Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Feb 10, 2016, 08:37 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Rambozo
Making Hit Documentaries

Rambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Chromecast game streaming

Wow, Chromecast streams games to the TV from my Nexus 6p surprisingly well. Resolution is surprisingly high too, with no noticeable lag.

Anyone else give this a try? I got my Chromecast 2 for free through google for using Android pay 10 times.

Not my fault, I voted Ron Paul.

Not my fault, I voted Badnarik.
Rambozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2016, 08:47 AM   #2
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I really like the chromecast for stuff like Netflix and Plex etc.
Not tried games, but then again I never really game on a tablet or phone.
Seems counter intuitive to have a touchscreen interface you´re not actively looking at, there´s no tactile feedback like buttons on a controller or keyboard so..

How does that work? or is the idea that other people watch you play?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 09:01 AM   #3
Rambozo
Making Hit Documentaries

Rambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
I really like the chromecast for stuff like Netflix and Plex etc.
Not tried games, but then again I never really game on a tablet or phone.
Seems counter intuitive to have a touchscreen interface you´re not actively looking at, there´s no tactile feedback like buttons on a controller or keyboard so..

How does that work? or is the idea that other people watch you play?
Use a gamepad. A DS4 will sync right to an android. I use an Ipega gamepad. I'm gonna try the DS4 next. I've used the phone as the gamepad briefly too, and was surprised at how well that even worked.

The next step is finding games that aren't full of bullshit, and actually worth playing.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 10, 2016, 01:34 PM   #4
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

There it's noticeable lag...

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Old Feb 10, 2016, 02:47 PM   #5
Rambozo
Making Hit Documentaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
There it's noticeable lag...

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
I forgot about the lag with the DS4. Would have to use a different gamepad. I heard that the Wii U Pro controller used to work in an older version of Android, but was later broken. I don't know if it was ever fixed with Android 6. I will have to try it out.

Old Feb 10, 2016, 04:47 PM   #6
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not controller lag, wifi video lag. Not that I've done it with chromecast, but I use a PS3 controller with my phone and tried miracast to my TV, and miracast is terrible lag. Has to be HDMI to game.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 08:36 AM   #7
Rambozo
Making Hit Documentaries

Yeah, you're right. I tried again with a different game. I noticed some wifi lag.