Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Sep 8, 2019, 08:56 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Default New truck time

Traded in the 2014 Tundra SR5 for a 2019 RAM Laramie sport edition today.

I love the fact that there is NO chrome on this truck.

Next upgrades are tented front windows tomorrow since I'm off maybe, and a tonneau after they install the spray in liner I made them throw in.

Then some exhaust, but I haven't decide on which one I want yet.

It's loaded out with the 12 inch screen, and after driving my Tundra for all this time it feels like I'm in a luxury car.

Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 08:05 AM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The new Dodge's look sick as hell.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 08:05 AM   #3
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:32 AM   #4
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

how about some interior shots? looks nice
Old Sep 9, 2019, 07:03 PM   #5
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

I don't know what all that means, but I do know Rams are excellent trucks. I had a 2007 and now I have a 2011, and I wouldn't give them up for anything.

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 09:19 PM   #6
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
how about some interior shots? looks nice
Sorry didn't take any interior yet, but this is what it looks like courtesy of the dealer photos. This is from another one just like mine, but my seats are darker. I'll take some photos of the interior once I've cleaned it up. I swear the last three new cars we've bought came home looking like they were washed at autobell. Hell that's giving them too much credit!

I've driven the new F150 and it's nice, but this truck is in another league right now as far as interior quality goes. I expect Ford is going to remedy that soon.

I almost bought a 2019 Lariat, but I wanted a 5.0 V8 in that, and since they modified that engine in 2018 it has a nasty habit of burning a LOT of oil. That 10 speed transmission isn't looking too hot either. Never thought I would by a RAM, but after driving it... Here we go.

Extended warranty incoming! lol

Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:46 PM   #7
traitoR
Galactic Butterfly

traitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete stranger

Congrats, very nice.

The dream of eternal life is far more compelling than living one.
traitoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:01 PM   #8
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Looks great -- can't beat Dodge in the interior department.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 01:17 PM   #9
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Nice! You got the air suspension on that bad boy?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 01:21 PM   #10
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm not worthy.. beautiful truck! Congrats!

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 03:00 PM   #11
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Nice! You got the air suspension on that bad boy?
Nah, this was a 19 model they were clearing out, so I lucked out and they had a spec I liked. They had three just like this.

Two of them were the spec I got, but one wasn't 4x4.
The other was exactly the same except it didn't have the 12inch screen and sunroof.

I actually wanted the one without the giant sunroof and 12 inch screen, but it was a freaking dealer manager car, and I don't do those "new".

Now that I have the big screen, I'm glad old dude decide to take the one I went up there to test drive as his own for a while.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 03:14 PM   #12
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

I'm not sure I like these 22 inch wheels though. They look good, and it drives great, but you're not going too far off road with these 45 series tires. I don't do a ton of off road driving aside from a trip or two to the mountains every year. I wouldn't consider that really off roading since I'm on a road it's just normally gravel. The grades can get pretty steep though.

When it's time for new tires, should I put some 20" wheels on it with KO2 33's like I had on the tundra, or just keep it as is?

What do you guys think?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 03:31 PM   #13
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

I'm with you there, I've never been a fan of larger rims and low profile street rubber on a truck; sure they look good but it ruins so much capability from off-roading to cargo & towing capacity

I'd definitely go with smaller rims and regular truck tires
Old Sep 11, 2019, 04:28 PM   #14
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Keep the wheels, just put some 325/55 scorpions on them
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 04:38 PM   #15
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Here's the Tundra if anyone wants it.

https://www.hendrickchryslerdodgejee...81dadf92fa.htm

I paid 37 for it new!
Old Sep 11, 2019, 09:25 PM   #16
traitoR
Galactic Butterfly

traitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Here's the Tundra if anyone wants it.

https://www.hendrickchryslerdodgejee...81dadf92fa.htm

I paid 37 for it new!
There asking price seems a little steep, you took good care of it with low miles but it's still 5+ years old and out of warranty i assume.

The dream of eternal life is far more compelling than living one.
traitoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 06:36 AM   #17
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitoR View Post
There asking price seems a little steep, you took good care of it with low miles but it's still 5+ years old and out of warranty i assume.
Yeah, it's mint and they gave me 27K for it. The resale on Toyotas is insane.

You can buy a new one for mid 30s.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 08:48 PM   #18
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

that toy-yoda isn't a bad looking truck either. i think the design still holds up...they should offer an all-black version with no chrome bits and update the interior a bit.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 09:30 PM   #19
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

The Tundra exterior is still one of the best of them all IMO. That interior though...

They drive really well too, but after driving the RAM I was sold. I just hope it's not a piece of ****, since it's FCA...