Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:19 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Default looking for a tubex like app for android

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tube...939906112?mt=8

Is there something like this for android?
I want an app with the same functionality...something simple. If I was watching a youtube video on my old iphone, I could simply hit the home button and have the audio playing in the back ground with Tubex. This allowed me to open other apps while the audio kept playing in the bg, but if I wanted to return to the video, I could simply click on the app again and the video would continue playing without skipping a beat.

I'm having heck of a time finding a similar app on Android. I'm trying really hard to like Android but it's getting pretty tough. If I wasn't poor, I would have bought another iphone.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:41 PM   #2
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwards

Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 2x 128GB Samsung 830 SSD's | 4TB Hitachi | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 64GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:19 PM   #3
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

wow thanks. that radioyoutube app is good enough for me. i have to minimize the app twice in order to make it work, but i'm okay with that.

that yougo app was absolutely useless. a complete piece of ****.

thanks again.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 22, 2015, 07:47 PM   #4
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

so they took down Radio YouTube for some reason.
Yeah, Android's awesome...you can have tons of clock widgets up the ass but you can't do any useful **** like listening to YouTube in the background.
Nice.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 03:04 PM   #5
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwards

It probably has to do with YouTube Red, which allows for playing music in the background IIRC. That's probably why they took it down.
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 2x 128GB Samsung 830 SSD's | 4TB Hitachi | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 64GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2015, 01:38 AM   #6
theandroguy

theandroguy is still being judged by the masses

There is a new app, that uses YouTube Api, and works in background. It plays only the sounds, you can listen to music for free by using the app SMU. Here is the play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.smu.player
theandroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2015, 07:06 PM   #7
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by theandroguy View Post
There is a new app, that uses YouTube Api, and works in background. It plays only the sounds, you can listen to music for free by using the app SMU. Here is the play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.smu.player
i've found a convoluted way to get background audio going with kodi+youtube addon and using mxplayer as an external video player.

I'll check out SMU, however I'm not liking the facebook authentication because I don't use facebook.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 04:45 PM   #8
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

If you're not too picky about design you can use Tubemate it's banned from Google Play because it also allows for video downloads.

Quick tutorial : search video in Tubemate, click the green (download)arrow, It will give a list of quality options and videotypes, select the one of your preference and now click the play audio button and it will open the audio in a build in player. Unfortunately background play does not work for video unless you use a external player.

You can also make a playlist by visiting the videos, clicking the green arrow, select quality, click playlist icon and select which playlist to add to. In the playlist windows you can either click play video or play audio.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 08:44 PM   #9
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroPath View Post
If you're not too picky about design you can use Tubemate it's banned from Google Play because it also allows for video downloads.

Quick tutorial : search video in Tubemate, click the green (download)arrow, It will give a list of quality options and videotypes, select the one of your preference and now click the play audio button and it will open the audio in a build in player. Unfortunately background play does not work for video unless you use a external player.

You can also make a playlist by visiting the videos, clicking the green arrow, select quality, click playlist icon and select which playlist to add to. In the playlist windows you can either click play video or play audio.
I'm looking to avoid the whole downloading individual video business. Just an extra useless step that I don't really care about.
Besides I've found a way with Kodi and Youtube addon for what I want to do.
But thanks anyway.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 04:32 AM   #10
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Ok, you're welcome. The app however does not download anything if you use the play audio/video option. With audio it just streams and with video you get a warning/option to download instead of stream, but streaming also works fine for me

Also it works for a multitude of videosites. Not just YouTube.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:55 AM   #11
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroPath View Post
Ok, you're welcome. The app however does not download anything if you use the play audio/video option. With audio it just streams and with video you get a warning/option to download instead of stream, but streaming also works fine for me

Also it works for a multitude of videosites. Not just YouTube.

OK you convinced me. tried it out and it works well . I'll probably switch to it from kodi... it's less clunky to work with. thanks again.