135
painkiller
Radeon Northern Islands

painkiller is still being judged by the masses

Quickly tested 920 in store today and was pleasantly surprised how light it actually felt after all the moaning reviewers have given it. Liked the screen a lot also. It seemed to produce very accurate color compared to most overblown amoleds. Too bad there wasn't a 820 to test out also.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:44 AM   #136
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller View Post
Quickly tested 920 in store today and was pleasantly surprised how light it actually felt after all the moaning reviewers have given it. Liked the screen a lot also. It seemed to produce very accurate color compared to most overblown amoleds. Too bad there wasn't a 820 to test out also.
It IS heavier than some comparable devices, but it is not a gigantic brick as some claim.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:35 PM   #137
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So I've spent some time with it...

My Personal Pros:

- I.E. is completely faster and more capable than Safari. I didn't get one, your browser doesn't support this video/feature whatever message.

- Tabbed browsing is faster and more efficient

- The phone overall is very fluid and quick. I like the bing integration so far...

- File management with windows is soooooo much easier then the iPhone. I can just drag and drop and be done with it. No importing, no syncing, no converting crap. Just copy and paste and go.

My Personal Cons:

- The media player implementation is awful compared to iOS. On a 4.5" screen, you have the travel the entire diagonal multiple times to go back from a song selection and all the way across again to change album/artist/playlist and back up again to change the song or fast forward. iOS has all options at the bottom next to each other. You can't directly fast forward to a particular spot in a song. You have to manually fast forward. If the screen is still on locked mode, you have to *guess* if you're fast forwarding to the right spot. A la, cassette tapes.

- The facebook app is completely bugged

- A lot of apps have the 'send' button right next to the 'backspace' or 'spacebar'. This has already caused me to send txts mid-sentence.

- The 'Alarm' app is inadequate. It must be set to a specific time. There's no stop watch or countdown timer aspect.

and the BIG one...

- iMessage... I wasn't really paying attention to it but I had forgotten, most of all the people I txt, have iPhones and thus have dropped their txt messaging plans. Now an app has to be loaded just for me to bypass that lack of bill feature... whoops.

-------------------

Bit of a mix bag now that I've had a few days with it... I might have to swap it out for an iPhone 5, which really sucks. We've found an app called Kik that seems to be doing the trick so far with the txt messaging. I need to find a 3rd party media player though. I go to the gym 5 to 6 times a week and traveling the entire diagonal of the screen multitudes of times just to switch from track 2 of BLS to say track 5 of a Godsmack album is irritating. I'd make a playlist but I'm pretty random in my workouts depending on how many people are at the gym, so I need to bounce around a lot on my songs.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:00 PM   #138
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
So I've spent some time with it...
My Personal Cons:

- The media player implementation is awful compared to iOS. On a 4.5" screen, you have the travel the entire diagonal multiple times to go back from a song selection and all the way across again to change album/artist/playlist and back up again to change the song or fast forward. iOS has all options at the bottom next to each other. You can't directly fast forward to a particular spot in a song. You have to manually fast forward. If the screen is still on locked mode, you have to *guess* if you're fast forwarding to the right spot. A la, cassette tapes.
Which media are you playing? Is it stuff you have loaded up or using the Music apps?

I've only been mainly using Nokia Music but that does sound pretty retarded

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Pandora and Spotify coming out soon.

Quote:
- The facebook app is completely bugged
Yes, it is. The official app sucks balls. I'd recommend using facebook touch, it is not official, but it's the closest to iOS or Android level build quality.

Quote:
- A lot of apps have the 'send' button right next to the 'backspace' or 'spacebar'. This has already caused me to send txts mid-sentence.
Are you talking about 3'rd party text apps or the native one? The native one has the send button at the bottom, away from everything Haven't tried 3'rd party stuff yet.

iOS always had me sending stuff accidentally because the send and backspace buttons were right next to each other.

Quote:
- The 'Alarm' app is inadequate. It must be set to a specific time. There's no stop watch or countdown timer aspect.
Yep, had to download a separate stop-watch.

Quote:
and the BIG one...

- iMessage... I wasn't really paying attention to it but I had forgotten, most of all the people I txt, have iPhones and thus have dropped their txt messaging plans. Now an app has to be loaded just for me to bypass that lack of bill feature... whoops.
That is interesting

I don't know anyone who doesn't have text, but now that I think about it, makes perfect sense to drop the plan

What apps are you using for messaging?

Quote:
Bit of a mix bag now that I've had a few days with it... I might have to swap it out for an iPhone 5, which really sucks. We've found an app called Kik that seems to be doing the trick so far with the txt messaging. I need to find a 3rd party media player though. I go to the gym 5 to 6 times a week and traveling the entire diagonal of the screen multitudes of times just to switch from track 2 of BLS to say track 5 of a Godsmack album is irritating. I'd make a playlist but I'm pretty random in my workouts depending on how many people are at the gym, so I need to bounce around a lot on my songs.
Give the Nokia Music app a go and mess around with mixes, just for shits and giggles. There is even a "workout" mix station. But if it isn't working for you, do what works for you

Voice navigation might alleviate your issues. I have been sending texts while driving simply by voice, changing my music as well.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:00 PM   #139
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Thinking of getting the Lumia 920 and need some input about the different color choices (yellow, white, and black). Which color did you get? Did you regret your decision? Thanks in advance.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:09 AM   #140
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Thinking of getting the Lumia 920 and need some input about the different color choices (yellow, white, and black). Which color did you get? Did you regret your decision? Thanks in advance.
I bought the white one. I initially wanted the Cyan because it was matte. Playing around with the black version in-store (also matte), and the white one, I personally preferred the white one better.

Currently, the majority of phones available are either white or black, or pre-order online. I didn't want yellow or red (too garish) and the black one just didn't appeal to me. I still think I would have gotten the cyan if it was available in store, but messing around with the themes and colors, the white seems the best fit for me
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:15 AM   #141
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I bought the white one. I initially wanted the Cyan because it was matte. Playing around with the black version in-store (also matte), and the white one, I personally preferred the white one better.

Currently, the majority of phones available are either white or black, or pre-order online. I didn't want yellow or red (too garish) and the black one just didn't appeal to me. I still think I would have gotten the cyan if it was available in store, but messing around with the themes and colors, the white seems the best fit for me
Thank you! Looks like I'd pick up the white one.

Say, does the white glossy finish scratch easily? Protector case recommended?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:18 PM   #142
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Which media are you playing? Is it stuff you have loaded up or using the Music apps?

I've only been mainly using Nokia Music but that does sound pretty retarded

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Pandora and Spotify coming out soon.
I'm playing songs I've loaded up to it. I've found another bug. If you go from the music+video app to the windows screen to do something, say answer a txt or whatever. Then use the "alt tab" feature (where you press and hold the back button). If you select the music+video app again to get back to your currently playing song, then hit the back button to select a different artist, it brings you back to your start screen... Beyond that quirk, in general you have to hit the back button 3 times just to get back to the artist selection menu. The Xbox music-video app might be the breaking point for me to return it.

Quote:
Are you talking about 3'rd party text apps or the native one? The native one has the send button at the bottom, away from everything Haven't tried 3'rd party stuff yet.

iOS always had me sending stuff accidentally because the send and backspace buttons were right next to each other.
3rd party, Skype and kik.

Quote:
That is interesting

I don't know anyone who doesn't have text, but now that I think about it, makes perfect sense to drop the plan

What apps are you using for messaging?
Yep, I actually saw an article recently where an AT&T exec said that SMS services profit margin was down 40% over the past 18 months, mainly citing iMessage.

Quote:
Give the Nokia Music app a go and mess around with mixes, just for shits and giggles. There is even a "workout" mix station. But if it isn't working for you, do what works for you

Voice navigation might alleviate your issues. I have been sending texts while driving simply by voice, changing my music as well.
I'll check it out.

I love everything about the phone but the media player thing is killing me. The iMessage I can deal with now that it seems Kik is going to work "okay". Skype won't consistently notify of a message when it's sent.

Last edited by AdelphiaX : Nov 25, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
AdelphiaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:44 PM   #143
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I'm playing songs I've loaded up to it. I've found another bug. If you go from the music+video app to the windows screen to do something, say answer a txt or whatever. Then use the "alt tab" feature (where you press and hold the back button). If you select the music+video app again to get back to your currently playing song, then hit the back button to select a different artist, it brings you back to your start screen... Beyond that quirk, in general you have to hit the back button 3 times just to get back to the artist selection menu. The Xbox music-video app might be the breaking point for me to return it.

I haven't used anything but Nokia music player, as I wait for Pandora so I can't speak to the player.

I was chatting with roadhog and certain elements are definitely beta-ish. But even with the quirks I prefer the os experience to iOS. But if the quirks aren't cleaned up I may be moving to android next
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:48 PM   #144
Yaboze
Radeon R420

Yaboze can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyYaboze can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Edit: FWIW, as an FYI, I had to wait in line to test the 920. The iPhone stand was empty and 2 people were looking at 8 different Androids on display. The people in line just surfed on the phones they already had.
The 920 is nice and I hope it takes off for MS. We need more competition out there other than iOS and Android. FWIW, of course the iPhone line was empty, it's been out since the end of September and as for Android, there's so many Android models out there on different carriers, it's easy to find one to look at. The 920/W8 is new, hence the line.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:07 PM   #145
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

No Dropbox = no sale.

Official Twitter app? Spotify?

Apps I take for granted aren't available. I'll take a look after 6 months, maybe Phone 9.

Last edited by Razeus : Nov 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:24 PM   #146
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
No Dropbox = no sale.

Apps I take for granted aren't available. I'll take a look after 6 months, maybe Phone 9.
twitter has a bunch of third party clients that are good (also the people hub)
Dropbox too.

Spotify i could have sworn ive seen an official version before, but nothigns showing up in marketplace search

They even have it on the website....
http://www.spotify.com/int/mobile/windowsphone/
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:31 PM   #147
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
twitter has a bunch of third party clients that are good (also the people hub)
Dropbox too.

Spotify i could have sworn ive seen an official version before, but nothigns showing up in marketplace search

They even have it on the website....
http://www.spotify.com/int/mobile/windowsphone/
The lack of apps is what keeps me, and I'm sure others, away. I need Instagram! Windows 8 has a future in 3rd place. MS, however, is totally botching the marketing off all things Windows 8. This is a make or break moment for them. In the mean time, I'll maintain my iOS app list and fill in the Android and MS columns as my most used apps become available. Then I can take hard look at a switch.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:53 PM   #148
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
The 920 is nice and I hope it takes off for MS. We need more competition out there other than iOS and Android. FWIW, of course the iPhone line was empty, it's been out since the end of September and as for Android, there's so many Android models out there on different carriers, it's easy to find one to look at. The 920/W8 is new, hence the line.
Good point on the iPhone. I think android is on too many devices and is definitely fragmented right now. I love the wp8 phone but the media playback is killing me. Apparently the Nokia music app also plays local tunes, not just streamed ones. I'll be giving that a shot tomorrow morning. I'm soooo digging its smoothness, IE and depth of options so far. Where it's lacking though is menu interface, mainly with media playback. It also needs Skype to be like iMessage. Google is attempting an iMessage competitor, msft needs follow suit.

Last edited by AdelphiaX : Nov 25, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
AdelphiaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:19 AM   #149
Mr_Skinny
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
No Dropbox = no sale.

Plenty of third party Dropbox apps, Official Twitter app + integration into the OS.

No Spotify as yet although I'm sure it was available on WP7 at some point
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:49 AM   #150
bobvodka
Sleeping.

bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Skinny View Post
No Spotify as yet although I'm sure it was available on WP7 at some point
Yeah, it was - a friend of mine who had a WP7 device even had it... doesn't show up for WP8 however but one is coming at "some point"; however I might cancel my sub if it doesn't show up soon - I was using it to download tracks to my iPod Touch for use at the gym but of late I've just been using podcasts anyways so probably wouldn't miss it.
bobvodka is offline   Reply With Quote