Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:09 PM   #1921
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroPath View Post
I thought the gap between 6970 and 5870 would grow when time passed by but this just shocked me: there is only a 2 fps difference in minimum and 1 fps difference in average WoW that 5870 was a nice card...
To be fair, it looks like the 6970 is struggling for some reason and should be faster, a 560ti is keeping up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxen View Post
Agreed, this is what I was waiting for, not Call of Modern Battlefield 3 rush mode.
Rush mode ftw, they just have retarded map design.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:12 PM   #1922
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Does anyone know when the open beta is supposed to start? Tonight at 12 or sometime in the day tomorrow?

Also Roxen hit me with that new PW for caspian... it will be much appreciated when I get in.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:13 PM   #1923
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Rush mode ftw, they just have retarded map design.
Rush maps in bc2 just always felt like big stupid ****fests on bad maps to me. So I agree, I guess.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:14 PM   #1924
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Also Roxen hit me with that new PW for caspian... it will be much appreciated when I get in.
They're changing it every few hours I think, so if you're not getting in the beta till later it probably isn't worth knowing. And by the time the open-open beta starts they might just unlock it, or they said they might anyway.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:15 PM   #1925
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
They're changing it every few hours I think, so if you're not getting in the beta till later it probably isn't worth knowing. And by the time the open-open beta starts they might just unlock it, or they said they might anyway.

Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:16 PM   #1926
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
As quickly as people are obtaining the passwords and as many players are already in the Caspian servers, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they just unlock it later today or tomorrow. It isn't like we won't keep cracking the code. How anyone could play Operation Metro over this is just insane to me. If they do unlock it, I can't see anyone ever wanting to touch Metro again. I know I sure don't want to, because it doesn't even remotely feel like Battlefield. In fact, it isn't even fun period.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:22 PM   #1927
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Sorry man, if you were already in the beta I'd hook you up. But telling you now is just a liability to get it changed faster and get me kicked out of the cool club.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:23 PM   #1928
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Rush maps in bc2 just always felt like big stupid ****fests on bad maps to me. So I agree, I guess.
I liked Rush in BC2, but there were too many bottlenecks in a lot of the maps.

Not a fan of CQ, have never been a fan of capture the flag/domination gametypes. For one I like to have real objectives to destroy instead of just sitting in an area for a certain amount of time, and two I think the gameplay sucks with everyone running around in circles and getting shot in the back.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:23 PM   #1929
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Sorry man, if you were already in the beta I'd hook you up. But telling you now is just a liability to get it changed faster and get me kicked out of the cool club.
Nah its all good. But when I get the beta when it comes out tonight or tomorrow, ur the first person Im PMing.

Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:43 PM   #1930
Dandingo
Momma says I'm big boned.

Dandingo is still being judged by the masses

Just played a little of the beta as I had early access and all I can say is WTF? Major clipping issues, I spent the better half of the game below the map.
EVGA GeForce GTX 285 (648/1476/2484)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

[XBOX 360 250GB Slim + Kinect] [PS3 Slim 160GB]
Dandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:43 PM   #1931
NEODARK
Radeon Sea Islands

NEODARK is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh
RAGE3D

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...tmembers/True/
Just applied as well. (Neolink1)
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:09 PM   #1932
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I think rush is ok, but the one thing that bf1942 had that was awesome fun was CTF. Why the hell don't they bring back CTF? 8v8 CTF in 1942 was insane.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:23 PM   #1933
Tt eSPORTS Rep
Thermaltake USA

Tt eSPORTS Rep is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
I think rush is ok, but the one thing that bf1942 had that was awesome fun was CTF. Why the hell don't they bring back CTF? 8v8 CTF in 1942 was insane.
I think CTF no matter the FPS is pretty fun. I think the only scenario it wouldn't work in is a game like arma or something. I'd totally be down to do some CTF in BF3
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:42 PM   #1934
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
god yes, chasing down a flag carrier riding in a gp with a ****ing spitfire on el alamein.... SDFGSDGHQ#$Y%%

They should remake el alamein in all its glory for BF3. Then I would buy it.

THAT ****ING MAP.

kinda want to reinstall bf42 now...

Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:42 PM   #1935
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So....how do I get into the beta? I bought the limited edition online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:45 PM   #1936
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
So....how do I get into the beta? I bought the limited edition online.
It's too late for that. You'll have to wait until tomorrow when they open it up to the public.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:01 PM   #1937
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
It's too late for that. You'll have to wait until tomorrow when they open it up to the public.
Ah no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 06:13 PM   #1938
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

I havent played much, but I have to say its far buggier than I thought it would be. Animation and movement glitching is all over the place and there are severe collision issues with both terrain and objects (firing an RPG into a building only to have it go through the wall and kill an enemy soldier without actually damaging the wall was bad looking).

The actual combat was an up and down experience. Overall, I enjoyed the new deadlier weapons. Combined with re-introduced proning, it makes for a more cover-to-cover gameplay rather than just plain running as in BC2. But at the same time there where plenty of moments when it was just stupid. I especially remember a time when a M249 enemy came around a corner. It literally took 0.1 seconds for him to kill me. I just heard a single shot and bam I was dead before I could aim my gun at him. This just doesnt happen in BC2. Damage is all over the place... I dont know if its network lag or something but when I shoot they always seem to eat my bullets and spit them back.

I really hope the combat will be tweaked and improved. Its good but it doesnt feel solid.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:25 PM   #1939
McCrash
Radeon R520

McCrash is still being judged by the masses

Question

I was just at youtube checking some BF3 beta gameplay and a reviewer stated that you can't change any ingame options unless you are actually in a game. Is that true?
McCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:28 PM   #1940
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrash View Post
I was just at youtube checking some BF3 beta gameplay and a reviewer stated that you can't change any ingame options unless you are actually in a game. Is that true?
Yes it's very annoying. The end result will be a ton of people idling in servers messing with keybindings/settings. (because that's exactly what I did for 2 hours trying to get xmouse to work.)
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:31 PM   #1941
ML21
No soup for you!

ML21 is still being judged by the masses

how do you access the in-game options?! pressing ESC, ~ key isn't showing anything..

ML21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:32 PM   #1942
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML21 View Post
how do you access the in-game options?! pressing ESC, ~ key isn't showing anything..
Once you're deployed (spawned with your gun) ESC should take you there. It isn't?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:40 PM   #1943
ML21
No soup for you!

ML21 is still being judged by the masses

ohhh ok. I haven't try that yet, I would of imagine that while in the deploy menu choosing my weapons, I would be able to open the settings menu! thanks for the heads up!

ML21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:45 PM   #1944
logical
What is my purpose?

Dice has said that they will change the Caspian password once every 24 hours. Hopefully I can get in on the beta before it changes. Hoping for a release tonight rather than sometime tomorrow.

Old Sep 28, 2011, 08:02 PM   #1945
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

It's really dumb design that you have to join the game to change the settings.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 08:48 PM   #1946
McCrash
Radeon R520

McCrash is still being judged by the masses

Arrow

Quote:
Yes it's very annoying. The end result will be a ton of people idling in servers messing with keybindings/settings. (because that's exactly what I did for 2 hours trying to get xmouse to work.)

I don't have this demo.

I read that a few players mentioned getting kick from servers while trying to setup their option selections.

I find this situation lame on the part of the developers. People should definitely set the developers straight.

Oh well!

Doesn't this game have SP? If ya have to go into a MP server just to setup the options, then the developers need to be replaced. lol

Maybe this is due to the PC game being a port?????

Last edited by McCrash : Sep 28, 2011 at 08:50 PM.
McCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:10 PM   #1947
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrash View Post
Maybe this is due to the PC beta being a port?????
fixed.

I think this goes along with why we got such a tiny map among other things. I think EA/DICE is trying to offer the same experience on all platforms here to quell any xbox/ps3 players that have been bitching non-stop. Combine that with EA trying to strong-arm DICE into pushing it's Origin service and you end up with this, among other problems.

Someone definitely needs to stop EA though, because what I keep hearing makes it sound like its getting closer and closer to the play4free game- which was awful. EA needs to learn that we don't want a World of Warcraft model for battlefield and that will never work. I didn't pay all this money to play my games in internet explorer like a god damn child on facebook...
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded

Last edited by Rifle_shot : Sep 28, 2011 at 09:19 PM.
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:59 PM   #1948
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt eSPORTS Rep View Post
I think CTF no matter the FPS is pretty fun. I think the only scenario it wouldn't work in is a game like arma or something. I'd totally be down to do some CTF in BF3
It would work in Arma. The original operation flashpoint had capture the flag and it was a blast.
Intel i7 7700k @ 5.0Ghz, ASUS Z270-Extreme4, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2, 16GB EVGA DDR4-3200 Ram, Asus VG278 120hz monitor x 3, Corsair Hydro H60 water cooler, Creative SoundBlaster ZX, 2 x 500gb Samsung Evo 960 M.2 SSD, OCZ ZT 750W PSU, Cooler Master Maker 5 Case, Windows 10
jjjayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:04 PM   #1949
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

some benchmark numbers:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,8...rked/Practice/

@ gtx 570 sli performance
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:21 PM   #1950
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

damn that's some crappy performance only about 60 fps on 580 SLI and that's only @ 1080P, guess 3D and 1600P is out of the question with todays GPU's, Demo what are you getting with Tri SLI?
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote