Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:48 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default HTC J :1080P 440ppi

Quote:

Quote:
Japanese carrier KDDI has introduced a new machine HTC J Butterfly (HTL21) This is the first smart phone equipped with a 5-inch 1080p screen, it uses a "Super LCD 3" panel, pixel density of 440ppi. Processor side followed the footsteps of several recent strong machine, with a quad-core 1.5GHz APQ8064 Snapdragon S4 Pro. The remaining specifications 2GB of RAM, 16GB ROM (supporting microSDHC expansion), 800-megapixel main camera (support 1080p video), 2.1 megapixel front camera, 2,020 mAh battery (in view of the specification of the processor and the screen, do not know how long life will have ah), support for 802.11 a / b / g / n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 (LE), NFC, available LTE, CDMA, GSM, UMTS, GPRS network (This representative said that there will be international version of it). Weight 140g, the Japanese phone customary the water repellent skills naturally (IPX5) is also essential. Consumers in Japan early December from KDDI there can buy this phone, and other regions Offering information has not yet been determined. Here we attach Atlas, a total of red, white and black colors!
Quad Core CPU 1.5ghz.
2GB ram
5inch Screen 1080p

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/17/h...-htl21-440ppi/
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Oct 18, 2012 at 05:03 AM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:53 AM   #2
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

so finally .
we have a phone that does
1080p , 2gb ram, quadcore cpu

what can they really do next??

Last edited by wc326 : Oct 18, 2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
so finally .
we have a phone that does
1080p , 2gb ram, quadcore cpu

what can they really do next??
Holographic display
Omega53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:10 AM   #4
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

GOD THAT FING REEKS SEXY.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:22 AM   #5
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

800 mega pixel camera?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:26 AM   #6
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I hope 2020mah will be enough for the s4 quadcore that this is packing. Looks like my note 2 will be short lived when this arrives.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:31 AM   #7
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Thats one sexy phone!

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:36 AM   #8
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
800 mega pixel camera?
I'm guessing that thing meant to say 8.00 megapixel camera?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:51 AM   #9
bman212121
Radeon R520

bman212121 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
800 mega pixel camera?
I don't know if it was messed up when he first copied it or if that was for the lulz. It's correct on the link provided @ eight megapixel.

Hopefully this phone will basically end the specs rush. You can go higher on the frequencies but I'm guessing it wouldn't even make sense to go with more cores. Maybe some more ram down the line but there is likely a ton @2GB. The screen is probably about the max needed as you won't be able to tell the difference if you went even higher resolution. But for me it's getting the battery life into a usable window versus having a ton of cores in the phone. I want to be able to have the phone go a full week without having to charge it. (Even if it's hardly any usage)
Q6600 G0 3 gigers - ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme w/ Scythe Kama - XFX 780I - 8GB Patriot 4-4-4-12 DDR2-800 - Diamond HD5870 - Dell 2407WFP - Intel 160GB G2 - X-FI Fatal1ty - Logitech Z5500 - Sennheiser HD555 - ThermalTake Toughpower 850W - CM Stacker 830 Custom - Logitech G5 - Saitek Eclipse II - Windows 7 x64
bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:52 AM   #10
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I want 8 cores, not 4.....
4gb instead of 2gb

TECHNOLOGY??? Y U NO FASTER???
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:11 AM   #11
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
800 mega pixel camera?
lol sorry.
i copied and translated from a chinese article with google translate at first

Last edited by wc326 : Oct 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:23 AM   #12
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
I want 8 cores, not 4.....
4gb instead of 2gb

TECHNOLOGY??? Y U NO FASTER???
Computers a few years ago werent running those specs for the most part
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:29 AM   #13
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

a few years ago? yeah they were..

10 years ago, maybe.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:30 AM   #14
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Do want
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:51 AM   #15
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
a few years ago? yeah they were..

10 years ago, maybe.
You telling me everyone was running 8 core systems with 4gb (this yes) of ram in 2009?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:13 PM   #16
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
I hope 2020mah will be enough for the s4 quadcore that this is packing. Looks like my note 2 will be short lived when this arrives.
I think you are crazy, the Exynos, and S4 are neck and neck. You lose .5" of screen space (granted you do gain a crazy amount of DPI and resolution). But a 2020mah battery? What the ****!

My Evo3D had a 2100mah! And it has the S4 dual core 1.2? Battery life was monkey dong on that thing. Light use, and wouldn't last the whole day.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:21 PM   #17
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

2100mah battery is pointless.. heavy use will be so limited.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:28 PM   #18
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
I agree 100% my EVO3d, I swear one movie and I'd be at 40% battery life. It was awful.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:09 PM   #19
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
You telling me everyone was running 8 core systems with 4gb (this yes) of ram in 2009?
4gb seems pretty standard for 2009? Also a single core from the PC CPU will obliterate a quad core mobile chip.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:13 PM   #20
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
That is your hands-on review?
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:28 PM   #21
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
That is your hands-on review?
It's mine. The S4 Dual core can't be much different. And I'd have to imagine it's less battery hunger. And the fact that 60% juice for one movie.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:29 PM   #22
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizen View Post
Also a single core from the PC CPU will obliterate a quad core mobile chip.
Im sorry but you´re wrong.
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:34 PM   #23
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
It's mine. The S4 Dual core can't be much different. And I'd have to imagine it's less battery hunger. And the fact that 60% juice for one movie.
Well, I hope you're wrong - because they are different phones. Different phones can have different metrics, despite similarities.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:42 PM   #24
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglaster View Post
Examples please.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:57 PM   #25
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

you just need to root the phone with the right ROM and the right settings and wahtever and you can get your batterly life WAY up.

elysian, Logical and Zero can attest to it. Theres something thats draining the piss out of the batteries (mileage my vary of course) unless you root it.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:59 PM   #26
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglaster View Post
Intel's Medfield (atom based x86) is faster than some of the SoC's right now.

and Atom is an absolute POS compared to the Core based desktop CPUs.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:19 PM   #27
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizen View Post
Examples please.
Just search for any benchmark with Intel SOC´s versus latest ARM SOC´s.

Although Atom is POS compared to Intel desktop CPU´s, you must consider youre comparing a ~100w TDP processor with a ~10w.

This is one of the motives that Intel is afraid of Nvidia, imagine an 100w Desktop ARM cpu
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:27 PM   #28
Omega53
Rage veteran

I want a 1.21 gigawatt cpu
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:32 PM   #29
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
I want a 1.21 gigawatt cpu
No you dont.

Also, you´re that traitor that didnt sold to me the 670

Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:06 PM   #30
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman212121 View Post
Hopefully this phone will basically end the specs rush.
I see you are new to technology.