Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Feb 1, 2016, 07:57 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I had between 2 and 4hrs of screen on time, and podcasted or listened to music an hour or two a day. Not extreme use at all, but I would be dead well before I went to bed. I did every single possible tweak,it never got better. Maybe it's a problem with the TMobile version, I don't know, but the cell radio bug is not a myth. XDA is littered with non-extreme users having issues as well.

Also, enough juice to last 9hrs is pretty weak.
I think yours had an issue -- I have never experienced that poor of batter life.

I still really think too many people get hung up on battery life, I would completely agree if electricity wasn't abundant and readily available but what is the real advantage of having a phone that lasts 24 hours? Hell I have an Omega Speedmaster -- I have to wind that watch every other morning or it stops, that would seem like a chore to some but its not a big deal because it is such a beautiful watch. Same goes for the Note 5, I am sure there are other phone options with superior battery lives but at what cost? slower processor? bleh screen?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 03:10 PM   #62
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

So I had to get up super early today for meetings -- I was out of bed and off the charger at 3:00am. I have been texting, podcasting, etc since I woke up.

Its now 2:00pm and here is how my battery looks. I am going to run it out til it dies today and see what I get for total life in a long day.

Old Feb 1, 2016, 04:17 PM   #63
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Maybe, like I said before, the issue is the T-Mobile variant.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 1, 2016, 04:39 PM   #64
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
Maybe, like I said before, the issue is the T-Mobile variant.
Yea might be.

Note 5 for life (read probably 1.5 years)
Old Feb 1, 2016, 08:41 PM   #65
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I had between 2 and 4hrs of screen on time, and podcasted or listened to music an hour or two a day. Not extreme use at all, but I would be dead well before I went to bed. I did every single possible tweak,it never got better. Maybe it's a problem with the TMobile version, I don't know, but the cell radio bug is not a myth. XDA is littered with non-extreme users having issues as well.

Also, enough juice to last 9hrs is pretty weak.

Yes, you have a different hardware version than I do.

I have the version with the Qualcomm radio in it. You are using Samsungs on-die GSM radio.

The modem in the Note 5 I am using is the MDM9645 from Qualcomm. I don't have the bugs and drains some have. Plus, I am running Android 6.0.1.

To provide a link the modem's specs from QualComm

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/modems/x12

Last edited by Flyordie : Feb 3, 2016 at 12:07 AM.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2016, 08:55 PM   #66
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

17 hours in, still going strong.

Old Feb 1, 2016, 09:07 PM   #67
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Did my previous comment in this thread get deleted?

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2016, 03:03 AM   #68
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
17 hours in, still going strong.

Very similar to my results in terms of percentages. Screen is the biggest waster. :-(

Glad you are getting the good battery life out of it. :-)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:53 AM   #69
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
Very similar to my results in terms of percentages. Screen is the biggest waster. :-(

Glad you are getting the good battery life out of it. :-)
Agreed, that beautiful, bright screen can suck battery life -- I just wanted to prove the battery is fine, get sick of reading all the blind hate.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:57 AM   #70
Rambozo
Making Hit Documentaries

Rambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
... Android 6.0.1.
I'm guessing that has something to do with it. I noticed a massive difference in battery life between my S5 stock rom and the 6.0.1 Cyanogen Rom and my 6.0.1 Nexus 6P.

I've read that the 6P gets less bettery life than my old S5, but I'm not seeing it. The battery seems to hold very well.

I do think it has a lot to do with software bloat. The Sprint/Samsung software seemed to weigh heavy on my phone.

The 6P is light on software and the battery lasts longer than expected. I'm very happy with my new carrier and phone. Now I gotta throw that S5 up on Ebay.

Not my fault, I voted Ron Paul.

Not my fault, I voted Badnarik.
Rambozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:06 PM   #71
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I probably would have waited to see what the S7 brings about. I don't know, I've had nothing but good things to say about Samsung and their phones, liked my S4 and love my S5 most of the time. Just got 6 hours of screen time and over a day of use from the S5. S7 is rumored to last 17 or 19 hours of video playback and is bringing back the SD card and waterproofing.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:12 PM   #72
Rambozo
Making Hit Documentaries

Rambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
I probably would have waited to see what the S7 brings about. I don't know, I've had nothing but good things to say about Samsung and their phones, liked my S4 and love my S5 most of the time. Just got 6 hours of screen time and over a day of use from the S5. S7 is rumored to last 17 or 19 hours of video playback and is bringing back the SD card and waterproofing.
That would have been nice, but I'm thinking that I am really liking Fi so far. I don't know that the S7 would be compatible with Google's service.

Plus, when it comes to technology, I am more inclined to live in the now, because there is always something better coming around the next corner.

Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:20 AM   #73
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambozo View Post
That would have been nice, but I'm thinking that I am really liking Fi so far. I don't know that the S7 would be compatible with Google's service.

Plus, when it comes to technology, I am more inclined to live in the now, because there is always something better coming around the next corner.
Not sure what you mean. Samsung top end smartphones have always had the latest and greatest in hardware. Its the main reason why I stick with them. They are almost always the fastest android device that gen. Thier displays are top notch and thier cameras are not always the best but pretty much up there. Ive had the SGS2, SGN3 ans the SGN5 and all have been high end smartphones with the latest tech and never have I found myself missing on something.
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2016, 08:34 AM   #74
Rambozo
Making Hit Documentaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
Not sure what you mean...
I'm certain the Samsung hardware is top. That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the wait for something new. I'm not one to do it. There will always be something new and better just around the corner.

Old Feb 3, 2016, 09:57 AM   #75
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambozo View Post
I'm certain the Samsung hardware is top. That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the wait for something new. I'm not one to do it. There will always be something new and better just around the corner.
I am with you, if you keep waiting you will never have a phone.

How are you liking the Nexus 6P?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 08:07 AM   #76
Rambozo
Making Hit Documentaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I am with you, if you keep waiting you will never have a phone.

How are you liking the Nexus 6P?
I'm loving the Nexus so far.