Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected]e project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Aug 5, 2005, 12:47 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
dogchainx
Radeon R100

dogchainx is still being judged by the masses

Default Anyone having really bad points avg?

Ok, i used to be upward of around 1600 ppd. Now...i'm down to ~750. Anyone else's production gone down the toilet in the past two weeks?
dogchainx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 01:40 AM   #2
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I find the daily and weekly production numbers not to be as accurate an indicator of performance as the monthly measurement. Spikes/sags are to be expected on a weekly and daily basis but the monthly production shows longevity.
I've noticed your production has dropped off a bit as well, which has put you back on my overtake list
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 06:59 AM   #3
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

2 weeks ago, I did get a lot of 74x WU which are realy not that good for ppd. But in the last week, I started to get 364 and 600 pointers again.
luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 5, 2005, 08:23 AM   #4
Honsy
I killed the RLD

Location: Canada The wrong side of Insanity a.k.a. Mississauga, ON
Honsy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogchainx
Ok, i used to be upward of around 1600 ppd. Now...i'm down to ~750. Anyone else's production gone down the toilet in the past two weeks?
I was at 1600ppd, now lagging around 1000ppd. I'm with you my brotha

Join Team Rage3D Folding and help make science happen.
Learn more
Honsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:28 AM   #5
TheEmrys
Radeon R420

TheEmrys is still being judged by the masses

Sitting here at work, the 5 computers that I EMIII show that I've been only getting WU's worth less than 200points. Right now, for all 5 P4 2.4's working 24/7, I am averaging 368 ppd on them. On my home machine, I have an A64 3500 folding mostly 600 pointers. My average there? Closer to 400ppd.

(Main rig is overclocked... well, a lot.)

However, the P4's only have 256 megs of ram so I don't have the big WU's enabled. That should change in a couple of weeks.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:54 AM   #6
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the 74x WU onslaught. If all your boxes are folding (I'd be checking my logfiles if I saw that big a drop), than that might be the culprit.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 03:11 PM   #7
MDC
Radeon Northern Islands

Location: United States Center of the Universe, Washington DC
MDC is still being judged by the masses

It's not just the 74x's anymore. There's all kinds of WU's that get me around 100ppd on my best boxes.
MDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 04:44 PM   #8
XSBagage
while the world crumbles

XSBagage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXSBagage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I seem to be back on my steady 450 pointer diet
Old Aug 5, 2005, 08:20 PM   #9
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDC
It's not just the 74x's anymore. There's all kinds of WU's that get me around 100ppd on my best boxes.
Yep, the 15xx series only gets about 130PPD on my A64 This thing should be pumping out 400PPD+
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 01:50 PM   #10
MDC
Radeon Northern Islands

My A64 at home grabbed a P235 this morning. About 50 hours to complete so, 110 PPD!
Old Aug 6, 2005, 02:09 PM   #11
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDC
My A64 at home grabbed a P235 this morning. About 50 hours to complete so, 110 PPD!
My A64 is finally back to 600 pointers, so is avg just under 300ppd.

EDIT: and I changed my settings a bit. Still doesn't appear to OC worth a damn, but am currently running it @ 2250MHz (250x9) using the 5/6 memory divider. I have GOT to get some better RAM in this rig so I can get back to 1:1.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:42 AM   #12
MDC
Radeon Northern Islands

Whine, whine, *****, *****, moan, moan!

There, glad to get that out of my system.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 09:09 PM   #13
SmokeRings

SmokeRings is still being judged by the masses

So what, is ram tweaking a big factor? Anyone else with overclocking tips? I'm just a trial and error guy.

When do we get the graphics cards working too?
The graphics card core is said to be working on the website but they don't have anything more than a beta? I would try the beta... anyone doing it yet? I've got an x800pro a 9800pro and an 8500, plus 3 geforce4mx's. Not great but it should add quite a bit.

Last edited by SmokeRings : Aug 25, 2005 at 01:58 AM. Reason: add
SmokeRings is offline   Reply With Quote