Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Default HTX One X vs Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Nexus Galaxy

I'm in the market for a new phone since my BlackBerry died due to years and years of water damage, throwing it about, and ninja star-ing people with it (actually it still works, the lock button is just a bit iffy)

Basically, I don't really care much for the garbage that these phone makers put on their phones.

In order of importance:
Battery life *(this is key)
Call quality
Texting / whatsapp / email
A few apps like Yelp, turn by turn maps etc.
Everything else can suck it.

The reason I can only get these three phones (I'd rather wait for iPhone 5 but I don't think it'll be pentaband)

I can get the Nexus Galaxy for 349 on the google play store, and the Galaxy S3 for around 500 and htc one x for around the same.

In fact I'm even willing to go older generations if it means better battery life

Any suggestions?

Last edited by VVanks : Aug 12, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:04 PM   #2
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I just went ahead and picked up a Nexus Galaxy last night. Should arrive in a couple of days. The HTC X1 and the S3 are both fantastic phones, but spending $200 for a phone that is marginally better is a bit of a stretch. I know the Nexus Galaxy will be a great phone.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:00 PM   #3
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What about Droid Razor Maxx?

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-35128051.html

Of course the Droid Razr Maxx's claim to fame is its high-performance 3,300mAh battery. The phone is rated by Motorola to offer 21.5 hours of talk time and close to 16 days in standby mode. With numbers like these, it'll take time to run our battery tests on the Maxx, but in anecdotal use during my brief initial test period, the phone never dropped below 80 percent charge--quite remarkable. Later, while testing in the CNET Labs, the Razr Maxx played "The Godfather," with the screen brightness at 50 percent and audio at half volume, on a continuous loop for 19 hours and 47 minutes straight. That's enough juice for more than three back to back, coast to coast flights. In subsequent tests, we squeezed 20 hours of continuous call time. Though it's less than the promised 21.5 hours of talk time, it's still stellar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:25 PM   #4
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Hyrax is right. If you're looking for pure battery duration the Maxx is your phone.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:49 PM   #5
TheNGTV
EGG

TheNGTV is still being judged by the masses

Another good choice would be the AT&T One X (Snapdragon, not Tegra).

Sips power as long as you're on HSDPA.

LTE battery life is about 2-3 hours for web browsing (hearing that from some chaps who use the Singtel LTE version though)

But seriously... The Galaxy Nexus GSM + $20 external battery wins. Can't really find a reason to spend more on a phone.
TheNGTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:47 PM   #6
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I'm surprised the iPhone4 is behind the 4S.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:58 AM   #7
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i am happy with my One X, even the battery seems better than my Desire S. the graphics are quite amazing on it