Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Feb 18, 2016, 01:20 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
The only time the stock keyboard takes over SwiftKey for me is in password fields, which makes sense if Apple doesn't want to give those 3rd party keyboards access to your passwords. That was an issue I had early on, but haven't had for some time now.
Does it for me in IM's, web browsers, you name it. Some apps don't even let me switch to Fleksy

Quote:
I actually like the notifications quite a bit on the iPhone, like when I don't check a text it will notify me again in a few minutes. I noticed my Nexus 10 (with Marshmallow) does this now, so people must have liked it enough for Google to borrow the idea.
Most mid to high tier Android devices have a notification light so this was not necessary. The 6, which didn't have an activated notification light had notifications flashing on the screen.

Re: the notifications shade, it's just sloppily designed. And sometimes it'll just vanish and won't return until I reboot the phone. Plus no way to clear all notifications at the same time. Have to do that ridiculous click on the x (twice) to remove.

Quote:
I definitely don't miss the "customizability" part of Android, probably because that customization was necessary just to get a usable device. It got tedious.
Many prefer the fixed setup of iOS. But not being able to move things around on the screen to where I like it (I have a giant screen, why can't I have icons on the bottom half instead of the top), and the really daft folders, they grate.

It's easy to work around them and get past some of the inefficiencies. But it's really grating as to why some decisions were made. From a UI and UX perspective, it makes absolutely no sense.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:37 PM   #32
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Apple really needs to work on 3rd party keyboard support.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote