Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Jan 21, 2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber
Default Gainward bringing on the 3Gb GTX 580

If you are running into frame buffer limits at 1.5Gb for GTX 580, or 2Gb for HD 6970, then don't despair! Gainward's bringing on the 3Gb GTX 580 Phantom series cards with custom 6 heat-pipe cooler and all. Here's what MaximumPC had to say about it:

According to Gainward, that superscript is supposed to denote the "Phantom power of 3," which refers to the use of three PWM cooling fans underneath the ginormous heatsink. These are flanked by six "Gainward Grand Prix Heatpipes," each one 6mm in size. Gainward claims you'll see up to 12C lower temps compared to a stock GTX 580 during 3D heavy tasks, and up to 54 percent less noise during standby.

Source: MaximumPC, Gainward
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:07 PM   #2
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

On a side note, this is my first action as a news posting staff member, moving this from Submit News to the News section. I think I did everything right as it appeared on the front page. If I overstepped any of my bounds, let me know please, I r teh noob