Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Feb 26, 2016, 09:25 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
I guess perhaps if you're running games and the like you might notice a difference, but I cannot say I run out of RAM frequently, if ever on my One M7.

The far, far, far bigger thing I noticed was emptying out the local disk space. Android seems to use the onboard storage as swap, so when you get close to running out, it kills both battery life and performance.
Yeah that's true, I heard 6.x uses your internal/ext. storage and combines it. Which is a great idea!

For me, having the S4 still, with 1gb of ram, is just terrible, so maybe that's where I'm having my issues on the ram front, just need more!
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2016, 09:28 AM   #32
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Most carriers are doing away with subsidized phones. You can buy them "subsidized" with new plans that end up costing more than the old ones typically.

So the better preference would be to buy outright.
In theory, but in practice it's just not happening.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2016, 09:30 AM   #33
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
All phones hitch and stutter, true, but that seems to be TouchWiz related.

Which is why I would stick to a Nexus typically and why I keep hoping for a Samsung made Nexus again.
I meant the latching system - once a phone doesn't work because the battery won't stay in because the tab on the left broke and the bottom won't latch, or it falls out in the middle of doing something or when you need it most, somebody's gonna raise a fit.

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:15 AM   #34
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post
Yeah that's true, I heard 6.x uses your internal/ext. storage and combines it. Which is a great idea!

For me, having the S4 still, with 1gb of ram, is just terrible, so maybe that's where I'm having my issues on the ram front, just need more!
Unfortunately for people who want that expandable storage feature: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/...table-storage/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:16 AM   #35
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
Unfortunately for people who want that expandable storage feature: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/...table-storage/
It's still expandable storage. It just doesn't extend to the SD cards.

They should have implemented it as mandated under MM, but I can see their side of things too (weak argument is still an argument).
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2016, 02:10 PM   #36
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Maybe they'll open it up sometime or someone will find out how to enable it through mods.

I'm making an S7 thread.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2016, 02:01 AM   #37
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

I just can't buy another non-nexus phone I don't think, because updates are crucial it seems like now. Sammy/LG don't seem to be on the updates, or the updates ruin their phones.

So battery life, and now android updates, are the 2 most important things to me at this time.
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2016, 01:19 AM   #38
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

From what I hear xperia x performance is Asia only.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote