Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:19 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
painkiller
Radeon Northern Islands

painkiller is still being judged by the masses

Default Nokia Lumia 920

Sneaky Russian have gotten Lumia 920 and are testing its key features against Galaxy SIII

Video recording with OIS on:

Low light camera performance:

Super sensitive screen:

I think Nokia might have just gotten me to get one once it is released (hopefully next month)...

Last edited by painkiller : Sep 24, 2012 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Added full name to title
painkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:38 AM   #2
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looks like a nice ass phone... HUGE though. But nice.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:31 AM   #3
Shark
Pain

Shark is still being judged by the masses

The camera is just amazing, but I have my doubts with MS Windows System and its online market. if I want top notch camera I will buy canon camera not a phone.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:00 AM   #4
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I kinda regret I got the One X a few months back, not because I don't like it, but because it prevents me from buying this.
Damn.
Maybe I'll convince my wife to upgrade from her Lumia 800
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:07 AM   #5
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I think this is what I'm getting, but I'll need to demo it at a store first. I'm concerned this will be too big to go to from a 3GS.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:19 AM   #6
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Seems really big. GSIII is already bigger than I would really like and this is just a hair bigger.

I am thinking my first foray into Windows 8 mobile will be a tablet (Assuming MS hits that $200 price point).

Last edited by aviphysics : Sep 24, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:15 AM   #7
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Seems really big. GSIII is already bigger than I would really like and this is just a hair bigger.

I am thinking my first foray into Windows 8 mobile will be a tablet (Assuming MS hits that $200 price point).
They won't. It's looking closer to $499 or up ish with it possibly being around $200 if its subsidized on a carrier somewhere.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:22 AM   #8
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Am I the only person who feels the s3 isn't big lol. I have medium-small hands. I can wear a woman's medium glove for christ sake and I can use the phone one handed easily. I am willing to bet most people who think it's too big either A) never saw it in person or held it B) Played with it for like 5 mins while it was strapped to a security wire.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:38 AM   #9
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Am I the only person who feels the s3 isn't big lol. I have medium-small hands. I can wear a woman's medium glove for christ sake and I can use the phone one handed easily. I am willing to bet most people who think it's too big either A) never saw it in person or held it B) Played with it for like 5 mins while it was strapped to a security wire.
i played with the s3 in best buy and it was to big just did not feel right to me
but i was also planning on and need one in my work a case like otterbox defender and how much it will grow
the 4s with the defender is still smaller than the s3 other than thickness
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:52 AM   #10
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
i played with the s3 in best buy and it was to big just did not feel right to me
but i was also planning on and need one in my work a case like otterbox defender and how much it will grow
The fact that the SG3 is so thin is what makes it tolerable to me. It is just right up there at the limit of what I find acceptable. I don't use cases though. I have never had a case that doesn't just kill the feel of the phone for me.

Maybe an iphone case makes sense because the hand feel of that phone is already terrible. It is basically a hard rectangular brick that is too heavy for its size. I think the reason they take falling so badly isn't the glass back, but the overall weight and inflexibility of the phone. When it hits the ground it has to absorb more energy and the absorption isn't broadly distributed.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:55 AM   #11
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Infront of me I have a s3 in an incipico two part case (silicone, and a hard shell), an iphone 5 in the same incipico format case. Mind you these are smaller than otterbox cases and no where near the gigantic thick boxes I have seen people use for their iphones. These provide very good protection btw.

If that 1/4 of an inch extra makes it too big to be usable you gotta be kidding me.

Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:32 PM   #12
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

well the 4s is smaller but it is all individual preferences and i liked the size of the 4s better
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:09 PM   #13
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Infront of me I have a s3 in an incipico two part case (silicone, and a hard shell), an iphone 5 in the same incipico format case. Mind you these are smaller than otterbox cases and no where near the gigantic thick boxes I have seen people use for their iphones. These provide very good protection btw.

If that 1/4 of an inch extra makes it too big to be usable you gotta be kidding me.
Where did you get an iPhone 5? I didn't even think those were out yet.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:14 PM   #14
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

its not really bigger than an S3, but its thicker.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:20 PM   #15
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
I think this is what I'm getting, but I'll need to demo it at a store first. I'm concerned this will be too big to go to from a 3GS.
Everythings bigger than a 3gs......
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:23 PM   #16
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
its not really bigger than an S3, but its thicker.
Thicker is bigger...

at least that's what she said
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:21 PM   #17
painkiller
Radeon Northern Islands

painkiller is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Thicker is bigger...

at least that's what she said
Thicker is better you mean?

Size is pretty much the only thing I dislike in that phone alltough I had Galaxy Note and the size didn't bother me too much. Now I have N9 and I feel that the form factor is pretty good. Lumia 920 could be a good compromise for size with that screen resolution and the curved edges will definately make it feel more natural when it sits in your pocket.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:36 PM   #18
Zoolok
The Fly

Zoolok is still being judged by the masses

I can't wait to get the Lumia 920, hopefully I'll be able to buy it for Christmas. The curved screen is awesome, I love it on the Lumia 800 I currently have.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:16 PM   #19
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
On both sides, yes. For those of us who stuff our phones in the front pockets of our business clothes a smaller phone is a better phone. I don't want to try to be selling some guy with a giant phone bulging out of my crotch. So for some there is a reason why a half inch here or there is important. For the rest of you it's just extra screen real estate... but I couldn't do it.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:18 PM   #20
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jwherrman/th...getting-bigger

And I'm guessing in China they'll stop getting bigger even sooner...

Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:29 PM   #21
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
On both sides, yes. For those of us who stuff our phones in the front pockets of our business clothes a smaller phone is a better phone. I don't want to try to be selling some guy with a giant phone bulging out of my crotch. So for some there is a reason why a half inch here or there is important. For the rest of you it's just extra screen real estate... but I couldn't do it.
Are you serious? lol. What do you wear to work!!! I wear a suit to work everyday and my suits are "modern fit". I can fit a samsung note into my suit pocket easily and I have a jacket size of 40 sometimes 38. Also why would you put your phone in your front pocket. Falls out easier and creates a bulge on your leg and can get banged more easily. Unless you mean the pocket on the dress shirt. In that case my dress shirts don't have pockets as that's just like I work at wendys . Even in that case 99% of smartphones will not fit right in.

Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:31 PM   #22
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Where did you get an iPhone 5? I didn't even think those were out yet.

Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:35 PM   #23
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jwherrman/th...getting-bigger

And I'm guessing in China they'll stop getting bigger even sooner...

Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:37 PM   #24
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Everythings bigger than a 3gs......

Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:38 PM   #25
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Unless you mean the pocket on the dress shirt. In that case my dress shirts don't have pockets as that's just like I work at wendys . Even in that case 99% of smartphones will not fit right in.
Engineers are all about the front pocketed shirt. Otherwise you wouldn't have anyplace to keep your pen protector.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:00 PM   #26
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
You must be a ****ing midget if a GS3 is too big for your pants
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:01 PM   #27
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Anyone remember those old flip phones and slider phones from ye old pre-smartphone era?

Yeah, they were small but they were like 2inches thick......
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:02 PM   #28
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
You must be a ****ing midget if a GS3 is too big for your pants
Or he wears skinny jeans...in which case anything would create a bulge......

hmmm....... but that would explain how he breaks all his phones...being too big for his tight girly pants.....
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:07 PM   #29
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Or he wears skinny jeans...in which case anything would create a bulge......

hmmm....... but that would explain how he breaks all his phones...being too big for his tight girly pants.....
The GS3 is pretty skinny, unless you are saying he has a tiny penis and doesn't want to overshadow it with a skinny phone

On topic though, I am loving the 920 more and more

It's either this or the next Nexus to replace my current iPhone 4 and I keep leaning more and more to the WP8 devices.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:05 PM   #30
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote