Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 20, 2016, 04:29 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Facebook app for iOS not giving push notifications

I have the latest version of the Facebook app for iOS and don't get push notifications. I just get a number on the Facebook app's icon showing how many notifications I have. I have all notification options enabled in iOS (for Facebook) and in the Facebook app itself. Any ideas?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2016, 04:43 PM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Step 1: Delete Facebook app.
Step 2: Profit
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2016, 07:29 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Did you check alert style?

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 20, 2016, 09:56 PM   #4
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Step 1: Delete Facebook app.
Step 2: Profit
This is the correct answer.

Also, step 3. make bookmark of web version and save to home screen.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2016, 02:42 PM   #5
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Fixed it! Found this on Facebook (I had 8 Ball Pool connected to Facebook):

Quote:
I have had this same problem for over a year now, they wouldn't work on my iPhone iPad android phones or tablets. It has nothing to do with resetting anything, clearing caches, reinstalling or restoring. There is an app that you have connected to your Facebook which has blocked your notifications.

Head into your Facebook app and click on account settings, click on the apps button and turn all platforms off. Close the app in your multitask by double clicking your home button and closing the app from there. Get someone send you a test and bam.... Notifications I never thought I would see a Facebook notifications ever again! Head back into your settings and turn platforms back on. Your apps will be gone but I'm sure you can reconnect them when you use them again.

I have added this to mac rumours and have have had people it works for!! This is the only fix!
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2016, 04:19 PM   #6
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
This is the correct answer.

Also, step 3. make bookmark of web version and save to home screen.
Does this help battery life? Facebook seems like it really hogs battery usage.
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2016, 05:16 PM   #7
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
Does this help battery life? Facebook seems like it really hogs battery usage.
Yes, significantly.

FB hogs battery life no matter what you do. If you are a habitual checker, like me, a shortcut is literally all you need since you get basically EVERYTHING your normally would with the full app, except maybe immediate notifications.

In Android, notifications come through via Chrome so I'll give that a shot since I am about to jump on the new beta for Chrome on iOS.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote