Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 26, 2022, 07:28 AM   #1921
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/stat...85840445001730

I've been playing Elden Ring for 30+ hours. What game is this?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 07:46 AM   #1922
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
What game is this?
It's Elden Ring (probably using one of those 'move the camera to an alternate location' mods)

Also it's from end game so you should avoid watching unless you don't mind being spoiled.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI RTX3060Ti 8GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 1TB SSD 870 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2022, 08:18 AM   #1923
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The Radagon boss fight in this game is actually pretty good, and I wish he was the final boss. Its at least better than most/all of the late game bosses in this game - which I believe for the most part has bad boss designs for From Soft standards.

When you study his attack patterns and get good at the fight it can be really fun. What comes after him though, absolute trash.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 26, 2022, 09:00 AM   #1924
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i found the next boss way easy to learn and beat. radagon was way harder for me.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 09:12 AM   #1925
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
i found the next boss way easy to learn and beat. radagon was way harder for me.
Its a common thing in these games that different players will have an easier/tougher time with different bosses. Depends largely on build/rune level/playstyle, etc.

I'm just speaking in terms of boss design (mechanics, not aesthetics). The final boss fight's design was just trash IMO, but Radagon's was actually well made. Just more fun and engaging. Personally I kind of wished they scrapped that final boss from the game completely. It was terrible.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:20 AM   #1926
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Its a common thing in these games that different players will have an easier/tougher time with different bosses. Depends largely on build/rune level/playstyle, etc.

I'm just speaking in terms of boss design (mechanics, not aesthetics). The final boss fight's design was just trash IMO, but Radagon's was actually well made. Just more fun and engaging. Personally I kind of wished they scrapped that final boss from the game completely. It was terrible.
I didn’t care for either of them, but Radagon was the better designed fight imo.

From didn’t seem to be able to pull off really engaging, fun fights in ER without going too far with AOEs as well. Most souls bosses have AOE attacks, but not literally spamming them like these do. That was my main knock in the entire game.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2022, 01:08 PM   #1927
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i agree with radagons fight. was a good one, but the onyl real problem i have with the final boss fight, and other fights like it is the stupid distances they cover. Meaning half the fight you are just running after them. Remove that from all the fights that have it and they would all be good fights too.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 03:00 PM   #1928
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
i agree with radagons fight. was a good one, but the onyl real problem i have with the final boss fight, and other fights like it is the stupid distances they cover. Meaning half the fight you are just running after them. Remove that from all the fights that have it and they would all be good fights too.
Completely agree
Old Jun 27, 2022, 09:46 AM   #1929
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I didn’t care for either of them, but Radagon was the better designed fight imo.

From didn’t seem to be able to pull off really engaging, fun fights in ER without going too far with AOEs as well. Most souls bosses have AOE attacks, but not literally spamming them like these do. That was my main knock in the entire game.
Yup, AOE's were overused in this game. It was certainly possible to avoid taking damage if you saw it coming soon enough, but they just happened too often which made it more annoying than fun. I think FS simply are running out of ways to challenge the player, so are resorting to methods like this. Another reason why the combat system as a whole needs an overhaul.

Quote:
100% agree. That was a huge issue I had with the bosses in Elden Ring. Made boss fights super tedious for absolutely no reason. With the exception of the dragon fights where the game allowed you to use the horse. Those were cool. Which is why I thought that final boss fight could have been so much better if you could have used Torrent. I mean he's with you for almost the entire game, why not have him for the final boss? Missed opportunity.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:42 AM   #1930
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So level 200 and something and pretty much done everything so is it time to start NG+ ? Concerned I wont bet able to go back and wander however in NG+ I start with everything just need to redo everything again and activate the teleporters (did that for the souls fans).
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:59 AM   #1931
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
So level 200 and something and pretty much done everything so is it time to start NG+ ? Concerned I wont bet able to go back and wander however in NG+ I start with everything just need to redo everything again and activate the teleporters (did that for the souls fans).
You can always just make a save backup of your first playthrough before moving to NG+.

Load it up whenever you want to wander.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:38 AM   #1932
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thought the only option is to save and quit then when I go back in and continue it would set the next save over that one ? I’ll look deeper as that is the most simplest solution cheers if it works.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 07:34 AM   #1933
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
I thought the only option is to save and quit then when I go back in and continue it would set the next save over that one ? I’ll look deeper as that is the most simplest solution cheers if it works.
You probably looked it up by now but if not, Elden Ring's save file is here:

C:\Users\<user-id>\AppData\Roaming\EldenRing

The folder there contains a ER0000.sl2 file. Just copy/paste that out to save a backup. Then copy/paste it back when you want to load it up again.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:34 AM   #1934
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Cheers, used a tool so I have 2 saves so can just load that up but thanks for following up. Started, beat the first boss obvs, I see they have made the enemies a tad harder which is a good call. Maybe this time I can enjoy it more rather than frustrated by every turn !
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:08 AM   #1935
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

I'm around 80 hours into the game, level 110, with a +21 weapon and a +6 or something Mimic Ash. I'm currently attacking the Fire Giant (and failing miserably). Once this dude bites the dust, how long would you guys say I still have to go until I'm the Elden Lord and the credits roll? I really want this game to be over.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:35 AM   #1936
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

If you skip the optional stuff, you only have farum azula and the ashen capital left, so 10-30+ hours depending on your git gud level.

And don't be afraid of respeccing to an OP build if you are tired of the game, you only have garbage bosses left anyway.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:41 AM   #1937
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

why are you still playing it? if you dont like it, just stop. That being said, not to far i think, only a few areas left really and a few more bosses.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:42 PM   #1938
twonha
Yods be silent!

Quote:
why are you still playing it? if you dont like it, just stop. That being said, not to far i think, only a few areas left really and a few more bosses.
Bragging rights, commitment, and a sort of 'thank you' to the friend that gifted me the game. I like it enough to have gotten this far, I hate it enough to want it to be over.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 06:12 PM   #1939
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

I don't like how the made the "quests" in the game. You start them and then have to go straight to the internet to figure out exactly how to possibly ever completely them. It usually takes multiple actions done randomly across the map over hours of gameplay. Plus, if you do one completely unrelated action, the quest breaks. I have no idea how doing them without a guide is even possible.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2022, 03:02 AM   #1940
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Bragging rights, commitment, and a sort of 'thank you' to the friend that gifted me the game. I like it enough to have gotten this far, I hate it enough to want it to be over.
Whole game is about taking out your frustrations from life. I do it in the toilet. Nerds do it by playing this game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2022, 05:08 AM   #1941
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I don't like how the made the "quests" in the game. You start them and then have to go straight to the internet to figure out exactly how to possibly ever completely them. It usually takes multiple actions done randomly across the map over hours of gameplay. Plus, if you do one completely unrelated action, the quest breaks. I have no idea how doing them without a guide is even possible.
That's true. Although, you could say it's also realistic. The world doesn't have "quests", they have a series of things that can be interacted with that have consequences. The world doesn't have a cheat sheet, so that you know that X is the end result of a given batch of choices.

I think they wanted to encourage multiple playthroughs and still having people discover new things.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Last edited by koralis : Jul 31, 2022 at 05:15 AM.
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2022, 06:56 AM   #1942
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
That's true. Although, you could say it's also realistic. The world doesn't have "quests", they have a series of things that can be interacted with that have consequences. The world doesn't have a cheat sheet, so that you know that X is the end result of a given batch of choices.

I think they wanted to encourage multiple playthroughs and still having people discover new things.
Agreed. It worked too, in my case anyway
Old Jul 31, 2022, 09:10 AM   #1943
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Quote:
I'm around 80 hours into the game, level 110, with a +21 weapon and a +6 or something Mimic Ash. I'm currently attacking the Fire Giant (and failing miserably). Once this dude bites the dust, how long would you guys say I still have to go until I'm the Elden Lord and the credits roll? I really want this game to be over.
You're really close to the end. If you avoid distractions and just stick to the main path you could finish in maybe 10 more hours of play. You might also get stuck on a boss or two towards the end though. They can be a real pain until you learn their tricks.

As for Fire Giant, i struggled with him for a while too. In the end the strategy that worked for me was staying on the horse the whole time and just staying behind him and attacking the back of his heels. Few quick hits then reposition, rinse and repeat. BTW he is the start of a string of awful boss design in this game. Cheese them by any means necessary.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:20 AM   #1944
Munkus
Official taste-tester

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Did they ever add 21:9 support to this game?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:33 AM   #1945
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Did they ever add 21:9 support to this game?
As of last time i played a few weeks ago nope.

Funny thing is the game does support it, but they intentionally force 16:9. One time i started the game and it "glitched" to 21:9. It looked awesome, but next time i started the game it was back to 16:9. Very weird.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:15 PM   #1946
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Cheese them by any means necessary.
This. So very much this.

Tip for the fire giant, it’s even worth re-specking for.

https://youtu.be/cBY_yptqsNQ

So easy it’s ridiculous.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 02:25 PM   #1947
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post

I like to explore areas 100% in open world games and move on. Not someone to run through until the ending. Playing like this can backfire if you want to complete Elden Ring quests. Plus a single play through for me is looking like 200+ hours. Not sure I’ll be coming back for more. Although, I do appreciate the ability to easily respec as you can try different builds in the same play through.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2022, 03:21 PM   #1948
twonha
Yods be silent!

Quote:
You're really close to the end. If you avoid distractions and just stick to the main path you could finish in maybe 10 more hours of play. You might also get stuck on a boss or two towards the end though. They can be a real pain until you learn their tricks.

As for Fire Giant, i struggled with him for a while too. In the end the strategy that worked for me was staying on the horse the whole time and just staying behind him and attacking the back of his heels. Few quick hits then reposition, rinse and repeat. BTW he is the start of a string of awful boss design in this game. Cheese them by any means necessary.
Thanks for the advice, guys. I watched some videos, dragged myself up another two or three levels by defeating ancient bosses I'd skipped/missed early game, and came back to him.

Once I let my ash take the opening salvo, I could more easily get behind him. And once I figured out how to avoid those burning orbs, I lasted long enough to bring a fight to his ankle. His second phase seemed easier than the first.

So, that's out of the way. Time to get my ass kicked by a whole new game area, in the Crumbling Farum Azula.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 03:39 PM   #1949
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Just so you know, literally everything you need to know to do everything is in the game.
Some things, including npc locations or quest locations are in the item descriptions.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 04:40 PM   #1950
Munkus
Official taste-tester

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
As of last time i played a few weeks ago nope.

Funny thing is the game does support it, but they intentionally force 16:9. One time i started the game and it "glitched" to 21:9. It looked awesome, but next time i started the game it was back to 16:9. Very weird.
Bummer.