Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Aug 17, 2015, 09:53 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Next Nexus - Google Press Event 9/29/15

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/17/g...-nexus-5-leak/

That finger print scanner location makes a lot of sense to me, especially for index finger scanning. Doesn't look too shabby, hopefully the Huawei one is nice as well.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:29 AM   #2
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Old Aug 18, 2015, 09:22 AM   #3
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks... tall.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:16 PM   #4
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It's not much bigger than the original Nexus 5.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 08:44 PM   #5
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
It's not much bigger than the original Nexus 5.
Screen size, sure.

Actual device is supposedly taller.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2015, 09:01 PM   #6
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Screen size, sure.

Actual device is supposedly taller.
But not much taller.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 09:51 PM   #7
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Really looking forward to how these phones turn out. The Nexus 6 was more money than I really want to spend on my phone and my Nexus 4 has lasted me for quite awhile

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2015, 09:54 PM   #8
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Really looking forward to how these phones turn out. The Nexus 6 was more money than I really want to spend on my phone and my Nexus 4 has lasted me for quite awhile
It's a pretty nice device.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:46 PM   #9
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
It's a pretty nice device.
You've already tried the new phone?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:02 AM   #10
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
You've already tried the new phone?
I have used an unannounced handset.

Last edited by |MaguS| : Aug 19, 2015 at 12:10 AM.
|MaguS| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:33 PM   #11
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

A reliable source told me it's coming out in two months. I know nothing else though.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2015, 02:08 PM   #12
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I dislike camera "humps" so much
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2015, 02:16 PM   #13
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
I dislike camera "humps" so much
This. Or any protrusion that causes the phone to rock like a buoy when you use it flat on a table.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2015, 02:27 PM   #14
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm interested in seeing this. Pretty much any Android phone is a great buy in 2015. I wonder if they'll put it in the mid range category. I'm impress with the Moto G for $220 on the low end spec; and the Moto X Play (should have just named it Moto Q, but whatever) for the mid range.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:34 AM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Old Aug 24, 2015, 01:24 PM   #16
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Wow, you almost HAVE to get that in black
Old Aug 24, 2015, 01:55 PM   #17
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Huawei's model is ugly...
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:40 PM   #18
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

We now know the names

Nexus 5X
Nexus 6P

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/18/93...-google-report

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2015, 09:18 AM   #19
Poacan
Boobs

Poacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPoacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Waiting for the release so I can decide between this and the new Moto X. Still rockin' the Nexus 5.
Poacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:39 AM   #20
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacan View Post
Waiting for the release so I can decide between this and the new Moto X. Still rockin' the Nexus 5.
I'd suggest either the Nexus 6 (current gen, great prices), or the Nexus devices. The Moto looks a great product, but the screen seems sub-par for basically the same price.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 08:47 AM   #21
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I have used an unannounced handset.
Would this unannounced phone have the same camera as the G4? If so this unannounced phone will probably find a way inside my pocket.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2015, 04:53 PM   #22
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

I am starting to lean more for the 6 over the 5 now. Can't wait for the official announcement
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:06 AM   #23
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Default Google Press Event 9/29/15

Nexus 5/6 2015?
New Chromecast?
Android M?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:27 AM   #24
Elysian
SCAATSJW

The Marshmallow stuff they're showing looks pretty amazing, and the camera sounds fantastic.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:30 AM   #25
Elysian
SCAATSJW

$499 for the 32gb 6P, not awful. Pre-orders get 90 days Google Music and $50 Google Play card. They're also launching "Nexus Protect" for extended insurance.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:30 AM   #26
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
The Marshmallow stuff they're showing looks pretty amazing, and the camera sounds fantastic.
The camera upgrades do look great. Personally I was a bit underwhelmed on the software side.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:33 AM   #27
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Unless I missed it I didn't see any detailed specs for the 5x. RAM? SOC? Resolution?

Also assuming it doesn't have the same camera capabilities given it can't do the 240fps slow-mo's like the 6p.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:53 AM   #28
Elysian
SCAATSJW

New Chromecast
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:00 PM   #29
Elysian
SCAATSJW

The app caching thing on Chromecast is pretty awesome. Loading was always one of the worst parts of the Chromecast experience.

Wow, new Chromecast is still only $35.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:02 PM   #30
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Gaming on the Chromecast via your phone (Android and iOS supported) looks really great!

I'd love Chromecast Audio for my shop stereo.