Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:24 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Thumbs down Ghost touching on my Motorola Droid 4 now.

Well my new Motorola Droid 4 is going through the same "ghost touching" where the screen seems to be over-sensitive and is touching itself randomly for no reason that my old Droid 1 died from. The screen just glitches and bugs out pressing who-knows-what... really annoying.

Is this problem a Motorola bug or is it common in other Android phones? If it's just Motorola I'm finished buying their buggy BS. REALLY makes me mad.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:33 AM   #2
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

I do not have that issue on my Motorola Droid 2 Global, so I don't think it's a Moto thing.

I looked here and saw a few complaints about Droid 4, but ghost responsiveness is not one of them:
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Mot...id6431/reviews

If I had to guess, it may be a defect worthy of warranty replacement thru Verizon. They may tell you to factory wipe it first though.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:35 AM   #3
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

It starts touching it self? Maybe it's lonely.

Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:35 AM   #4
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

How long do I got for warranty? I got it like 3 months ago, maybe it was 2... I forget.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:13 AM   #5
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
How long do I got for warranty? I got it like 3 months ago, maybe it was 2... I forget.
I'm not sure... but I purchased my phone about 1 year ago, and the other day I thought I broke it. When I called Verizon support, they told me not to worry because I had an extended warranty, in addition to insurance if it needed to be replaced completely. I can only assume I spent a little extra for an extended warranty, but I honestly don't remember doing that. I can't find the receipt either, sorry. I guess what I'm saying is it couldn't hurt to at least ask Verizon Support.

Side note - my phone is fine, I simply forgot the combination keys for Moto recovery after a bad flash.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:31 AM   #6
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Well my new Motorola Droid 4 is going through the same "ghost touching" where the screen seems to be over-sensitive and is touching itself randomly for no reason that my old Droid 1 died from. The screen just glitches and bugs out pressing who-knows-what... really annoying.

Is this problem a Motorola bug or is it common in other Android phones? If it's just Motorola I'm finished buying their buggy BS. REALLY makes me mad.

Updated android kernels can fix that more than likely. You'd need to root, etc, to do it.

http://androidcentral.com

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:04 AM   #7
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Clean the spooge off the screen.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:58 AM   #8
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

had ghost touching on my htc evo, rooting solved it.

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:22 PM   #9
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
You ever consider getting repair coverage for your phones? You have had problems with Droid 1, Droid RAZR, Droid 4. Looks like you could use the insurance.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:24 PM   #10
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
You ever consider getting repair coverage for your phones? You have had problems with Droid 1, Droid RAZR, Droid 4. Looks like you could use the insurance.
It makes me more curious what the heck he does to his phones.

Nobodies luck is that horrible.

(I could be wrong though, I went through 4 XBOX 360's)
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:48 PM   #11
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I can only guess he is a planking model and keeps his phone in his front pocket.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:29 PM   #12
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
eah, that might not be a bad idea. Who's good for that? Square Trade alright?

Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:32 PM   #13
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post

Nobodies luck is that horrible.

(I could be wrong though, I went through 4 XBOX 360's)
Actually I too went through 4 Xbox 360's lol.

Quote:
I can only guess he is a planking model and keeps his phone in his front pocket.
I do keep it in my front pocket, but this one's been babied. I now face the screen inward toward my soft milky thigh as to keep it safe and sound.

I'm going to try and update every last piece of software on the phone to make sure it's all up-to-date and nothing's causing an outside glitch. Then if it's still acting odd I guess I'll call Verizon up. But I really do need to get insurance I think, for future use.

Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:40 PM   #14
ATi VGA Wonder

Quote:
eah, that might not be a bad idea. Who's good for that? Square Trade alright?
Verizon provides it. It will be a monthly charge.

Quote:
I now face the screen inward toward my soft milky thigh as to keep it safe and sound.
Always such a tease.

Last edited by guest : Apr 14, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:38 AM   #15
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Always such a tease.
How else will I get you to buy me all those free drinks