Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 19, 2019, 04:16 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizbuka View Post
That's quite a tall horse you're sitting atop. I think people deleting a game is pretty hollow. Even hollower when you consider many of them probably didn't actually delete their account.

Wanna make a difference Mr. Principles? Volunteer at the local food shelter. Volunteer to help build safe housing for those less fortunate.

And yes, I, and my son do these things.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2019, 09:24 PM   #122
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Bootlickers.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:26 PM   #123
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default How can you represent Jesus when you don't speak English?

Quote:
That's quite a tall horse you're sitting atop. I think people deleting a game is pretty hollow. Even hollower when you consider many of them probably didn't actually delete their account.

Wanna make a difference Mr. Principles? Volunteer at the local food shelter. Volunteer to help build safe housing for those less fortunate.

*Even more hollow
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:28 PM   #124
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Bootlickers.
That's what I think of people deleting an application on their PC thinking their saving the world or making a difference.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:00 AM   #125
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
That's what I think of people deleting an application on their PC thinking their saving the world or making a difference.
this

if you want to make a difference fly to hong kong with your helmet and gas mask and your mei outfits

but you may end up in a chinese re education camp

getting lebron james educated
and don't think being a American will save you
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:06 AM   #126
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remastered Reportedly Being Announced Next Month
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/10...zard-blizzcon/
Old Oct 20, 2019, 03:33 AM   #127
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
*Even more hollow
Jesus? I think he'd be in Mexico, not China.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 05:58 AM   #128
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Diablo 4 AND Diablo 2?

All is forgiven Blizz, **** Hong Kong!
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 07:38 AM   #129
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Jesus? I think he'd be in Mexico, not China.
It was a dumb, overly sarcastic post. I've made a couple of those this week. Probably time to take a break. Thanks for playing along though.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 08:26 AM   #130
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

So let me get this straight. Some of you people are OK with Blizzard claiming to be for individual free speech, just not when it's inconvenient to them, and in turn severely punishes its pro players when exercising the same free speech values they hypocriticallly claim to support in citing a vague conduct rule? Lol, and you guys aren't even receiving any money from China. BOOTLICKERS.

Also I laugh at that notion that this issue is trivial because there are worse problems in the world. Such a cop out argument. It's our responsibility as consumers to vote with our wallets in supporting or not supporting unethical business practices whenever we can. Of course we can't boycott everything Chinese as their products are so ingrained in our society. But we can to American companies that prefer to side with the values of an oppressive gov that continually violates human rights.

As a company Blizzard can do what they want, but if they continue down this road they will continue to get sh!t for it.

Also Blizzcon is just a few weeks away. Can't wait.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 08:27 AM   #131
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

thats great for you and your son its unfortunate you sit on your tall horse and look down on others. Granted deleting an app or posting on social media isnt going to do much in grand scheme but its better than silence and mocking others for it
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 09:39 AM   #132
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Did you just find out what bootlicker meant or something? First time in a dictionary? No one has said anything that fits being a bootlicker. Try another catchphrase to sound hip, old man.

Frankly, blizzard was within their rights to do what they did. They've gone as far as apologizing and reducing the punishment. Everyone involved knew what they were doing was against tournament rules (hence hiding under the table and giggling after they kept egging on the player). Blizzard trying to keep politics out of their tournaments is NOT supporting China, and I'm still not sure how some of you have come to that conclusion, besides just wanting to be mad about something.

On the flip-side, yes people are within their rights to be upset that Blizzard hasn't made a statement saying "**** China, **** communism" because that's your perogative if you want it to be, but guess what; they're a business in the entertainment industry, and frankly I like it when companies don't get involved in politics.

I don't think a single person here is OK with what's going on in China, but jeez some of you cats are so bored and delusional that in your head, deleting an app and attacking Blizzard, who is just trying to stay out of it, is somehow supporting Hong Kong.

News flash, you're just detracting from what's actually going on over there.

Last edited by Nunz : Oct 20, 2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 09:42 AM   #133
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

That's quite a tall horse you're sitting atop. I think people who build homes or work in a food shelter, in America, the wealthiest country in the world, is pretty hollow. Even hollower when you consider many of them are going to to people who are just to lazy to go out and get a job to provide themselves those things.

Wanna make a difference Mr. Principles? How about going to Syria and working with the refugee camps or becoming a doctor without boarders and really help those less fortunate.

I don't do any of those things. I just wanted to point out how stupid your post looked.
Renocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:11 AM   #134
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:

Frankly, blizzard was within their rights to do what they did. They've gone as far as apologizing and reducing the punishment. Everyone involved knew what they were doing was against tournament rules (hence hiding under the table and giggling after they kept egging on the player). Blizzard trying to keep politics out of their tournaments is NOT supporting China, and I'm still not sure how some of you have come to that conclusion, besides just wanting to be mad about something.
[I have no interest in defending the actions of the Hearthstone player as I've said. My criticisms are with Blizzard's free speech policy.]

Their actions in this are not denouncing China, either. In fact, given the amount they make from the Chinese market as well as knowing how China has actively been trying to stifle free speech of American companies, its just not a good look for them to say the least. On the other hand, look at like Epic. They came right out at the start of this and made a statement declaring they would never ban players for political speech. They understand its un-American. Why doesn't Blizzard?

You know, in pre-Civil War days companies were within their rights to be complacent with and support slavery too. Just because somethings legal does not make it right.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:44 AM   #135
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

To be as clear on my opinion of this as I can as I don't really care to discuss it further, the main problem I see here is its all too obvious to me Blizzard only enforced that political speech policy solely to preserve business in China because of $.

Had it been apparent they simply don't want political speech of any kind whether it affected their business or not, it wouldn't have been as bad. But there is the clear and present conflict of interest going on, the possibility of losing the Chinese market. So they are putting business above American values, and on top of that values they claim to support.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:33 PM   #136
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
So let me get this straight. Some of you people are OK with Blizzard claiming to be for individual free speech, just not when it's inconvenient to them, and in turn severely punishes its pro players when exercising the same free speech values they hypocriticallly claim to support in citing a vague conduct rule? Lol, and you guys aren't even receiving any money from China. BOOTLICKERS.

Also I laugh at that notion that this issue is trivial because there are worse problems in the world. Such a cop out argument. It's our responsibility as consumers to vote with our wallets in supporting or not supporting unethical business practices whenever we can. Of course we can't boycott everything Chinese as their products are so ingrained in our society. But we can to American companies that prefer to side with the values of an oppressive gov that continually violates human rights.

As a company Blizzard can do what they want, but if they continue down this road they will continue to get sh!t for it.

Also Blizzcon is just a few weeks away. Can't wait.
No, I'm not OK with it. I'm also intelligent enough to realize that Blizzard could give a flying fig what I do with their games, as long as I'm not reselling them or pirating them. I've stopped my WoW subscription several times. Did I ever get anything to entice me to come back? Did they send me gift baskets, or anything? No. And if they don't care about me, they don't care about you. It may be hard for you to wrap your ego around that, but I assure you it's true.

So forgive me if I'm going to continue enjoying the things I spent my hard-earned money on. I'm also going to keep driving my truck, and wearing my clothes, and eating my food, and using all the other things that either were made in China or contain parts that were made in China. I'm almost 50 years old, and I've been fighting injustices since you were fortunate enough to be the fastest little wriggler. If I choose to protest, I will choose to protest my way, and I'm not going to do it to satisfy your inflated sense of justice. I only have 24 hours in my day, and I'm only one person. And in this world where there's 7 billion other people, I'm not going to have much of an impact on anything whether I delete my Blizzard account or not, and neither are you, Captain Courageous.

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:48 PM   #137
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazman View Post
No, I'm not OK with it. I'm also intelligent enough to realize that Blizzard could give a flying fig what I do with their games, as long as I'm not reselling them or pirating them. I've stopped my WoW subscription several times. Did I ever get anything to entice me to come back? Did they send me gift baskets, or anything? No. And if they don't care about me, they don't care about you. It may be hard for you to wrap your ego around that, but I assure you it's true.

So forgive me if I'm going to continue enjoying the things I spent my hard-earned money on. I'm also going to keep driving my truck, and wearing my clothes, and eating my food, and using all the other things that either were made in China or contain parts that were made in China. I'm almost 50 years old, and I've been fighting injustices since you were fortunate enough to be the fastest little wriggler. If I choose to protest, I will choose to protest my way, and I'm not going to do it to satisfy your inflated sense of justice. I only have 24 hours in my day, and I'm only one person. And in this world where there's 7 billion other people, I'm not going to have much of an impact on anything whether I delete my Blizzard account or not, and neither are you, Captain Courageous.
Seriously? No company you have ever canceled service with has ever attempted to get you back with discounts or offers to come back later?

That's pretty rare.

Hell I have canceled ATT, Verizon, Xfinity, and tons of others contracts and they have ALL attempted to entice me back through discounts and what not. Hell ATT refused to take me off their no contact list several times before I had to write a letter to them.

You have been fighting injustices all these years and decided to give up? What prompted that? Didn't think you were making a difference? Imagine if everyone thought they couldn't make a difference...that's pretty sad.

I hope you're in the minority.

Blizzard is hoping there are more people like you than like me I bet. Maybe they are right and they can continue on appeasing China.

I hope not.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 01:29 PM   #138
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazman View Post

I appreciate the passionate reply. But just wanted to point out in case you missed it, that I said I don't think there's any point you stop enjoying the Blizzard games you've already bought and paid for. Just that I wouldn't give them anymore money for anything new until such time they reverse their policy on the matter.

And yes, I do think they would care about that.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 02:03 PM   #139
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

sorry Blizzard just wait it out a few days or weeks

one thing about the SJW here in the US they have the attention span of a goldfish and will be onto the next injustice as soon as someone tweets something else they don't like

really want it to change support china tariffs in and out and sanctions make these companies pull out of china
but it is going to cost you personally more money
Old Oct 20, 2019, 02:15 PM   #140
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

sorry Blizzard just wait it out a few days or weeks

one thing about the SJW here in the US they have the attention span of a goldfish and will be onto the next injustice as soon as someone tweets something else they don't like

really want it to change support china tariffs in and out and sanctions make these companies pull out of china
but it is going to cost you personally more money
yes but its doable if you make the effort. Amazingly i was able to cut out 100% of the chinese(and alot of american) imports in my business(paint and drywall) I even have a section in my quotes where i state i use nothing chinese and give them a made in canada option and a support trump option when it comes to actual paint(sorry bennie moore and sherwin and wooster) My customers absolutely love it and price wise doesnt really affect my bottom line
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Old Oct 20, 2019, 02:32 PM   #141
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
yes but its doable if you make the effort. Amazingly i was able to cut out 100% of the chinese(and alot of american) imports in my business(paint and drywall) I even have a section in my quotes where i state i use nothing chinese and give them a made in canada option and a support trump option when it comes to actual paint(sorry bennie moore and sherwin and wooster) My customers absolutely love it and price wise doesnt really affect my bottom line
I try but most of the crap in home depot is china and sh*t quality
and home depot put all the local shops out of business years ago

carrier air conditioning I use are made in mexico and some here but if you look at the parts in the units a lot are from china
like a lot of things
Old Oct 20, 2019, 02:45 PM   #142
Higgy10

Quote:

carrier air conditioning I use are made in mexico and some here but if you look at the parts in the units a lot are from china
like a lot of things
then look north instead of mexican or chinese. Napoleon home comfort makes a/c and furnaces just down the road from me
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Old Oct 20, 2019, 02:52 PM   #143
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:

like a lot of things
A little effort on your part and you will be able to buy products made in other parts of the world.

A little research online is all it takes.

Found that out when I went looking for tools made somewhere else than China. There were actually a lot of options.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 04:04 PM   #144
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
[I have no interest in defending the actions of the Hearthstone player as I've said. My criticisms are with Blizzard's free speech policy.]
I for one applaud Blizzard's "free speech policy" which aims to prevent any dimwit from running their mouth about anything political THEY consider important, on Blizzard's esports stream.

And no I don't care if it's Hong Kong, Catalonia, Ku Klux Klan or the 2nd coming. Too bad it happened to be HK the first time around this rule was broken, because it now allows the slacktivists (god do I love that term!) to make the disingenuos connection of "Blizz enforcing a rule = siding with China", where in fact the opposite is true (i.e. they enforced the rule to not pick any side).
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 06:29 PM   #145
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
...not pick any side).
Is picking a side.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 08:43 PM   #146
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renocide View Post
Is picking a side.
Many people disagree with that line of logic.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:28 PM   #147
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Doing nothing and remaining neutral would have been not picking a side.

Blizzard, the NBA, Vans, Apple have been actively censoring Americans to appease China. They pick their side; money.

Think China's sins are just political?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/c...555KAXQyR2hvoM

Quote:
The organs of members of marginalized groups detained in Chinese prison camps are being forcefully harvested — sometimes when patients are still alive, an international tribunal sitting in London has concluded.
TLDR: China has been rounding up Muslims in camps and keeping an inventory of their blood and protein types until a wealthy Chinese citizen needs an organ. These Muslims are then murdered for their organs.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:22 PM   #148
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bires View Post
Doing nothing and remaining neutral would have been not picking a side.
This is under the assumption that Blizzard wouldn't have punished someone for supporting China, for example.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 01:33 AM   #149
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
This is under the assumption that Blizzard wouldn't have punished someone for supporting China, for example.
This.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2019, 02:30 PM   #150
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
In a Chinese language-only message on its official social media, Blizzard stated that it would “resolutely safeguard [China’s] national dignity.

Blizzard says you're wrong.